Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss The long anticipated memo is out! at the General Forum; Originally Posted by cnredd That fact went public just a few months ago, yet Comey showed the dossier to Obama ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2018, 03:16 PM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,194
Thanks: 967
Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,125 Posts
Default Re: The long anticipated memo is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
That fact went public just a few months ago, yet Comey showed the dossier to Obama and Trump before Trump was even president..And there's ZERO CHANCE Trump wouldn't have yelled that into the first microphone he saw...So there's ZERO CHANCE he was told by Comey...
Its because the FBI only brought the things they had personally and independently verified from the dossier. They don't waste the Presidents time with things that haven't been proven accurate. Trumps reaction was to say nothing, because he knew it was all true and as long as the information remained secret and not in the public he could just ignore it.

It wasn't till it was made public by buzzfead that he had to address it, in his own usual way.."FAKE NEWS".
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2018, 03:33 PM
CindyB's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,309
Thanks: 7,246
Thanked 4,503 Times in 2,727 Posts
Default Re: The long anticipated memo is out!

Oh goodie, there goes Red again saying another falsehood:
Quote:
The truth is, the Dossier was likely considered as a part of a whole picture, but without it they still would get the FISA warrant.

When in REALITY"
House Intelligence memo released: What it says
Quote:
* Andrew McCabe confirmed that no FISA warrant would have been sought from the FISA Court without the Steele dossier information.
__________________
CindyB - Proud Trump Supporter
Peace Through Strength
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CindyB For This Useful Post:
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2018, 04:05 PM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,194
Thanks: 967
Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,125 Posts
Default Re: The long anticipated memo is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post
Oh goodie, there goes Red again saying another falsehood:



When in REALITY"
House Intelligence memo released: What it says
I addressed this, The memo is written in a way that says "The dossier was totally fake and this is what they used to do the FISA warrants so it is all invalid"

When in reality it could not be further from the truth. It'd be great if we could corroborate that by looking at McCabes actual testimony. Or even the Democrats response to it, but all we have is the nunes spin memo, Which is a partisan summary of a non released testimony written by a man who bolted out of a taxi about 8 months ago to desperately tell Trump about an investigation.

Super reliable.

And by the way, Carter Page was caught in the middle of a Russian spy ring in 2013, they probably have dozens of pages of intel they can use to convince a FISA judge. there were 5 FISAs against Carter Page! FIVE! First one in 2014, then supposedly a new one due to Trump-Russia, plus 3 more renewals?!

Go back and read about the 2014 FISA and the conviction of 3 Russian Spies. Carter Page keeps showing up talking to known Russian agent's under surveillance. And the Russians even call the guy a ****ing idiot.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alimwatkins...epo#.riGWWZLPM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.79c20ea4d7d9

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ystery/545159/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carter...inks_to_Russia

Quote:
Ranking Democrat Adam Schiff has blasted the memo as “a hodgepodge of false statements and misleading representations” that cherry-picks facts and omits the underlying intelligence on which it is based, which he said most members have not reviewed.

What's your issue again?


Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2018, 04:38 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,687
Thanks: 6,803
Thanked 9,577 Times in 5,449 Posts
Default Re: The long anticipated memo is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Its because the FBI only brought the things they had personally and independently verified from the dossier. They don't waste the Presidents time with things that haven't been proven accurate. Trumps reaction was to say nothing, because he knew it was all true and as long as the information remained secret and not in the public he could just ignore it.

It wasn't till it was made public by buzzfead that he had to address it, in his own usual way.."FAKE NEWS".
Not even close to the truth. The FBI verified nothing in the dossier. To claim they did would prove they are bad investigators. To say they did, when they didn't,,,; is a bold lie. What happened to your insistence on Honesty?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
I addressed this, The memo is written in a way that says "The dossier was totally fake and this is what they used to do the FISA warrants so it is all invalid"

When in reality it could not be further from the truth. It'd be great if we could corroborate that by looking at McCabes actual testimony. Or even the Democrats response to it, but all we have is the nunes spin memo, Which is a partisan summary of a non released testimony written by a man who bolted out of a taxi about 8 months ago to desperately tell Trump about an investigation.

Super reliable.

And by the way, Carter Page was caught in the middle of a Russian spy ring in 2013, they probably have dozens of pages of intel they can use to convince a FISA judge. there were 5 FISAs against Carter Page! FIVE! First one in 2014, then supposedly a new one due to Trump-Russia, plus 3 more renewals?!

Go back and read about the 2014 FISA and the conviction of 3 Russian Spies. Carter Page keeps showing up talking to known Russian agent's under surveillance. And the Russians even call the guy a ****ing idiot.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alimwatkins...epo#.riGWWZLPM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.79c20ea4d7d9

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ystery/545159/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carter...inks_to_Russia


What's your issue again?



The subject of the OP is the information of the Memo. The foundation of the FISA was primarily a document invented and paid for by a political party, not evidence of a crime. that political motivation is the crux issue you continue to avoid with your dishonest ramblings.
That is the issue,,,;

Not some random unrelated event with Jimmy Carter's times.

Despite admonitions about honesty your own ability to debate is about as good as you relationship with the truth. Which seems only slightly better than your ability to remain on topic.

The Former DOJ, including the FBI, was weaponized for political advantage. It is only because of the Constitutional voting structure that we have been able to find out that sad fact. IE; the ability of an outside, dark horse, private citizen to achieve election to the office of POTUS. Otherwise, Hilary, the DOJ, and the Democratic party, would be able to keep her secret.

The sheer arrogant boldness of the parties involved in the corruption of our DOJ is astonishing at best. Tragic at worst.

The plain facts seem to be that what us conservatives asserted would be has turned out to actually be the reality. And no amount of flotsam or pettifogging will change that.

What is terribly dangerous here, and not yet mentioned, is that were we now to find out anything truthfully wrong and improper with the Russia and and candidate Trump, the credibility of such information would be horribly suspect. And the very thing the left so desperately needs to prove (and if true best for the nation) would slip through their grasp.

How many convictions of truly horrible people are lost the poisoned tree by one bad fruit? Think about that as you list a pack of unsupportable lies.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE

Last edited by FrancSevin; 02-02-2018 at 04:50 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2018, 05:20 PM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,194
Thanks: 967
Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,125 Posts
Default Re: The long anticipated memo is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post

Not some random unrelated event with Jimmy Carter's times.

Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2018, 06:50 PM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,194
Thanks: 967
Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,125 Posts
Default Re: The long anticipated memo is out!

“Mr. Steele’s work product was one piece of a larger puzzle as it relates to Mr. Page and others. I expect the Democratic memo in response will likely provide further context."

-Lyndsay Graham. Just a little while ago said....
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2018, 12:35 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,687
Thanks: 6,803
Thanked 9,577 Times in 5,449 Posts
Default Re: The long anticipated memo is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
“Mr. Steele’s work product was one piece of a larger puzzle as it relates to Mr. Page and others. I expect the Democratic memo in response will likely provide further context."

-Lyndsay Graham. Just a little while ago said....
Don't bet the farm
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2018, 12:58 AM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,194
Thanks: 967
Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,125 Posts
Default Re: The long anticipated memo is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Don't bet the farm
You mean like Jimmy Carters peanut farm?


Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2018, 08:01 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 15,391
Thanks: 8,229
Thanked 8,927 Times in 5,513 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: The long anticipated memo is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
One thing (not in the memo) is something that has been gnawing on me for awhile...

Remember when the FBI (Comey in particular) showed BOTH Obama and Trump the dossier?...

Why didn't he tell them "Oh yeah...By the way"...This dossier was paid for by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democrat National Committee."...

That fact went public just a few months ago, yet Comey showed the dossier to Obama and Trump before Trump was even president..And there's ZERO CHANCE Trump wouldn't have yelled that into the first microphone he saw...So there's ZERO CHANCE he was told by Comey...
The dossier author and I suspect the Democrats had been promoting the dossier to news organizations without success. Even the Trump hating media saw it as unverified garbage. Comey resuscitated the dossier by presenting it to Obama and Trump then leaking that was part of a Presidential briefing. When Buzz Feed published the dossier it did so with an unambiguous statement that it was up to the reader to determine its veracity. CNN took their usual partisan approach by "reporting" the dossier had been presented to the President along with lurid details of its content.

Comey in his rabid hatred for Trump never expected the history or the use of the dossier to obtain secret surveillance warrants to surface. Neither did the FBI cabal of McCabe, Strzok, Page, etc. expect their political insurance policy to become public.
__________________
The Democrat's strategy for the Trump Presidency is the same one used by Stalin's secret police chief "show me the man and I will show you the crime."
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2018, 08:32 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 15,391
Thanks: 8,229
Thanked 8,927 Times in 5,513 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: The long anticipated memo is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Yes, like the fact that the Dossier was not the basis for the investigation into Trump/Russia. Papadapolous was.



Yes, The partisan memo tries to imply that the dossier is tainted because it is a political hit piece. However, it fails to mention two things:

It was started by republicans.

No one has really pointed out any major inaccuracies in it. Sure a few names and dates were wrong, but nothing has really been disproven, and quite a bit has been proven.

The truth is, the Dossier was likely considered as a part of a whole picture, but without it they still would get the FISA warrant.




That is not how investigations work. You say "here is the information we have that indicates we need a warrant"

In other words: there was other information BESIDES the dossier that was used. Because they were looking at the Dossier does not mean that was the basis of the FISA warrant.



Republicans are the origin of the anti trump research.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/27/u...ul-singer.html

Right up until May of 2016 the Democrats had nothing to do with it.


I also want to point out that the memo leaves out Carter Pages previous history, as a russian agent, they just jump straight to 2016, ignoring all the evidence gained prior.


OH and Id be remiss if I didn't take one last parting shot.

in 2017 regarding Clinton Emails: "Who cares how they were stolen. What matters is the context"

in 2018 regarding Trump Dossier: "All that matters is who found out the info!"


But basically to sum this memo up....when you come up with a misleading memo to allege a huge FBI conspiracy against the president and accidentally show they did everything by the book.....

Kindly share with us the book that allows a political party to weaponize law enforcement to spy on political adversaries based on unproven opposition research. Oh wait the so-called book was written by the KGB where the Russian boogeyman Putin used to work.

Common sense tells us the FISA warrant application would lead with the strongest evidence first. That's where the dossier appeared on the application. So, what we have is secret surveillance of a major political party on the basis of unproven opposition research by a foreign intelligence agent bought and paid for by Democrats.

The dossier had been spurned by most news organizations because it lacked proof. The FBI even withheld payment to its author because he couldn't prove the contents. Why in the world would Trump publicize the false opposition research by speaking out against It? No reason but let's claim the dossier has been proven and Trump knew it.
__________________
The Democrat's strategy for the Trump Presidency is the same one used by Stalin's secret police chief "show me the man and I will show you the crime."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anticipated, long, memo, out, the

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0