Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Russian hackers: Cybersecurity firm warns of effort to penetrate Senate email system at the General Forum; Originally Posted by mr. wonder "Trump made a deal with Russia to" where's the PROOF of this deal Red? people ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2018, 03:53 PM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,739
Thanks: 1,167
Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,254 Posts
Default Re: Russian hackers: Cybersecurity firm warns of effort to penetrate Senate email sys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wonder View Post
"Trump made a deal with Russia to"
where's the PROOF of this deal Red?
people have been investigating for a year and they got crap.

"those hacked e-mails to help him get elected,"
the e-mails were leaks proven so by Intel Investigations. and alway insisted on by Assange
http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/new...tml#post847126
People who continue to claim that nothing has been found out regarding Trump Russian Conspiracy are either being dishonest, or are being willfully ignorant.

Quote:
the e-mails just exposed how Craptasic Hillary IS.
I agree they were used to hurt Hillary, but 99 percent of the people who heard of the emails never actually read them themselves and just took whatever dishonest version right wing or Russian propaganda was spreading at the time. I've asked this of other people before, but maybe you can show me the number one, most bad email, that implicates Hillary in the worst or most illegal way.


Quote:
she SHOULD have lost. The NEWS orgs should have exposed the same.
sadly the we've got to rely on hackers and whistleblowers NOT going to the MSM 1st just so the American people can have clear view of our skanky politicians and some of our gov't's shady shenanigans

And I jump to other people doing it becasue IT'S TRUE!
show me some real things they've done anfd i'll be there but all the ASSUMPTIONS of Russian guilt in EVERYTHING are Macarthisic BS
I really don't understand how you can honestly say that unless you are refusing to look at all the evidence.

(I've taken a lot of this from other places, its just a mismash of things all tossed together to hopefully give you a clear idea of what we know and have proof of)

1) Russia stole Democratic emails. US intelligence agencies have confirmed that emails from the Democratic National Committee and from Clinton campaign chair John Podesta were stolen by Russian hackers. The emails were ultimately released in a smartly sequenced way to maximize damage to Hillary Clinton.

2) At least one Trump adviser knew of the e-mail theft in advance and lied about it. Shortly after the emails were hacked, George Papadopoulos, one of Trump’s foreign policy advisers, was told of their existence by a Russian professor whom he knew to have deep contacts in the Russian government. Papadopoulos subsequently lied to investigators about the timing of the revelation. This is from the indictment (emphasis mine):

Quote:
Papadopoulos acknowledged that the Professor had told him about the Russians possessing dirt on then-candidate Hillary Clinton in the form of thousands of emails but stated multiple times that he learned that information prior to joining the campaign. In truth and in fact, however, defendant Papadopoulos learned he would be an advisor to the campaign in early March and met the Professor on or about March 14, 2016; the professor only took interest in defendant Papadopoulos because of his status with the Campaign, and the Professor told defendant Papadopoulos about the thousands of emails on or about April 26, 2016.
We don’t know if Papadopoulos shared this knowledge with others in Trump campaign, or if others were also approached by Russians with this information. But we do knw that Roger Stone did send tweets suggesting he knew the stolen Podesta emails were coming weeks in advance.

3) According to Mueller’s indictment, Paul Manafort, was a longtime paid operative of a Ukrainian political party with deep ties to the Kremlin. Manafort hid both the extent of his payments and the extent of his work on behalf of this party; more than $75 million flowed through offshore accounts related to the work, and at least $18 million was laundered by Manafort.

Among other things, this placed Manafort and Richard Gates in a highly compromised position, as they had both taken huge amounts of illegal money from a foreign government and lied about it to the US government. Manafort ran Trump’s campaign along with Gates.


4) In June 2016, Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort met with a Russian operative who promised them dirt on Clinton. The email Trump Jr. received was crystal clear. It came from Rob Goldstone and alleged that a Russian prosecutor had “offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful.” Trump Jr. wrote back, “if it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.”

Trump Jr. then set up a meeting, and on an email thread titled “Russia - Clinton - private and confidential,” he invited Kushner and Manafort. The meeting took place on June 9. It is impossible to read those e-mails and not conclude that the top players in the Trump Campaign were well aware that Russia was helping Trump and that they were willing collaborators.

By the way, “later in the summer” is exactly when the emails were released.

5) In July 2016, Trump said this: “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.” He said this after Papadopoulos was informed by the Russians that they possessed Clinton-related emails.


6) Russians released emails to help Trump, planted fake news and social media bots to help Trump, and tried to hack election systems in 21 states. But the most interesting thing about the Russian operations on Trump’s behalf is how sophisticated they were about American politics. As the DNC convention began, for instance, Russia released hacked selected DNC emails in an attempt to stoke conflict among Bernie and Hillary supporters. then the Podesta emails were dribbled out in the campaign’s final weeks and were laundered through WikiLeaks. The social media efforts were far-reaching and surprisingly savvy for a foreign government and they helped Trump at the exact moments and times that would benefit him the most. Russia needed American help to do that.


7) After being elected president, Donald Trump fired the director of the FBI to end his investigation into Russia’s role in the 2016 election. President Trump has certainly acted like someone with much to fear from the various investigations into Russia’s role in the election. After taking office, he lashed out at the CIA, which had concluded that Russia had interfered in the 2016 election on his behalf, "these are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction," the Trump administration said. (Reminds me of something you would say, actually)


A list like this can get much longer, I haven’t mentioned Jeff Sessions’s habit of lying/forgetting meetings with Russian officials, for instance, or Flynn or the Dossier, or the FUsion GPS Testimony, or all the pro Russian policy positions Trump adopted during the campaign and how he's acted since the inaguration. the list just gos on and on....

And we don't know what all Mueller knows, but we do know that its the largest counterintelligence investigation in history, and its far from over.

Last edited by RedState; 01-17-2018 at 04:00 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2018, 03:56 PM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,739
Thanks: 1,167
Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,254 Posts
Default Re: Russian hackers: Cybersecurity firm warns of effort to penetrate Senate email sys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wonder View Post
where's the PROOF that what greenwald says is simply "Russian proganda" and not factual Red?
sheesh loiuse man.

Obama is a Muslim brotherhood Gay Baptist racist that hates AMERICA too i suppose.
or maybe the the CHINESE are behind it all!!!

CHINESE PROPAGANDA watch out for it Red.
they are our ENEMY therefore who knows.

Please man just give some proof for you fears and blanket dismissalls of information.
I'm not buying this RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA fearmongering. it's hotair.

Look I'm no Trump fan but this Russia stuff is BS. There are other things he's done that are bad. work those. I'll probably be with you. If their evidence for it.
Greenwald parrots a lot of the same sort of anti-american propaganda you see on RT.

Its not BS Mr. Wonder, I appreciate your skepticism, I really do, but you're gonna have to pick a side eventually.

Last edited by RedState; 01-17-2018 at 04:01 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2018, 04:39 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,048
Thanks: 10,465
Thanked 6,552 Times in 4,455 Posts
Default Re: Russian hackers: Cybersecurity firm warns of effort to penetrate Senate email sys

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Greenwald parrots a lot of the same sort of anti-american propaganda you see on RT.
Again you have to PROVE something is propaganda 1st for me Red.
Just saying RT said it, THEREFORE it's lying propaganda is in fact BS.
Just assuming it is is lazy and jingistic.

All news sources are propaganda to some degree. the US MSM overall has a pro-corporate and Pro-gov't slant. Some lean more left others hard right.
However nearly all bring at least some modicum of facts to the table.
Frankly from what i've seen of RT it's propaganda in the sense of what it leaves OUT negative about Russia, it's leadership, it's allies and history.

But I've been able to find other confirmation of the facts it's exposed (such a U.S. gov't docs) about nearly everything else i've come across. Or in fact heard it 1st from the original sources on U.S indy media, before they appeared on RT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Its not BS Mr. Wonder, I appreciate your skepticism, I really do, but you're gonna have to pick a side eventually.
I appreciate your patriotism, but I'd rather pick the TRUTH, rather than assume one side or the other is always lying or always on the side of the angels.
I'd like to hope others would too.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cybersecurity, effort, email, firm, hackers, penetrate, russian, senate, system, warns

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0