Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Elizabeth Warren claims she ‘believes in science’ to slam Trump — it instantly backfi at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Zenock When I was in school, humans were causing "Global Cooling" because all the pollutants in the ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2018, 12:02 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,260
Thanks: 11,097
Thanked 9,298 Times in 6,110 Posts
Default Re: Elizabeth Warren claims she ‘believes in science’ to slam Trump — it instantly ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenock View Post
When I was in school, humans were causing "Global Cooling" because all the pollutants in the air were blocking the suns rays causing things to cool down and if we didn't change our ways we were headed for another ice age.


Note: Please do not take this comment to mean I do not believe we should be good stewards by not polluting and trashing the only plant we have. I've personally seen some of the most rabid climate change activists I know toss garbage out their car window. Actions speak louder than words. If Al Gore wants people to change he should lead by example by lowering his OWN carbon footprint instead of trying to spend other peoples money on such measures. That goes for all of the other people out there screaming about climate change as well. When your carbon footprint is smaller than mine, we can have a discussion.
I have yet to see one Liberal give up anything made with petroleum products. Maybe some day someone will, and he or she will be the new messiah for the left.
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2018, 12:03 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,316 Times in 9,287 Posts
Default Re: Elizabeth Warren claims she ‘believes in science’ to slam Trump — it instantly ba

I've seen these types of articles pop up on both sides of the aisle.

Somebody says something and the article itself is nothing more than blindly repeating individual hecklers on twitter or facebook.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2018, 12:37 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,123
Thanks: 11,377
Thanked 15,723 Times in 8,438 Posts
Default Re: Elizabeth Warren claims she ‘believes in science’ to slam Trump — it instantly ba

This is about what she said, not about what others said.

I’m going to say something really crazy: I believe in science. Climate change is real and we have a moral obligation to protect this Earth for our children and grandchildren.
7:23 PM - Dec 28, 2017

In itself not remarkable nor untrue. However her formerly stated position of climate change is that it is caused by man. As for our children and grandchildren, her stance on the unborn is not favorable.

For her stance on those who survive to birth, she is very happy to burden them with high taxes and debt. Not to mention a socialist overpowering government which currently has proven defiance of real science when it comes to human gender.

Despite the extremely rare biological confusions, and mental predilections in conflict with actual plumbing which change nothing, there are only two. Scientific fact.

Gender identity is done via DNA, not political or social expediency. Scientific fact.

Warren's positions on these matters are in variance to real science. Fact.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE

Last edited by FrancSevin; 01-05-2018 at 12:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2018, 12:47 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,260
Thanks: 11,097
Thanked 9,298 Times in 6,110 Posts
Default Re: Elizabeth Warren claims she ‘believes in science’ to slam Trump — it instantly ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
This is about what she said, not about what others said.

I’m going to say something really crazy: I believe in science. Climate change is real and we have a moral obligation to protect this Earth for our children and grandchildren.
7:23 PM - Dec 28, 2017

In itself not remarkable nor untrue. However her formerly stated position of climate change is that it is caused by man. As for our children and grandchildren, her stance on the unborn is not favorable.

For her stance on those who survive to birth, she is very happy to burden them with high taxes and debt. Not to mention a socialist overpowering government which currently has proven defiance of real science when it comes to human gender.

Despite the extremely rare biological confusions, and mental predilections in conflict with actual plumbing which change nothing, there are only two. Scientific fact.

Gender identity is done via DNA, not political or social expediency. Scientific fact.

Warren's positions on these matters are in variance to real science. Fact.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2018, 01:01 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,316 Times in 9,287 Posts
Default Re: Elizabeth Warren claims she ‘believes in science’ to slam Trump — it instantly ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
This is about what she said, not about what others said.
Yes. She said something. I am not saying it is not newsworthy to talk about that.
HOW the article talks about that is my focus.
What specific content in a news article is newsworthy?

When an article lays out a clear and intelligent overview written by the journalist, to me that's newsworthy.
When an article just starts spewing out what Twitter or Facebook kneejerk reactions were thrown out, that is not newsworthy.

I can read Twitter and Facebook just like anybody can. For some "journalist" to put out individual kneejerk responses there like that, in and of itself, is newsworthy is just plain lazy IMO.
Can you imagine if somebody got paid to simply repeat what posters on this forum had said and claim that as current news?


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
I’m going to say something really crazy: I believe in science. Climate change is real and we have a moral obligation to protect this Earth for our children and grandchildren.
7:23 PM - Dec 28, 2017
In itself not remarkable nor untrue. However her formerly stated position of climate change is that it is caused by man. As for our children and grandchildren, her stance on the unborn is not favorable.
For her stance on those who survive to birth, she is very happy to burden them with high taxes and debt.
"her stance on the unborn" is not science.
"her stance on ... taxes and debt" is not science

That is why I see a lot of this as meaningless rabble without any real newsworth...


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Not to mention a socialist overpowering government which currently has proven defiance of real science when it comes to human gender.
Despite the extremely rare biological confusions, and mental predilections in conflict with actual plumbing which change nothing, there are only two. Scientific fact.
Can you quote me a scientific journal which establishes that as "fact"?


Gender identity is done via DNA, not political or social expediency. Scientific fact.[/quote]
No. It's really not.
You need to look at the actual definition of gender.

gender: the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Warren's positions on these matters are in variance to real science. Fact.
Can you document the "science" that backs what you say?
All this turns into is a bunch of people who have only a passing familiarity with science spouting out how they interpret science.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by foundit66; 01-05-2018 at 01:33 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2018, 04:27 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,123
Thanks: 11,377
Thanked 15,723 Times in 8,438 Posts
Default Re: Elizabeth Warren claims she ‘believes in science’ to slam Trump — it instantly ba

And then there is the peer reviewed expert point of view
Al Gore‏
Verified account

@algore
Follow
Follow @algore

More
It’s bitter cold in parts of the US, but climate scientist Dr. Michael Mann explains that’s exactly what we should expect from the climate crisis. http://ow.ly/Gdm230hAFv4
2:50 PM - 4 Jan 2018


https://twitter.com/algore/status/94...bal-warming%2F
(Dr. Mann is known for his creation of the now discredited hockey stick graph)

Yep...;
Believe in Real Science
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE

Last edited by FrancSevin; 01-05-2018 at 04:33 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2018, 02:09 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 88,679
Thanks: 57,320
Thanked 26,941 Times in 19,376 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Elizabeth Warren claims she ‘believes in science’ to slam Trump — it instantly ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
...
It’s bitter cold in parts of the US, but climate scientist Dr. Michael Mann explains that’s exactly what we should expect from the climate crisis. http://ow.ly/Gdm230hAFv4
2:50 PM - 4 Jan 2018[/B]

...

Yep...;
Believe in Real Science
we have 5% more moisture uptake in just the last 20 years. In the winter that often equals heavy snowfall.
btw have you heard the ocean is losing oxygen?
yeah science.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2018, 02:16 PM
CindyB's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,789
Thanks: 10,700
Thanked 5,999 Times in 3,695 Posts
Default Re: Elizabeth Warren claims she ‘believes in science’ to slam Trump — it instantly ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
"It's hilarious because we also don't believe in other things! Gotcha injun lady!" - Why climate change isn't real, apparently.

Also The Blaze continues it's cementing itself as dumb right'wing clickbait, sad.
Don't blame The Blaze for Pocahontas' stupidity, they just make her moronic
remarks known.
__________________

“LET’S GO BRANDON”
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2018, 06:16 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 88,679
Thanks: 57,320
Thanked 26,941 Times in 19,376 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Elizabeth Warren claims she ‘believes in science’ to slam Trump — it instantly ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
How do we know that?

What small islands are underwater due to human action?


Mega volcano's? Do a little research. Yellowstone may go boom any day. There are others. Some recent ones have blacked out the sun for years.
go to california where all the cars are and try to breath
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2018, 06:51 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,558
Thanks: 14,025
Thanked 10,340 Times in 5,894 Posts
Default Re: Elizabeth Warren claims she ‘believes in science’ to slam Trump — it instantly ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
go to california where all the cars are and try to breath
I have not heard that everyone in Kalifornia has died from asphyxiation due to to lack of oxygen in the air with all of the smog. (Maybe that's what happened to Mikey). If you have information to the contrary, please share with us.

But what does that have to due with the subject of Climate Change? Is it climate change causing the air to be polluted? We know it is polluted due to the large population of people trying to occupy that space. What's your point?
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
backfi, claims, elizabeth, instantly, science’, she, slam, trump, warren, ‘believes

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0