Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Putin Ordered Theft of Clinton's Emails from DNC, Russian Hacker Confesses at the General Forum; Maybe there is room in the embassy for you to move in with him. Ecuador is nice this time of ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51 (permalink)  
Old 12-14-2017, 08:49 PM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,299
Thanks: 2,822
Thanked 3,069 Times in 2,400 Posts
Default Re: Putin Ordered Theft of Clinton's Emails from DNC, Russian Hacker Confesses

Maybe there is room in the embassy for you to move in with him. Ecuador is nice this time of year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post
You know what's sad, that I believe Julian Assange over the FBI, CIA and any other government agency, that's what's really sad IMO.
__________________
"I am the chosen one."

-Donald
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Surly For This Useful Post:
  #52 (permalink)  
Old 12-14-2017, 09:01 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,127
Thanks: 55,374
Thanked 26,240 Times in 18,773 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Putin Ordered Theft of Clinton's Emails from DNC, Russian Hacker Confesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
I have seen no evidence of collusion between the Russians and the Trumps to adversely effect the election. What strikes me as very odd is the American agencies that investigated it states there is no doubt the Russians did interfere with our election. What bothers me is why doesn't Trump care? even a little bit. Despite the constant harsh criticism () of Putin he still constantly denies there was any Russian interference in our election. Why is that? Not to mention he doesn't much care about the millions of illegals that voted...but that is another thread. I guess. Maybe Trump just hates democracy.
and that's the crux of our problem

and add to that why do anarchist hacks send out propaganda to take the eye off russia and put it on infighting...
oh wait that's their job mah bad
__________________
Trumpís only true skill is the con...~Serwer|The Atlantic
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)  
Old 12-14-2017, 09:06 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,127
Thanks: 55,374
Thanked 26,240 Times in 18,773 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Putin Ordered Theft of Clinton's Emails from DNC, Russian Hacker Confesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat View Post
Where is the evidence?
Where is the proof?
If you have any, the DHS, FBI and CIA would love to have it, because they have none and haven't shown or proved any election hacking yet.
At best they "meddling", which has been going on by both sides for as long as you and I have been alive.

I challenge you to show me a single instance where the DHS, FBI or CIA clearly states "Russia hacked the US presidential election".
Not "may have", not "could have", not "might have", but a definitive statement that they have done so.
Good luck finding that.
https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf
__________________
Trumpís only true skill is the con...~Serwer|The Atlantic
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old 12-15-2017, 06:35 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,643
Thanks: 6,824
Thanked 4,585 Times in 2,613 Posts
Default Re: Putin Ordered Theft of Clinton's Emails from DNC, Russian Hacker Confesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Thanks for the link. However, could you point to the place in that document where it says that Russia "hacked" the election?

The problem here is that I believe that you are using the term "hacked" to substitute for "influenced". If you say that Russia worked to "influence" the 2016 Presidential election, I would agree with you. They have been doing this for years. So has our news media. They influence every election when they post stories in regards to the candidates or their policy proposals.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #55 (permalink)  
Old 12-15-2017, 07:48 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,686
Thanks: 11,016
Thanked 11,639 Times in 6,929 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Putin Ordered Theft of Clinton's Emails from DNC, Russian Hacker Confesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Same question for the claim that Obama wire-tapped Trump...
Some of Trump's followers seem to have ADHD. As long as Trump keeps changing his claims often enough, they follow blindly without even recognizing his lies or failure to validate his claims.



Your reply is a meaningless non-sequitur.
Trump hates Clinton. Period. There are many ways this is documented rather than some anonymous internet poster just making crap up...

Just because you think Putin wants to "stir chaos" doesn't mean squat.
Quite frankly, you need to open your eyes and think about your claim above and recognize what the world's reaction has been to Trump's actions.
Trump's election has de-legitimized the U.S. as a "leader of the free world".



Exactly!



You just make up all sorts of crap without any recognition of how it fits into reality, dontcha...
Our government corrupt?
BOTH SIDES ALREADY talk about that.
How do you think that magically gives Trump a capability to "manipulate" our government?
Truthful answer: It doesn't.



As I've told you a thousand times, I'm not engaging with your thread derailment attempts.
Go dig up a "Clinton campaign" thread and whine about that there.



Dear gawd...
You live in your own little bubble...
World leaders conclude: Trump is a liability, not a leader - CNN
9 charts on how the world sees President Trump | Pew Research Center
It is obvious you cannot rebutt my assertions when you edit my comments, distort what is left, then try to act as a pompous, self righteous censor.

There is no denying the Russians have been trying to undermine public confidence in elections in Western democratic countries for decades but you avoid that fact. There is nothing in my comment remotely suggesting the Russians had a goal of equipping Trump with an enhanced ability to manipulate the US government or people, you just make stuff up doncha? Yep.

The hacking of RNC servers failed to produce the damaging information like the DNC hacks did so as a substitute they found a willing partner in Hillary's campaign who even paid for the disinformation in the so-called dossier.

But to the reductive mindset of the Trump hater any information outside of the false declaration the Russians obtained damaging information on Trump from hacking but didn't use it is derailing the thread. I'll not adopt the practice of simple declaration with no amplification you favor just because anything else offends the primitive sensibilities of resistance zealots.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #56 (permalink)  
Old 12-15-2017, 09:11 AM
zoriolus's Avatar
Banjo qd
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,104
Thanks: 3,032
Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,540 Posts
Default Re: Putin Ordered Theft of Clinton's Emails from DNC, Russian Hacker Confesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
Thanks for the link. However, could you point to the place in that document where it says that Russia "hacked" the election?

The problem here is that I believe that you are using the term "hacked" to substitute for "influenced". If you say that Russia worked to "influence" the 2016 Presidential election, I would agree with you. They have been doing this for years. So has our news media. They influence every election when they post stories in regards to the candidates or their policy proposals.
This seems to be the case. Some truth + much distortion + conflation, then repeat 24 x 7 x 365. What does "hacked elections" even mean? The Russians and others try to exert influence here through TV (RT), internet, and political lobbying. Putin's opinion articles have appeared in the New York Times so assessments of motives are easy to come by. Listen to what he says while looking at a map.
Reply With Quote
  #57 (permalink)  
Old 12-15-2017, 10:53 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,888
Thanks: 5,176
Thanked 5,748 Times in 3,942 Posts
Default Re: Putin Ordered Theft of Clinton's Emails from DNC, Russian Hacker Confesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post
We know from the success his foreign trips have been.
China's leader loves Trump, Israel's leader loves Trump, France's leader loves Trump.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/06/a-da...terms-yet.html
There's a link for ya slick.

Your liberal fake news media wouldn't print what's below
This is another reason that our stock market is going through the roof, and our economy is finally getting stronger. Both are probably bad for Democrats, and they will do everything they can to make it stop.
Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)  
Old 12-15-2017, 11:10 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,888
Thanks: 5,176
Thanked 5,748 Times in 3,942 Posts
Default Re: Putin Ordered Theft of Clinton's Emails from DNC, Russian Hacker Confesses

[QUOTE=foundit66;922229]

Trump's election has de-legitimized the U.S. as a "leader of the free world".



Why do you think this? We said that about Obama.

Trump's trips have been successful, you can tell by the fact that the MSM has not been talking about it.
Reply With Quote
  #59 (permalink)  
Old 12-15-2017, 11:11 AM
lurch907's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alaska, the greatest place on earth.
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,814
Thanks: 1,050
Thanked 3,328 Times in 1,860 Posts
Default Re: Putin Ordered Theft of Clinton's Emails from DNC, Russian Hacker Confesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
I am going to assume the above is rhetorical.
I am really hoping I don't have to draw the simple lines which explain Russia going after Hillary's election had motivation in Putin's hatred for Hillary...
You said "Trump hates Clinton", Ok, so what does that have to do with Putin's motives? Now its "Putin hates Hillary", make up your mind. Although, I'm not sure why the hell Putin would hate Hillary considering everything she's done for him/Russia.

Quote:
"just an opinion" => no evidence to support the distraction.
On the flip side, the evidence documenting Putin's hatred for Clinton is there...
What? Do you seriously need me to post evidence that Putin hates America? You can't possibly be that blind.

Quote:
One of the things your flimsy "opinion" doesn't explain is WHY NOW?
We just had the 2016 election with significant Russian hacking and leaking. The election with Hillary, who Putin hates.
If Russia has the simple motivation as you claim, why didn't they hack the 2012 election?
Why not 2008?
The obvious answer is because Hillary was not the DNC candidate until the 2016 election...
Seriously? You don't think the Russians tried to influence previous elections? Maybe you are blind. Perhaps you should look into b.o.'s hot mike conversation with Medvedev (Putin's stooge) and the subsequent Romney bashing by the Russians. Give us all a break, you can't possibly be so obtuse as to believe 2016 was a first for the Russians. Why wouldn't they try to meddle in our elections, we've certainly done it to them.

Quote:
I'm amused at how people who have no evidence for their claim will try to say "opinion" for both the statement without evidence and the statement with evidence.
For most people, I don't have to post evidence of the completely obvious. If I claim "water is wet" will you need evidence?
Reply With Quote
  #60 (permalink)  
Old 12-15-2017, 11:19 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,888
Thanks: 5,176
Thanked 5,748 Times in 3,942 Posts
Default Re: Putin Ordered Theft of Clinton's Emails from DNC, Russian Hacker Confesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch907 View Post



For most people, I don't have to post evidence of the completely obvious. If I claim "water is wet" will you need evidence?


Good one. The answer is, yes he will, Surly also.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
clinton, confesses, dnc, emails, from, hacker, ordered, putin, russian, theft

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0