Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   News & Current Events (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/news-current-events/)
-   -   Daylight saving time ends Sunday: 6 things to know about “falling back” (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/news-current-events/53370-daylight-saving-time-ends-sunday-6-things-know-about-falling-back.html)

saltwn 11-03-2017 02:04 PM

Daylight saving time ends Sunday: 6 things to know about “falling back”
 
Quote:

On Sunday, at 2 am, clocks will turn back one hour, heralding the end of daylight saving time for much of the country. The change will shift daylight back into the morning hours. For 9-to-5 office workers, it means saying goodbye to leaving work while it’s still light out. And for weekend workers, it will mean an additional glorious hour of sleep this Sunday.
https://www.vox.com/2017/11/3/165985...y-falling-back

The article goes on to answer:

1) Why do we need to “save” daylight hours in the summer?

2) Isn’t it “daylight savings time” not “daylight saving time”?

3) Does it actually lead to energy savings?

4) What would happen if daylight saving time were abolished? Or if it were extended forever?

5) Is daylight saving time dangerous?

6) How can we abolish daylight saving time, or extend it all year round? :wave

FrancSevin 11-03-2017 02:55 PM

Re: Daylight saving time ends Sunday: 6 things to know about “falling back”
 
:wow
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 915530)
https://www.vox.com/2017/11/3/165985...y-falling-back

The article goes on to answer:

1) Why do we need to “save” daylight hours in the summer?

2) Isn’t it “daylight savings time” not “daylight saving time”?

3) Does it actually lead to energy savings?

4) What would happen if daylight saving time were abolished? Or if it were extended forever?

5) Is daylight saving time dangerous?

6) How can we abolish daylight saving time, or extend it all year round? :wave

We go through this every year. DST does NOTHING!!!!

It does force us to lose an hour of sleep every spring which we all take as a "BONUS" come fall. It's no different than having the government take your taxes out of the paycheck every week and then making you wait until spring the following year to get back your own money as some sort of a "BONUS"

It is an artificial "perk" for the middle class who has no idea how they are being manipulated and cheated.

to Wit,,,;
Every spring we all give up an hour to the DST...Ever wonder where do all those hours go? I'm betting there is a humongous, nondescript metal building in Nevada where they ae stored by the government, who holds them all summer long. I have no idea WHAT they do with them.

What I do know is that, come fall, they give them back to all who have survived the summer.

What happens to the hours belonging to those off us who, sadly, have passed this world before they got those precious hours back?

NO ONE KNOWS:drama

I believe the government sells them on the open market next to the booths selling Carbon Credits. Call me Batsh!t crazy but, when it comes to the logic of DST, it is the only scenario that makes any sense.

GottaGo 11-03-2017 03:26 PM

Re: Daylight saving time ends Sunday: 6 things to know about “falling back”
 
There was that meme running around FB, with a Native American saying "Only the government could cut a foot of a blanket, sew it on the other end, and thinks they have a longer blanket' :rolls

That about covers it. Pick one, either one, and leave it alone!

Lollie 11-03-2017 10:37 PM

Re: Daylight saving time ends Sunday: 6 things to know about “falling back”
 
I never notice anything different. lol

saltwn 11-03-2017 10:39 PM

Re: Daylight saving time ends Sunday: 6 things to know about “falling back”
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lollie (Post 915623)
I never notice anything different. lol

except your pay?
I remember we were short one hour one day per year then had an extra hour 6 months later.

Lollie 11-03-2017 10:40 PM

Re: Daylight saving time ends Sunday: 6 things to know about “falling back”
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 915624)
except your pay?
I remember we were short one hour one day per year then had an extra hour 6 months later.

No, not even that.
As long as my paycheck reflects $19.80 per hr for full time pay, I am happy.

saltwn 11-03-2017 11:34 PM

Re: Daylight saving time ends Sunday: 6 things to know about “falling back”
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lollie (Post 915625)
No, not even that.
As long as my paycheck reflects $19.80 per hr for full time pay, I am happy.

maybe because I worked nights :unsure
but yeah our hours were 7 and 6 months later 8. because that is what we actually worked.

Lollie 11-04-2017 08:02 AM

Re: Daylight saving time ends Sunday: 6 things to know about “falling back”
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 915645)
maybe because I worked nights :unsure
but yeah our hours were 7 and 6 months later 8. because that is what we actually worked.

yes.

waltky 11-04-2017 07:29 PM

Re: Daylight saving time ends Sunday: 6 things to know about “falling back”
 
Granny says if dey'd move it a half our...

... one way or t'other...

... an' den leave it...

... we wouldn't have to be goin'...

... through all dis crap.
:thumbsup

saltwn 11-04-2017 10:02 PM

Re: Daylight saving time ends Sunday: 6 things to know about “falling back”
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by waltky (Post 915742)
Granny says if dey'd move it a half our...

... one way or t'other...

... an' den leave it...

... we wouldn't have to be goin'...

... through all dis crap.
:thumbsup

granny may have a point. however I just roll with the flow and don't get bent for no good reason.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0