Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Fake black activist accounts linked to Russian government at the General Forum; Originally Posted by foundit66 That's YOUR narrative. And by "YOUR", I mean what YOU are choosing to focus on. YOUR ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2017, 08:43 PM
Jeerleader's Avatar
Counselor
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Upper Bucks County, PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 913
Thanks: 796
Thanked 1,225 Times in 575 Posts
Default Re: Fake black activist accounts linked to Russian government

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
That's YOUR narrative. And by "YOUR", I mean what YOU are choosing to focus on.
YOUR focus.
No. My momentary, fleeting attention while I'm composing a post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
At this stage, it's like a Freudian slip of the right.
"A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother Trump"
What are you talking about? Is your entire existence comprised of imaginary goblins and voodoo spells?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Essentially what you're saying is you're not outraged because you want it to be fake.
Want? No, I would prefer straight news but after decades of suffering the big three and the print press propagandizing for the left, Russian fake news is like another rainy day . . . Ya just put on your rubbers and continue on with your life.

You're the one that wants / needs the fake news to be consequential and decisive; you're the one driving yourself nuts because the right is apathetic.

Don't you get tired of telling everybody how to feel and what to think?


Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
[So, let's talk specifics then.
@TEN_GOP
Do you think that was a real account held by the Tennessee Republican Party?
Do you think it was faked that it belonged to somebody in Russia?
If it was as ridiculous as you claim where is the damage? Sorry, I guess you don't realize just how ridiculous what many of you present as straight news appears to "the right".

The left sucks up stylized news where sarcasm and mocking and misrepresentation are used to convey "information". It started with John Stewart and continues with a dozen snarky children like Retchall Maddow today. Buzzfeed is the epitome of stylized on-line liberal news, ThinkProgress and OccupyDemocrats are even worse.

I mentioned in another thread I'm a 36 year member of a building trades union and I have nearly 100 social media friends in the union from a wide range of the political spectrum. My 75 liberal union friends post a constant stream of anti-Trump stories from sites like OccupyDemocrats and UnionThugs and they think it is gospel.

I realize I'm just spouting anecdotal crap but between my dozens of liberal family members and my union brothers and sisters, I see the leftie fake news they consume and share as their position on political policy.

If I challenge them all I get is silence. It is a rare day indeed if one defends their post.
__________________
Allowing an illegal border crosser to stay in the US with amnesty and start the legal immigration process
is like allowing a bank robber to go free and keep the money as long as he fills out a loan application.
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2017, 08:52 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,596
Thanks: 10,099
Thanked 15,269 Times in 9,258 Posts
Default Re: Fake black activist accounts linked to Russian government

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeerleader View Post
No. My momentary, fleeting attention while I'm composing a post.
Meaningless non-sequitur.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeerleader View Post
What are you talking about? Is your entire existence comprised of imaginary goblins and voodoo spells?
Another meaningless non-sequitur.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeerleader View Post
Want? No, I would prefer straight news but after decades of suffering the big three and the print press propagandizing for the left, Russian fake news is like another rainy day . . . Ya just put on your rubbers and continue on with your life.
So because you are jaded, you disbelieve.
Have you any evidence this is fake?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeerleader View Post
You're the one that wants / needs the fake news to be consequential and decisive; you're the one driving yourself nuts because the right is apathetic.
I find it hilarious how you claim I supposedly "want / need" something...
... but the truth is I am trying to get you to actually look at the actual situation without fixating on the Trump angle.

For something I supposedly want / need, the fact that I am trying to get you to stop talking about it disproves your claim.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeerleader View Post
Don't you get tired of telling everybody how to feel and what to think?
You're the one who came onto a thread which had nothing to do with the Trump election and you are trying to make it about the Trump election.
Ergo, you should look in the mirror while asking that...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeerleader View Post
If it was as ridiculous as you claim where is the damage? Sorry, I guess you don't realize just how ridiculous what many of you present as straight news appears to "the right".
Another meaningless non-sequitur. "Damage" is not something I'm interested in documenting as what Russia is doing is wrong in and of itself regardless of damages.

And your response completely side-steps the questions raised.
YOU CLAIM this is fake.
So actually pony up to the situation and stop repeating mindless propaganda. Details were provided.
@TEN_GOP
Do you think that was a real account held by the Tennessee Republican Party?
Do you think it was faked that it belonged to somebody in Russia?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeerleader View Post
The left sucks up ...
Again, another meaningless non-sequitur rant.
There are NUMEROUS other news sites reporting this story besides just BuzzFeed. "fake news" is just your excuse to deny reality.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by foundit66; 10-20-2017 at 03:33 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
accounts, activist, black, fake, government, linked, russian

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0