Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Fake black activist accounts linked to Russian government at the General Forum; Originally Posted by foundit66 Out of curiosity GottaGo, are you going to talk to the people in this thread about ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2017, 11:27 AM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,218
Thanks: 822
Thanked 1,588 Times in 1,078 Posts
Default Re: Fake black activist accounts linked to Russian government

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Out of curiosity GottaGo, are you going to talk to the people in this thread about their reaction?
Cause they are the ones who are answering your question...
Believe it or not, your boogyman "the right" is no more some monolithic unified entity who are all connected somehow than "the left". So why would GottaGo need to do that, when YOU'RE the one who asked if people on their right will be disgusted? Ergo, it's on you.
Or did you just post that to try and stir sh!t up among "the right" here, and just don't have the courage to reply to GottaGo?
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Shoe For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2017, 11:50 AM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 12,696
Thanks: 10,558
Thanked 8,792 Times in 5,527 Posts
Default Re: Fake black activist accounts linked to Russian government

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Believe it or not, your boogyman "the right" is no more some monolithic unified entity who are all connected somehow than "the left". So why would GottaGo need to do that, when YOU'RE the one who asked if people on their right will be disgusted? Ergo, it's on you.
Or did you just post that to try and stir sh!t up among "the right" here, and just don't have the courage to reply to GottaGo?
Several on this thread said no, they wouldn't be disgusted, which is correct. You also brought up a correct point that not all 'right' see things in one absolute way, which is what the left likes to portray. Well, in honesty, the right does the same to the left also, and both sides drive me nuts with that.

You'll note that F66 does not like having questions thrown back at him, he does a beautiful two-step around them.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2017, 01:20 PM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,218
Thanks: 822
Thanked 1,588 Times in 1,078 Posts
Default Re: Fake black activist accounts linked to Russian government

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
Well, in honesty, the right does the same to the left also, and both sides drive me nuts with that.
I think there's an argument to be made for both: that one should be disgusted and on the other hand, it shouldn't even be unexpected. Would I rather NOT have Russia have tried to pull the junk they did? Certainly. Do I think it's the end of U.S. democracy as we know it and/or that the sky is falling as a result, that our system can't be trusted, that "Russia hacked the election", etc? A lot of this "outrage" is people who just don't like the fact Trump won and are mad about it. So no. One way that one can often tell who is truly being objective about it and who isn't is by noting whether they're playing it up, g to make it out to be a worse thing than it really is, or using it as an excuse to berate others for not being outraged enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
You'll note that F66 does not like having questions thrown back at him, he does a beautiful two-step around them.
His antics are well known to most here, believe me.
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???

Last edited by Joe Shoe; 10-13-2017 at 01:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2017, 08:20 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,608
Thanks: 10,108
Thanked 15,284 Times in 9,267 Posts
Post Re: Fake black activist accounts linked to Russian government

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Believe it or not, your boogyman "the right" is no more some monolithic unified entity who are all connected somehow than "the left". So why would GottaGo need to do that, when YOU'RE the one who asked if people on their right will be disgusted?
You're not recognizing the context of my post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
Why wouldn't they be?
RIGHT-WINGERS ON THIS THREAD HAVE SHOWN THAT THEY ARE NOT DISGUSTED BY IT.

Ergo, rather than me talk about their opinion for why they aren't, I pose that GottaGo should take it up with them directly.
Why should a person ask a left-winger for a right-wingers' justifications when the right-winger who has that opinion is right there...

Why shouldn't they speak for themselves?
Unless the purpose of the question has nothing to do with the actual right-wingers' justifications. And I've exposed that mindset in the past.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo
Several on this thread said no, they wouldn't be disgusted, which is correct.
So, why aren't you posing that question to them?
Probably because you don't really want to know....


Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo
You also brought up a correct point that not all 'right' see things in one absolute way, which is what the left likes to portray. Well, in honesty, the right does the same to the left also, and both sides drive me nuts with that.
And what's amusing is Joe Shoe himself does that frequently as well...


Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo
You'll note that F66 does not like having questions thrown back at him, he does a beautiful two-step around them.

Just because I didn't get back to the thread for a while doesn't mean what you assess.
And WHEN THE QUESTION IS RELEVANT, I address it.

Your problem is I DID ANSWER your previous questions, but not in the meaningless way you demanded.
And you still can't grasp why it's not wrong to answer a question of "what does a person / people think" by actually quoting the person / people involved.

And regarding your meaningless assignations pertaining to my addressing the last question on this thread. In last posting history, I posted (in chronological order):
* Post #10 on this thread on 10/10.
* One other post in another thread on 10/13
* Then I posted post #14 in this thread
So this pretense that I was avoiding the question is stupid. I just haven't posted in a while...
Of course, neither of you is going to have the honesty to admit that.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by foundit66; 10-16-2017 at 01:25 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2017, 10:50 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,919 Times in 13,934 Posts
Default Re: Fake black activist accounts linked to Russian government

But you accepted it when Netenyahu did it to Obama. I think you protest in a way that is too partisan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
I find this underhanded...

But no one in the media will see if any other countries have done the same...They focus on Russia and pretend no other outsiders had any influence and/or made attempts...

I also find this MUCH more disgusting, but this is perfectly allowable...
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2017, 11:11 AM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,608
Thanks: 10,108
Thanked 15,284 Times in 9,267 Posts
Post Re: Fake black activist accounts linked to Russian government

My bad.
Absolutely nothing wrong with what's described in this thread...
Including the below


https://www.buzzfeed.com/kevincollie...ke-account-run
Quote:
Twitter took 11 months to close a Russian troll account that claimed to speak for the Tennessee Republican Party even after that state's real GOP notified the social media company that the account was a fake.

The account, @TEN_GOP, was enormously popular, amassing at least 136,000 followers between its creation in November 2015 and when Twitter shut it down in August, according to a snapshot of the account captured by the Internet Archive just before the account was "permanently suspended."

Some of its tweets were deliberately outrageous, the archive shows, such as one in December 2016 that claimed that unarmed black men killed by police officers deserved their fate. It also trafficked in deliberate fake news, claiming just before it was shut down that a photo of the Cleveland Cavaliers’ NBA championship parade was actually a crowd waiting to hear Donald Trump speak.

Twitter, already under fire, along with Facebook, for being slow to recognize its role in Russian election meddling, declined to comment. A spokesperson told BuzzFeed News that the company does not comment on individual accounts.

@TEN_GOP gained enough support from the far right that when it was finally shut down, commentators like Reddit’s pro-Trump r/the_donald forum expressed outrage. Jack Posobiec, a pro-Trump internet activist who himself has more than 213,000 Twitter followers, questioned the action when Twitter temporarily suspended the account in July.

The thing that disgusts me about the right-wing indifference to this is that many on the right continually try to blame "the left" for the divide in this country.
So when RUSSIA is shown to be actively increasing that divide, they say "meh" because it's not politically convenient for them to acknowledge Russia's actions.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2017, 05:19 PM
Jeerleader's Avatar
Counselor
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Upper Bucks County, PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 922
Thanks: 827
Thanked 1,249 Times in 583 Posts
Default Re: Fake black activist accounts linked to Russian government

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
The thing that disgusts me about the right-wing indifference to this is that many on the right continually try to blame "the left" for the divide in this country.
So when RUSSIA is shown to be actively increasing that divide, they say "meh" because it's not politically convenient for them to acknowledge Russia's actions.
Here's a straight up easy question, just give me your best guess / estimate:

By what percentage would the Trump vote be diminished if no Russian fake news happened?
__________________
Allowing an illegal border crosser to stay in the US with amnesty and start the legal immigration process
is like allowing a bank robber to go free and keep the money as long as he fills out a loan application.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2017, 05:22 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,608
Thanks: 10,108
Thanked 15,284 Times in 9,267 Posts
Post Re: Fake black activist accounts linked to Russian government

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeerleader View Post
Here's a straight up easy question, just give me your best guess / estimate:
By what percentage would the Trump vote be diminished if no Russian fake news happened?
Can you get this through your head that my focus is not about Trump votes?


This is the problem with the right, right now.
They lack a moral center to recognize right from wrong.
Instead, they fixate on how the view-point affects them politically. So it continually keeps being dragged to their boy Trump.
Since there is no political gain from admitting Russia did wrong, they refuse to do so.
Since some recognize a potential positional problem with admitting the situation, that's all they can think about.

From the start, I was saying it was wrong when the example was a fake "black lives matter" approach.
It's still wrong when it's a "appeal to the bigots on the far right" approach.
But for those on the right, all they can think about on this is "Trump".
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2017, 06:18 PM
Jeerleader's Avatar
Counselor
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Upper Bucks County, PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 922
Thanks: 827
Thanked 1,249 Times in 583 Posts
Default Re: Fake black activist accounts linked to Russian government

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Can you get this through your head that my focus is not about Trump votes?
I'm glad you have compartmentalized this issue so effectively in your own head but the narrative is that Hillary's victory was stolen because of Russian fake news.

The reason I am not outraged is like I said before, I expect that there will be deceptive and misleading and outright false "news". It has been steadily fed to America from the hostile leftist domestic press; that hostile foreign actors have joined in isn't any reason to get the vapors.

I can tell you, the lack of concern for this among "the right" is because they know their vote against Hillary was never up for grabs; as soon as she stole the nomination, "the right's" (and disgusted BernieBots) vote against her was set in stone.

Right leaning people look at the left's histrionics over Russian fake news with amusement; we are ignoring this fake leftist outrage about Russian fake news just like the real Russian fake news.

.
__________________
Allowing an illegal border crosser to stay in the US with amnesty and start the legal immigration process
is like allowing a bank robber to go free and keep the money as long as he fills out a loan application.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2017, 07:07 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,608
Thanks: 10,108
Thanked 15,284 Times in 9,267 Posts
Post Re: Fake black activist accounts linked to Russian government

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeerleader View Post
I'm glad you have compartmentalized this issue so effectively in your own head but the narrative is that Hillary's victory was stolen because of Russian fake news.
That's YOUR narrative. And by "YOUR", I mean what YOU are choosing to focus on.
YOUR focus.

At this stage, it's like a Freudian slip of the right.
"A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother Trump"


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeerleader View Post
The reason I am not outraged is like I said before, I expect that there will be deceptive and misleading and outright false "news". It has been steadily fed to America from the hostile leftist domestic press; that hostile foreign actors have joined in isn't any reason to get the vapors.
Essentially what you're saying is you're not outraged because you want it to be fake.

So, let's talk specifics then.
@TEN_GOP
Do you think that was a real account held by the Tennessee Republican Party?
Do you think it was faked that it belonged to somebody in Russia?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeerleader View Post
I can tell you, the lack of concern for this among "the right" is because they know their vote against Hillary was never up for grabs; as soon as she stole the nomination, "the right's" (and disgusted BernieBots) vote against her was set in stone.
Right leaning people look at the left's histrionics over Russian fake news with amusement; we are ignoring this fake leftist outrage about Russian fake news just like the real Russian fake news.
Like I stated earlier...
Since there is no political gain from admitting Russia did wrong, they refuse to do so.
Since some recognize a potential positional problem with admitting the situation, that's all they can think about.


You are proving my assessment accurate.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by foundit66; 10-19-2017 at 07:21 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
accounts, activist, black, fake, government, linked, russian

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0