Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Las Vegas strip shooting: More than 20 dead, 100 injured after gunman opens fire near at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Mikeyy Machine guns made prior to the cutoff date in 1986 remain legal but highly expensive And ...

Reply
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2017, 11:26 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,394
Thanks: 1,848
Thanked 1,149 Times in 655 Posts
Default re: Las Vegas strip shooting: More than 20 dead, 100 injured after gunman opens fire near

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Machine guns made prior to the cutoff date in 1986 remain legal but highly expensive
And very tough to obtain. What is your point?
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Reply With Quote
  #102 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2017, 11:27 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,881
Thanks: 184
Thanked 5,359 Times in 3,889 Posts
Default re: Las Vegas strip shooting: More than 20 dead, 100 injured after gunman opens fire near

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
Mass murderers using firearms expect to die. The death penalty is not a deterrent.
I am not one of those people who have an obsession with preventing or trying to prevent all bad things. The death penalty will indeed deter the psycho from his next killing. Therefore, I am not concerned with deterrents to crimes. I want only a reckoning for the victims, who cannot speak for themselves.
Reply With Quote
  #103 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2017, 11:57 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,900
Thanks: 2,505
Thanked 3,642 Times in 2,605 Posts
Default re: Las Vegas strip shooting: More than 20 dead, 100 injured after gunman opens fire near

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo;910476[B
]I don't think he said that.[/B] If he did he was incorrect. Always is a big word.

The first mass murder, using the contemporary definition of the term, was the school bombing in the '20's. That perp was not young.
I was listening to him as he said it.
Reply With Quote
  #104 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2017, 12:05 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,900
Thanks: 2,505
Thanked 3,642 Times in 2,605 Posts
Default re: Las Vegas strip shooting: More than 20 dead, 100 injured after gunman opens fire near

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
And that is only one justification for the Amendment. It is not a prerequisite. You seem to want to ignore the actual mandate in the Amendment.

But let's play your game for a second. Can you define who the well regulated Militia is? And what did "well regulated" mean when those words were written? If you understood that, you wouldn't make such ridiculous claims.
A well regulated militia to me means, "The People"

The real reason for us to have all the guns we want, is to protect us in case we elect some crazy people. What if Obama or Trump had decided they would send henchmen door to door to take our possessions, "For the good of the country"?

The saying is true, without guns we are just subjects of the government.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #105 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2017, 12:24 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,881
Thanks: 184
Thanked 5,359 Times in 3,889 Posts
Default re: Las Vegas strip shooting: More than 20 dead, 100 injured after gunman opens fire near

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
The real reason for us to have all the guns we want, is to protect us in case we elect some crazy people. What if Obama or Trump had decided they would send henchmen door to door to take our possessions, "For the good of the country"?
No! No! No! Illiterates are going to throw it in your face that those same crazy people who take over the government are also somehow in control of some "well-regulated" militia that they can summon and activate so that those militia guys can quell any crazy uprising by the government, and bring about the security of a free State. Wha...I just saw it earlier with my own eyes!


Bottom line--only dumbasses believe the government lunatics that take complete control of a nation are also in charge of the "well-regulated" militia, which is necessary for the security of a free State.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manitou For This Useful Post:
  #106 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2017, 12:32 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,900
Thanks: 2,505
Thanked 3,642 Times in 2,605 Posts
Default re: Las Vegas strip shooting: More than 20 dead, 100 injured after gunman opens fire near

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
Interesting story, thank you. But Andrew Kehoe was a psychopath long before he bombed the school.

Always angry, OCD, Suicidal.

He watched his step mother burn to death, and even killed his own wife.

He also killed animals.

He did not do it for notoriety, he was always a horrible person and acted.
Reply With Quote
  #107 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2017, 12:49 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,280
Thanks: 7,820
Thanked 6,552 Times in 3,974 Posts
Default re: Las Vegas strip shooting: More than 20 dead, 100 injured after gunman opens fire near

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
I was listening to him as he said it.
I didn't see it. I have no way of determining what he said.

If he said always, he was incorrect.
Reply With Quote
  #108 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2017, 12:53 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,280
Thanks: 7,820
Thanked 6,552 Times in 3,974 Posts
Default re: Las Vegas strip shooting: More than 20 dead, 100 injured after gunman opens fire near

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
Interesting story, thank you. But Andrew Kehoe was a psychopath long before he bombed the school.

Always angry, OCD, Suicidal.

He watched his step mother burn to death, and even killed his own wife.

He also killed animals.

He did not do it for notoriety, he was always a horrible person and acted.
Back to my point. Always is a big word. Kehoe was not young.

Even if the claim was psychopath, not young, I would still question the always.
Reply With Quote
  #109 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2017, 12:54 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,394
Thanks: 1,848
Thanked 1,149 Times in 655 Posts
Default re: Las Vegas strip shooting: More than 20 dead, 100 injured after gunman opens fire near

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
A well regulated militia to me means, "The People"

The real reason for us to have all the guns we want, is to protect us in case we elect some crazy people. What if Obama or Trump had decided they would send henchmen door to door to take our possessions, "For the good of the country"?

The saying is true, without guns we are just subjects of the government.
In the vernacular of the time of the 2nd Amendment, "well regulated" meant to keep in good working order. It was not a mandate that the government "regulate" anything, just that the Militia was something that the citizens of the country were to keep and maintain as a deterrent to tyranny.

The Militia is commonly thought of as something akin to the National Guard. However, that is a fallacy. The Militia is ordinary citizens that would be called to arms should it be necessary to face an armed invasion or tyranny by the government.

Therefore, the stated purpose of the 2nd amendment was to ensure that the Militia's (the people's) right to keep and bear arms was necessary to ensure that the Militia was sufficiently armed to do its duty. In other words, that means that We the People, not just LEO or Military but ALL of the people, have an inalienable right to keep and bear arms.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #110 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2017, 01:01 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,280
Thanks: 7,820
Thanked 6,552 Times in 3,974 Posts
Default re: Las Vegas strip shooting: More than 20 dead, 100 injured after gunman opens fire near

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue;910508[B
]In the vernacular of the time of the 2nd Amendment, "well regulated" meant to keep in good working order.[/B] It was not a mandate that the government "regulate" anything, just that the Militia was something that the citizens of the country were to keep and maintain as a deterrent to tyranny.

The Militia is commonly thought of as something akin to the National Guard. However, that is a fallacy. The Militia is ordinary citizens that would be called to arms should it be necessary to face an armed invasion or tyranny by the government.

Therefore, the stated purpose of the 2nd amendment was to ensure that the Militia's (the people's) right to keep and bear arms was necessary to ensure that the Militia was sufficiently armed to do its duty. In other words, that means that We the People, not just LEO or Military but ALL of the people, have an inalienable right to keep and bear arms.
That's correct. Eli Terry's best clocks were known as regulators. Meaning they kept good time.

Your post is right on.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
100, after, coma, dead, fire, first, from, gunman, injured, las, more, near, opens, shooting, steps, strip, takes, than, vegas, victim, wakes

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/news-current-events/52969-las-vegas-strip-shooting-more-than-20-dead-100-injured-after-gunman-opens-fire-near.html
Posted By For Type Date
Las Vegas Strip Shooting - Political Wrinkles This thread Refback 10-03-2017 07:11 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0