Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Mccain : i cannot vote for latest gop health care plan at the General Forum; Originally Posted by pjohns McCain was elected to the House of Representatives in 1982; four years later, he was elected ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2017, 08:38 AM
Bat Bat is offline
Atlantis-American
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 767
Thanks: 28
Thanked 489 Times in 299 Posts
Default Re: Mccain : i cannot vote for latest gop health care plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
McCain was elected to the House of Representatives in 1982; four years later, he was elected to the Senate.

These were the Reagan years.

In other words, these were the years of a conservative GOP.

So I think it is fair to say that Sen. McCain left the GOP, ideologically...
I left the GOP also.
As people like McCain became more and more liberal I realized that the GOP was becoming "liberal light" instead of being true to conservatism.
I am now registered as unaffiliated because the GOP has become too liberal.
__________________
.. - # ... / .... .- .-. -.. / - --- / .-- .. -. / .- -. / .- .-. --. ..- -- . -. - / .-- .. - .... / .- / ... -- .- .-. - / .--. . .-. ... --- -. --..-- / -... ..- - / .. - # ... / -.. .- -- -. / -. . .- .-. / .. -- .--. --- ... ... .. -... .-.. . / - --- / .-- .. -. / .- -. / .- .-. --. ..- -- . -. - / .-- .. - .... / .- / ... - ..- .--. .. -.. / .--. . .-. ... --- -. / -. .- -- . -.. / -- .. -.- -.- . -.-- .-.-.-
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:
  #72 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2017, 12:27 PM
Mikeyy's Avatar
Enchanted One
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,368
Thanks: 22,383
Thanked 18,878 Times in 13,903 Posts
Default Re: Mccain : i cannot vote for latest gop health care plan

Actually there are no conservatives in the GOP. There are only right wing partisans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
McCain was elected to the House of Representatives in 1982; four years later, he was elected to the Senate.

These were the Reagan years.

In other words, these were the years of a conservative GOP.

So I think it is fair to say that Sen. McCain left the GOP, ideologically...
__________________
Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikeyy For This Useful Post:
  #73 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2017, 12:32 PM
Mikeyy's Avatar
Enchanted One
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,368
Thanks: 22,383
Thanked 18,878 Times in 13,903 Posts
Default Re: Mccain : i cannot vote for latest gop health care plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat View Post
So President Obama and congress implemented a broken program and your preferred fix is to give it to the same people that screwed it up to begin with?
My analogy is the exact opposite of what you claim it is.
The small issues with the ACA could have been addressed a long time ago. But the issue is that the new right simply wants to rip up anything associated with Obama. The right has no plan to deal with the costs of healthcare and really the only way to solve those costs is UHC. But the right screams socialism so we all pay more.
__________________
Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Reply With Quote
  #74 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2017, 12:34 PM
Mikeyy's Avatar
Enchanted One
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,368
Thanks: 22,383
Thanked 18,878 Times in 13,903 Posts
Default Re: Mccain : i cannot vote for latest gop health care plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat View Post
I left the GOP also.
As people like McCain became more and more liberal I realized that the GOP was becoming "liberal light" instead of being true to conservatism.
I am now registered as unaffiliated because the GOP has become too liberal.
The GOP isn't more liberal or conservative. They are simply more divisive and partisan.
__________________
Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cannot, care, for, gop, health, latest, mccain, plan, vote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0