Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   News & Current Events (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/news-current-events/)
-   -   European Court of Human Rights rules baby must be killed (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/news-current-events/52033-european-court-human-rights-rules-baby-must-killed.html)

CindyB 06-29-2017 04:50 PM

European Court of Human Rights rules baby must be killed
 
European Court of Human Rights rules baby must be killed, human rights my a$$

Charlie Gard parents lose European court appeal - BBC News

Quote:

Charlie Gard parents lose European court appeal


I'm so freaking glad we aren't in that evil EU and subject to their barbaric rules.

FrancSevin 06-29-2017 05:32 PM

Re: European Court of Human Rights rules baby must be killed
 
Despite sufficient funding for a USA intervention, the UK is taking this child from the parents insisting on a death sentence????
One more tid-bit of proof the Brits are subjects of the government and not truly free.

Remember this when comparing institutions and governments of our nation to any member of the UK.

cnredd 06-29-2017 05:32 PM

Re: European Court of Human Rights rules baby must be killed
 
Quote:

Charlie is thought to be one of 16 children in the world to have mitochondrial depletion syndrome, a condition which causes progressive muscle weakness and brain damage.

His parents had previously seen a Supreme Court challenge to continue Charlie's life support fail.

...European Court judges have now concluded it was most likely Charlie was "being exposed to continued pain, suffering and distress" and undergoing experimental treatment with "no prospects of success... would offer no benefit".

They said the application presented by the parents was "inadmissible" and said the court's decision was "final".

Charlie's parents, from Bedfont, west London, raised 1.3m on a crowdfunding site to pay for the experimental treatment in the US.
The next sentence might be one of the most disgusting sentences ever written...:mad

Quote:

In April a High Court judge ruled against the trip to America and said Charlie should be allowed to die with dignity.
Got that?...

NOT the doctor(s)...NOT the parents...A friggin "high court judge"...:mad :mad :mad

This is where the Liberals in the US want to be...EVEN THOUGH the parents can pay, the absurd logic is that the NEXT person might not be able to pay, and that would be considered "discriminatory", so NO ONE can pay...See?...Everyone suffers equally under the law!...:mad

FrancSevin 06-29-2017 05:37 PM

Re: European Court of Human Rights rules baby must be killed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cnredd (Post 896026)
The next sentence might be one of the most disgusting sentences ever written...:mad

Got that?...

NOT the doctor(s)...NOT the parents...A friggin "high court judge"...:mad :mad :mad

This is where the Liberals in the US want to be...EVEN THOUGH the parents can pay, the absurd logic is that the NEXT person might not be able to pay, and that would be considered "discriminatory", so NO ONE can pay...See?...Everyone suffers equally under the law!...:mad



When you do not control your healthcare, you do not control your "dignity."

CindyB 06-29-2017 05:40 PM

Re: European Court of Human Rights rules baby must be killed
 
This is so upsetting on so many levels.

The parents are just heart broken.
Look at the picture of them from the below link.
https://conservativedailypost.com/co...aign=29_June-1

Dog Man 06-29-2017 05:41 PM

Re: European Court of Human Rights rules baby must be killed
 
Is this Liberalism run amok?

FrancSevin 06-29-2017 05:48 PM

Re: European Court of Human Rights rules baby must be killed
 
I'm trying to fathom the reason for this "court" decision.

Either the Brits do not want to pay for these special needs, or they don't want defects of the DNA in the population, or for extreme efforts to save a life to become a common practice.

It's about money and what is best for the general majority. Not the right to life of the individual. By what logic, legal or humane, can the power of such a decision be limited to this one case?

If any one defective individual is expendable under the "Quality of life" metric, are not we all?

Dog Man 06-29-2017 06:01 PM

Re: European Court of Human Rights rules baby must be killed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrancSevin (Post 896033)
I'm trying to fathom the reason for this "court" decision.

Either the Brits do not want to pay for these special needs, or they don't want defects of the DNA in the population, or for extreme efforts to save a life to become a common practice.

It's about money and what is best for the general majority. Not the right to life of the individual. By what logic, legal or humane, can the power of such a decision be limited to this one case?

If any one defective individual is expendable under the "Quality of life" metric, are not we all?

Wasn't there a dude in Germany that thought along those line? Maybe that is who the left is trying to emulate. Or maybe, they thought the baby would grow up to be a Republican. I what political side the parents are on....hmmmm.

saltwn 06-29-2017 06:06 PM

Re: European Court of Human Rights rules baby must be killed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyB (Post 896019)
European Court of Human Rights rules baby must be killed, human rights my a$$

Charlie Gard parents lose European court appeal - BBC News



I'm so freaking glad we aren't in that evil EU and subject to their barbaric rules.

Quote:

Charlie is thought to be one of 16 children in the world to have mitochondrial depletion syndrome, a condition which causes progressive muscle weakness and brain damage.
Quote:

European Court judges have now concluded it was most likely Charlie was "being exposed to continued pain, suffering and distress" and undergoing experimental treatment with "no prospects of success... would offer no benefit".
Quote:

Chris Gard and Connie Yates lost their final legal bid to take their son to the US for treatment.
Quote:

Specialists at Great Ormond Street Hospital believe Charlie has no chance of survival.
Quote:

The court agreed, concluding that further treatment would "continue to cause Charlie significant harm".
I believe it's more merciful to allow him to die, but anything for the right to politicize. :thumbsup

Manitou 06-29-2017 06:06 PM

Re: European Court of Human Rights rules baby must be killed
 
I'm sure the queen will stop this nonsense!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0