Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Democratic official: I wish Steve Scalise was f–king dead at the General Forum; Originally Posted by cnredd Maybe we should create a new forum called "The Democrat Violent Rhetoric of the Day"... Democratic ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2017, 10:40 AM
BridgetRose's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TARDIS
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,411
Thanks: 1,815
Thanked 891 Times in 556 Posts
Default Re: Democratic official: I wish Steve Scalise was f–king dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
Maybe we should create a new forum called "The Democrat Violent Rhetoric of the Day"...

Democratic official: I wish Steve Scalise was f–king dead
Liberals are like Islam. They say they are tolerant and non violent and then do just the opposite.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BridgetRose For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2017, 10:56 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Re: Democratic official: I wish Steve Scalise was f–king dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetRose View Post
Liberals are like Islam. They say they are tolerant and non violent and then do just the opposite.
Did you read my post?
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2017, 11:06 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,429
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,841 Posts
Default Re: Democratic official: I wish Steve Scalise was f–king dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Jello View Post
You didn't vote for Trump because you're a hopeless lib and he's a Republican.

You'd vote for Kermit the Frog if he ran on the Democratic ticket.
Trump doesn't represent any traditional Republican values that I'm aware of.

I'd vote for Kermit the Frog over Donald Trump any day. Kermit the Frog knows more than Donald Trump and isn't suffering from a mental disorder that leaves him living in a delusional world.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShivaTD For This Useful Post:
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2017, 11:15 AM
WallyWager's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,016
Thanks: 1,582
Thanked 9,152 Times in 5,851 Posts
Default Re: Democratic official: I wish Steve Scalise was f–king dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Jello View Post
You didn't vote for Trump because you're a hopeless lib and he's a Republican.

You'd vote for Kermit the Frog if he ran on the Democratic ticket.
Wrong.

1. I do vote Republican. I voted for Snyder twice for I thought he was the better candidate in both elections.

2. I didn't vote for Trump because no matter how hard you want to deny the truth, he is a chronic liar, egoist, and an a--hole. He's a conman, and he conned you. Lies more brazenly and openly than any politician I've ever seen. If any Democratic candidate acted the way he did they would not get my vote.

3. You just tried to deflect from Trump making a death threat. You did vote for that, clearly your partisanship runs a lot deeper than mine.
__________________
"I've known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side." - Donald Trump, on pedophile Jeff Epstein.

Last edited by WallyWager; 06-24-2017 at 11:24 AM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WallyWager For This Useful Post:
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2017, 12:38 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,554
Thanks: 1,966
Thanked 13,206 Times in 8,268 Posts
Default Re: Democratic official: I wish Steve Scalise was f–king dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetRose View Post
Liberals are like Islam. They say they are tolerant and non violent and then do just the opposite.
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2017, 02:07 PM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,429
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,841 Posts
Default The Real Problem With The Political Divide

This discussion of Phil Montag, a technology chairman for the State Democratic party, reflects an underlying problem for America that's going to cause irreparable harm if we don't address it.

Phil Montag is not the Democratic Party nor does he represent Democrats. His statements were deplorable and he should be rightfully condemned for them. We know how the Democratic leadership viewed his statement. They were completely unacceptable and he was fired from his position.

Republican, Independent, and Democrat and virtually all Americans condemn this type of belief and statement by anyone.

The problem is when someone uses an incident like this and applies it to the whole party. It's false stereotyping for no other purpose than to create bigoted prejudice.

Condemning the actions of an individual political figure is one thing because they are responsible for their actions. To falsely accuse everyone in the political party of heinous behavior because of one person's actions isn't just wrong it's destructive to the nation as a whole.

Left, Right, and Center need to end the open hostility and establish a civil discourse in addressing political differences. We need to realize we're all Americans and that while we may disagree on many issues in our hearts we still love this country and want to protect it and to improve it for ALL Americans and not just for those that agree with us on every issue.

Phil Montag is a perfect person to present in a thread to point out that there are some people that really need to be condemned for what they say or might believe and I can't think of any member on this forum that would condone what he did. This is a case were we can have universal agreement with the "Left" and the "Right" standing together to condemn a person for actions and beliefs that are completely unacceptable.

This wasn't about Republican v Democrat. It was about unacceptable behavior for anyone, Republican or Democrat, that deserved to be condemned. It was time to join hands together because there was no difference of opinion on Montag's behavior.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShivaTD For This Useful Post:
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2017, 11:23 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,373
Thanks: 9,010
Thanked 6,505 Times in 3,726 Posts
Default Re: Democratic official: I wish Steve Scalise was f–king dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Actualy Trump was/is about as bad as it gets and definitely not a republican
I can agree with you that Trump is not a Republican, at least the party that I once agreed with. However, it just may be that the Republican party has moved so far left that he is now mainstream in that party.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2017, 11:24 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,373
Thanks: 9,010
Thanked 6,505 Times in 3,726 Posts
Default Re: Democratic official: I wish Steve Scalise was f–king dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
I would vote for Kremit the Frog before I vote for Trump or Hillary. I wish old Kermit had been on the ticket. Make America ribbit again.
I like that!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2017, 11:26 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,373
Thanks: 9,010
Thanked 6,505 Times in 3,726 Posts
Default Re: The Real Problem With The Political Divide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
This discussion of Phil Montag, a technology chairman for the State Democratic party, reflects an underlying problem for America that's going to cause irreparable harm if we don't address it.

Phil Montag is not the Democratic Party nor does he represent Democrats. His statements were deplorable and he should be rightfully condemned for them. We know how the Democratic leadership viewed his statement. They were completely unacceptable and he was fired from his position.

Republican, Independent, and Democrat and virtually all Americans condemn this type of belief and statement by anyone.

The problem is when someone uses an incident like this and applies it to the whole party. It's false stereotyping for no other purpose than to create bigoted prejudice.

Condemning the actions of an individual political figure is one thing because they are responsible for their actions. To falsely accuse everyone in the political party of heinous behavior because of one person's actions isn't just wrong it's destructive to the nation as a whole.

Left, Right, and Center need to end the open hostility and establish a civil discourse in addressing political differences. We need to realize we're all Americans and that while we may disagree on many issues in our hearts we still love this country and want to protect it and to improve it for ALL Americans and not just for those that agree with us on every issue.

Phil Montag is a perfect person to present in a thread to point out that there are some people that really need to be condemned for what they say or might believe and I can't think of any member on this forum that would condone what he did. This is a case were we can have universal agreement with the "Left" and the "Right" standing together to condemn a person for actions and beliefs that are completely unacceptable.

This wasn't about Republican v Democrat. It was about unacceptable behavior for anyone, Republican or Democrat, that deserved to be condemned. It was time to join hands together because there was no difference of opinion on Montag's behavior.
I completely agree with everything in this post.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dead, democratic, f–king, official, scalise, steve, was, wish

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0