Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Trayvon Martin to get posthumous science degree from university in aviation at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Mikeyy Again, because he is black our local racist calls him a thug. Martini's called a thug ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2017, 09:59 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,866
Thanks: 10,814
Thanked 8,724 Times in 5,161 Posts
Default Re: Trayvon Martin to get posthumous science degree from university in aviation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Again, because he is black our local racist calls him a thug.
Martini's called a thug because he was a thug.

Now that he's a college graduate he's still a thug.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbo For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2017, 11:08 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,923 Times in 13,938 Posts
Default Re: Trayvon Martin to get posthumous science degree from university in aviation

The only ones who are upset are the righties. In fact we see in this thread that the right still believes GZ was just a victim of this thug black guy. GZ couldn't be a thug because he was a white guy with a gun. Again we see the right wound up over something that is none of their business. I don't know what Trayvon's ambitions were or if he would have obtained them. But this doesn't hurt my feelings. In the meantime GZ seems to find trouble more often than I have and I'm twice his age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoriolus View Post
The death of TM was racially politicized from the very start with the MSM propagandists pushing along false narratives. There was a trial with witnesses and GZ was acquitted of murder, but the acquittal was portrayed as yet another example of injustice. Presenting to TM's parents an honorary degree in aviation might confirm a martyr status to their son. I can also see it as a cynical symbol in promoting intentional racial chasms for political leverage.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2017, 11:45 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,866
Thanks: 10,814
Thanked 8,724 Times in 5,161 Posts
Default Re: Trayvon Martin to get posthumous science degree from university in aviation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
The only ones who are upset are the righties. In fact we see in this thread that the right still believes GZ was just a victim of this thug black guy. GZ couldn't be a thug because he was a white guy with a gun. Again we see the right wound up over something that is none of their business. I don't know what Trayvon's ambitions were or if he would have obtained them. But this doesn't hurt my feelings. In the meantime GZ seems to find trouble more often than I have and I'm twice his age.
The only reason you hate Zimmerman is because he's a white guy.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2017, 12:26 PM
zoriolus's Avatar
Banjo qd
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,104
Thanks: 3,032
Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,540 Posts
Default Re: Trayvon Martin to get posthumous science degree from university in aviation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
The only ones who are upset are the righties. In fact we see in this thread that the right still believes GZ was just a victim of this thug black guy. GZ couldn't be a thug because he was a white guy with a gun. Again we see the right wound up over something that is none of their business. I don't know what Trayvon's ambitions were or if he would have obtained them. But this doesn't hurt my feelings. In the meantime GZ seems to find trouble more often than I have and I'm twice his age.

Travon received the posthumous degree in aviation because his "ambition" was to be a pilot or work on planes. Had he made better choices and not got suspended from school, he may have really earned it and graduated. Travon's last words, according to GZ were, "You got me".
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2017, 01:04 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,923 Times in 13,938 Posts
Default Re: Trayvon Martin to get posthumous science degree from university in aviation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoriolus View Post
Travon received the posthumous degree in aviation because his "ambition" was to be a pilot or work on planes. Had he made better choices and not got suspended from school, he may have really earned it and graduated. Travon's last words, according to GZ were, "You got me".
Lots of people who were successes had issues at school. Bill Gates. Steve Jobs and I could go on. Doesn't mean he wouldn't have succeded. According to GZ? Point is nobody but the right has attacked anyone here. I think GZ was playing the hard ass and didn't listen to the dispatcher who specifically told him not to follow Trayvon. I think it would be good to remember that Trayvon wasn't bothering anyone. He walked to the store and was walking back when a guy trying to look like a gangster started following him. After that we know nothing at all except for he died. Maybe you can address how some here find him to be a thug?
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2017, 01:30 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,866
Thanks: 10,814
Thanked 8,724 Times in 5,161 Posts
Default Re: Trayvon Martin to get posthumous science degree from university in aviation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Lots of people who were successes had issues at school. Bill Gates. Steve Jobs and I could go on. Doesn't mean he wouldn't have succeded. According to GZ? Point is nobody but the right has attacked anyone here. I think GZ was playing the hard ass and didn't listen to the dispatcher who specifically told him not to follow Trayvon. I think it would be good to remember that Trayvon wasn't bothering anyone. He walked to the store and was walking back when a guy trying to look like a gangster started following him. After that we know nothing at all except for he died. Maybe you can address how some here find him to be a thug?
Mikeyy, you are aware that this particular situation was investigated, found wanting, then reopened and found wanting again, then went before a jury, found not guilty. Not to mention everyone including the usual race baiter's and the "If I had a son" President weighing in. So your allegation that we know nothing seems a stretch.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbo For This Useful Post:
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2017, 01:54 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,866
Thanks: 10,814
Thanked 8,724 Times in 5,161 Posts
Default Re: Trayvon Martin to get posthumous science degree from university in aviation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Lots of people who were successes had issues at school. Bill Gates. Steve Jobs and I could go on. Doesn't mean he wouldn't have succeded. According to GZ? Point is nobody but the right has attacked anyone here. I think GZ was playing the hard ass and didn't listen to the dispatcher who specifically told him not to follow Trayvon. I think it would be good to remember that Trayvon wasn't bothering anyone. He walked to the store and was walking back when a guy trying to look like a gangster started following him. After that we know nothing at all except for he died. Maybe you can address how some here find him to be a thug?
Some troubled HS career for that Gates guy. Paul Allen had a similar checkered HS career.

Do you ever research anything?

At 13, he enrolled in the Lakeside School, a private preparatory school.[25] When he was in the eighth grade, the Mothers Club at the school used proceeds from Lakeside School's rummage sale to buy a Teletype Model 33 ASR terminal and a block of computer time on a General Electric (GE) computer for the school's students.[26] Gates took an interest in programming the GE system in BASIC, and was excused from math classes to pursue his interest. He wrote his first computer program on this machine: an implementation of tic-tac-toe that allowed users to play games against the computer. Gates was fascinated by the machine and how it would always execute software code perfectly. When he reflected back on that moment, he said, "There was just something neat about the machine."[27] After the Mothers Club donation was exhausted, he and other students sought time on systems including DEC PDP minicomputers. One of these systems was a PDP-10 belonging to Computer Center Corporation (CCC), which banned four Lakeside students Gates, Paul Allen, Ric Weiland, and Kent Evans for the summer after it caught them exploiting bugs in the operating system to obtain free computer time.[28][29]

At the end of the ban, the four students offered to find bugs in CCC's software in exchange for computer time. Rather than use the system via Teletype, Gates went to CCC's offices and studied source code for various programs that ran on the system, including programs in Fortran, Lisp, and machine language. The arrangement with CCC continued until 1970, when the company went out of business. The following year, Information Sciences, Inc. hired the four Lakeside students to write a payroll program in Cobol, providing them computer time and royalties. After his administrators became aware of his programming abilities, Gates wrote the school's computer program to schedule students in classes. He modified the code so that he was placed in classes with "a disproportionate number of interesting girls."[30] He later stated that "it was hard to tear myself away from a machine at which I could so unambiguously demonstrate success."[27] At age 17, Gates formed a venture with Allen, called Traf-O-Data, to make traffic counters based on the Intel 8008 processor.[31] In early 1973, Bill Gates served as a congressional page in the U.S. House of Representatives.[32]

Gates graduated from Lakeside School in 1973, and was a National Merit Scholar.[33] He scored 1590 out of 1600 on the Scholastic Aptitude Tests[34] and enrolled at Harvard College in the autumn of 1973.[35] He chose a pre-law major but took rigorous mathematics and graduate level computer science courses.[36] While at Harvard, he met fellow student Steve Ballmer. Gates left Harvard after two years while Ballmer would stay and graduate magna cum laude. Years later, Ballmer succeeded Gates as CEO of Microsoft before resigning from the company in 2014.[37]
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2017, 02:46 PM
zoriolus's Avatar
Banjo qd
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,104
Thanks: 3,032
Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,540 Posts
Default Re: Trayvon Martin to get posthumous science degree from university in aviation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Lots of people who were successes had issues at school. Bill Gates. Steve Jobs and I could go on. Doesn't mean he wouldn't have succeded. According to GZ? Point is nobody but the right has attacked anyone here. I think GZ was playing the hard ass and didn't listen to the dispatcher who specifically told him not to follow Trayvon. I think it would be good to remember that Trayvon wasn't bothering anyone. He walked to the store and was walking back when a guy trying to look like a gangster started following him. After that we know nothing at all except for he died. Maybe you can address how some here find him to be a thug?
I said "may have succeeded". It's your prerogative to disagree with the trial evidence and verdict. You said that "He walked to the store and was walking back when a guy trying to look like a gangster started following him. After that we know nothing at all except for he died. " That's not true. There is evidence, testimony, and a time line.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zoriolus For This Useful Post:
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2017, 02:58 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,346
Thanks: 2,461
Thanked 39,538 Times in 21,967 Posts
Default Re: Trayvon Martin to get posthumous science degree from university in aviation

Only in Liberalism can you get a participation trophy and not even have to participate...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2017, 03:04 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,923 Times in 13,938 Posts
Default Re: Trayvon Martin to get posthumous science degree from university in aviation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
Only in Liberalism can you get a participation trophy and not even have to participate...
Only in right winger land can you find fault in people trying to show support for a family who has suffered a loss.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aviation, degree, from, get, martin, posthumous, science, trayvon, university

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0