Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Trump won't drop ownership of business at the General Forum; Trump won't drop ownership of business The adviser, who has not yet been named, will review and sign off on ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2017, 03:05 PM
RedState's Avatar
#RESIST
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,615
Thanks: 834
Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,035 Posts
Default Trump won't drop ownership of business

Trump won't drop ownership of business



Quote:
The adviser, who has not yet been named, will review and sign off on any new business deals that raise potential conflicts of interests, according to an attorney familiar with Trump’s plans.
This made me laugh. Yes, I'm sure the unnamed "ethics advisor" will sign off on all those conflicts of interest as perfectly fine.

His lawyer at the Presser said that what he does as a businessman does not consist of emoluments. Her argument had some merit but she focused on normal people using the hotel which is not where people are concerned.

It's the foreign leaders/governments that are the issue, not a hotel bill. It was impressive spin I thought, but spin all the same. Of course thats all Trump is, is spin.
__________________
“The main problem in any democracy is that crowd-pleasers are generally brainless swine
who can go out on a stage & whup their supporters into an orgiastic frenzy—
then go back to the office & sell every one of the poor bastards down the tube for a nickel apiece.”


-HST
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedState For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2017, 03:19 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,066
Thanks: 7,608
Thanked 6,396 Times in 3,885 Posts
Default Re: Trump won't drop ownership of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Trump won't drop ownership of business

This made me laugh. Yes, I'm sure the unnamed "ethics advisor" will sign off on all those conflicts of interest as perfectly fine.

His lawyer at the Presser said that what he does as a businessman does not consist of emoluments. Her argument had some merit but she focused on normal people using the hotel which is not where people are concerned.

It's the foreign leaders/governments that are the issue, not a hotel bill. It was impressive spin I thought, but spin all the same. Of course thats all Trump is, is spin.
I don't get the issue with the hotel. I doubt that Trump has ever taken a reservation. I'm sure that it being one of the best in DC, foreign people who can afford to stay there and have business in DC do so.

If you have a problem with Trump's businesses, this is not the place to take your stand.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbo For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2017, 03:22 PM
RedState's Avatar
#RESIST
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,615
Thanks: 834
Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,035 Posts
Default Re: Trump won't drop ownership of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
I don't get the issue with the hotel. I doubt that Trump has ever taken a reservation. I'm sure that it being one of the best in DC, foreign people who can afford to stay there and have business in DC do so.

If you have a problem with Trump's businesses, this is not the place to take your stand.
Exactly! It was a red herring. It will be real interesting to see how or even if the courts deal with this after the 20'th. Interesting times my friend!
__________________
“The main problem in any democracy is that crowd-pleasers are generally brainless swine
who can go out on a stage & whup their supporters into an orgiastic frenzy—
then go back to the office & sell every one of the poor bastards down the tube for a nickel apiece.”


-HST
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2017, 07:57 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,105
Thanks: 6,328
Thanked 8,986 Times in 5,152 Posts
Default Re: Trump won't drop ownership of business

Why should the courts get involved? There is no law that says Trump must be a pauper to be President. Or his kids must go begging because they cannot keep what they helped build either. Sorry President Obama and your noles but TRUMP is the one guy who can laugh in your facewhen you say, "you didn't build that."

The Trump organization is more than a bunch of Hotels. It is the TRUMP brand. His name is on all of it. If it prospers everyone on the left might well say it is because he has the power of the POTUS. IF it fails then he was a bad businessman and that's fair punishment for someone who wanted to do good for the country but should have stayed in the private sector..

Only they won't fail. Because America won't fail.

In reality there is no way he can "separate" from the Trump Brand. He must put it out of his authority yes, because he has more important things to do for the next 4-8 years. But, he does not have to give it up just because the left, who didn't ask any of their Presidents to do so, has decided it would please them or create a problem for the guy WHO BEAT THEM at their own game.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2017, 08:04 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 72,890
Thanks: 52,733
Thanked 25,158 Times in 17,837 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Trump won't drop ownership of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Why should the courts get involved? There is no law that says Trump must be a pauper to be President. Or his kids must go begging because they cannot keep what they helped build either. Sorry President Obama and your noles but TRUMP is the one guy who can laugh in your facewhen you say, "you didn't build that."

The Trump organization is more than a bunch of Hotels. It is the TRUMP brand. His name is on all of it. If it prospers everyone on the left might well say it is because he has the power of the POTUS. IF it fails then he was a bad businessman and that's fair punishment for someone who wanted to do good for the country but should have stayed in the private sector..

Only they won't fail. Because America won't fail.

In reality there is no way he can "separate" from the Trump Brand. He must put it out of his authority yes, because he has more important things to do for the next 4-8 years. But, he does not have to give it up just because the left, who didn't ask any of their Presidents to do so, has decided it would please them or create a problem for the guy WHO BEAT THEM at their own game.

Yeah you would so make that same argument if it was the black guy
Ah...sometimes you just make me laugh so hard, franco
__________________
Hillary Clinton is like prune juice; might leave a bad taste in your mouth but if you don't take it you'll have to put up with a load of crap for a long time.
~ Larry David as Bernie Sanders
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2017, 08:09 PM
RedState's Avatar
#RESIST
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,615
Thanks: 834
Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,035 Posts
Default Re: Trump won't drop ownership of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Why should the courts get involved? There is no law that says Trump must be a pauper to be President. Or his kids must go begging because they cannot keep what they helped build either. Sorry President Obama and your noles but TRUMP is the one guy who can laugh in your facewhen you say, "you didn't build that."

The Trump organization is more than a bunch of Hotels. It is the TRUMP brand. His name is on all of it. If it prospers everyone on the left might well say it is because he has the power of the POTUS. IF it fails then he was a bad businessman and that's fair punishment for someone who wanted to do good for the country but should have stayed in the private sector..

Only they won't fail. Because America won't fail.

In reality there is no way he can "separate" from the Trump Brand. He must put it out of his authority yes, because he has more important things to do for the next 4-8 years. But, he does not have to give it up just because the left, who didn't ask any of their Presidents to do so, has decided it would please them or create a problem for the guy WHO BEAT THEM at their own game.
I know you don't care about the Constitution, and neither does Trump it seems, But most everyone else does.
__________________
“The main problem in any democracy is that crowd-pleasers are generally brainless swine
who can go out on a stage & whup their supporters into an orgiastic frenzy—
then go back to the office & sell every one of the poor bastards down the tube for a nickel apiece.”


-HST
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2017, 08:26 PM
winston53660's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,219
Thanks: 1,852
Thanked 4,258 Times in 3,188 Posts
Default Re: Trump won't drop ownership of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
I don't get the issue with the hotel. I doubt that Trump has ever taken a reservation. I'm sure that it being one of the best in DC, foreign people who can afford to stay there and have business in DC do so.

If you have a problem with Trump's businesses, this is not the place to take your stand.
I thought the Plaza was was extremely snotty especially with a $7.00 Budweiser back in the 80's. The East Village was a lot more fun and exciting. BTW I think the Plaza went bankrupt too.
__________________
Originally Posted by TiredRetired View Post
Damn shame it couldn't have been a father / son event. IMHO.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2017, 07:46 AM
300 H and H's Avatar
newer isn't always better
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Western Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,613
Thanks: 7,682
Thanked 4,085 Times in 2,657 Posts
Default Re: Trump won't drop ownership of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
I know you don't care about the Constitution, and neither does Trump it seems, But most everyone else does.
Care about the Constitution? Your a liar.

Democrats wish to change the nature of SCOTUS to include liberal idea's and in fact change the meaning of the Constitution...

But of course you think we don't know that about you left wingers? Ha! you and your merry band of hypocrites don't give a damn about the constitution unless you change the meaning of it...

But your not going to get the chance are you?

Regards, Kirk
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2017, 08:17 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,105
Thanks: 6,328
Thanked 8,986 Times in 5,152 Posts
Default Re: Trump won't drop ownership of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Yeah you would so make that same argument if it was the black guy
Ah...sometimes you just make me laugh so hard, franco
Actually, "The Black guy" had my support when he was first elected. But I must ask why his being "Black" is so important to you?

And to the point of the OP, Barak Hussien Obama did not have any successful business interests so it is an unfair comparison.

I see you found nothing to argue on the substance of what I posted. Try debating honestly on the subject.

I double dog dare ya!!!
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2017, 08:23 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,105
Thanks: 6,328
Thanked 8,986 Times in 5,152 Posts
Default Re: Trump won't drop ownership of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
I know you don't care about the Constitution, and neither does Trump it seems, But most everyone else does.
Please point out where in the Constitution it proves my statements wrong.

From our first President, they were all allowed to keep their property. We are a citizen government and unique to USA citizens in 1789 was the ability for citizens to own property. It is fundamental to our system.

We do have laws on the books about what elected leaders should do with their assets when in high office. They are legislations repeal-able by the Congress, but are not in the Constitution

I would suggest you not speak of what you do not know.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
business, drop, ownership, trump, wont

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0