Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Trump won't drop ownership of business at the General Forum; Blind Trusts explained; The Use of Blind Trusts by Federal Officials...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2017, 09:07 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,703
Thanks: 6,811
Thanked 9,587 Times in 5,456 Posts
Default Re: Trump won't drop ownership of business

Blind Trusts explained;
The Use of Blind Trusts by Federal Officials
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2017, 03:08 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 74,318
Thanks: 53,302
Thanked 25,436 Times in 18,076 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Trump won't drop ownership of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
hes not putting it in a blind trust
his kids are running it
even his pick for SoS is divesting himself completely
thats what you do to avoid even the appearance of unethical behavior
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2017, 03:41 PM
Senior's Avatar
Political Independent 👌
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,093
Thanks: 1,455
Thanked 1,230 Times in 850 Posts
Default Re: Trump won't drop ownership of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
hes not putting it in a blind trust
his kids are running it
even his pick for SoS is divesting himself completely
thats what you do to avoid even the appearance of unethical behavior
Correct. In a true blind trust, there is no communication whatsoever (in any direction) after the trust is created. Kin/relatives who have familial contact with the principal do not qualify as true blind trustees.

What Trump is perpetrating here is a sham quite similar to insider trading.
__________________
*
Semper Gumby / USMC - Always Be Flexible
*
When the ramp drops, the bullshıt stops
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Senior For This Useful Post:
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2017, 03:48 PM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,194
Thanks: 967
Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,125 Posts
Default Re: Trump won't drop ownership of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
hes not putting it in a blind trust
his kids are running it
even his pick for SoS is divesting himself completely
thats what you do to avoid even the appearance of unethical behavior
Yeah, Franc is just lying again. He should probably stop reading facebook news.
__________________
“Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it.
I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

- Felix Sater - SOURCE
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 01-13-2017, 07:33 PM
CindyB's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,312
Thanks: 7,258
Thanked 4,503 Times in 2,727 Posts
Default Re: Trump won't drop ownership of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
hes not putting it in a blind trust
his kids are running it
even his pick for SoS is divesting himself completely
thats what you do to avoid even the appearance of unethical behavior
Good grief, Trump doesn't have to do any of this. He could run his dam business while POTUS if he wanted to. Geeze salty, get a clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior View Post
Correct. In a true blind trust, there is no communication whatsoever (in any direction) after the trust is created. Kin/relatives who have familial contact with the principal do not qualify as true blind trustees.

What Trump is perpetrating here is a sham quite similar to insider trading.
Oh bull shlt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Yeah, Franc is just lying again. He should probably stop reading facebook news.
Franc is telling the truth. Prove him wrong, put your money where your mouth is dude.

I'll start:


What Is The Emoluments Clause And How Does It Apply To Donald Trump? | The Huffington Post

Quote:
“No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.”
All profits from Trumps foreign businesses will be donated to the U.S. Treasury, that was announced yesterday at his press conference.

The Constitution does not stipulate that the President or Vice President has to sell off their businesses OR that they have to put them in a blind trust.
__________________
CindyB - Proud Trump Supporter
Peace Through Strength
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 01-13-2017, 07:54 PM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,194
Thanks: 967
Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,125 Posts
Default Re: Trump won't drop ownership of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post
Good grief, Trump doesn't have to do any of this. He could run his dam business while POTUS if he wanted to. Geeze salty, get a clue.
He certainly can, and I'm going to laugh like hell when his white house continues to be mired in scandal and corruption because he didn't care enough about the Integrity of the Office of the President of the United States to fully divest himself fully from his business or just place it into a blind trust.

Did you know they are already talking about giving his family pre-pardons. Did you think the Republicans attempt to shut down the OGE had nothing to do with Trump?

Quote:
Franc is telling the truth. Prove him wrong, put your money where your mouth is dude.

I'll start:
Franc may not be lying, maybe he really is just misinformed.

The only Blind Trust Trump is using is his supporters. Trumps Lawyer herself even admitted that they were not using a blind trust:

Sheri A. Dillon, a longtime lawyer for the Trump Organization, said that many of the alternatives ethics lawyers have advocated, such as selling off Mr. Trump’s business assets entirely or putting them in a blind trust that would be managed by an independent party, were not practical.



Quote:
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"]All profits from Trumps foreign businesses will be donated to the U.S. Treasury, that was announced yesterday at his press conference.
Not quite, but I'm sure that's what Trump wants you to think, only profits received at his foreign hotels would be donated to the US Treasury.


Quote:
The Constitution does not stipulate that the President or Vice President has to sell off their businesses OR that they have to put them in a blind trust.
Nobody is arguing that it does. Its just something that every President has done to avoid the appearance of corruption, you know, because they actually valued the integrity of the Office of The United States of America over their own personal wealth.

The Constitution does however stipulate that the President can'not receive payments from foreign governments or foreign powers. Since Trump failed to fully divest himself from his businesses, he may well still be in violation of the emoluments clause on day one.
__________________
“Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it.
I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

- Felix Sater - SOURCE
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 01-13-2017, 08:07 PM
CindyB's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,312
Thanks: 7,258
Thanked 4,503 Times in 2,727 Posts
Default Re: Trump won't drop ownership of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
He certainly can, and I'm going to laugh like hell when his white house continues to be mired in scandal and corruption because he didn't care enough about the Integrity of the Office of the President of the United States to fully divest himself fully from his business or just place it into a blind trust.

Did you know they are already talking about giving his family pre-pardons. Did you think the Republicans attempt to shut down the OGE had nothing to do with Trump?


No reason to give his family pre-pardons for anything.

The WH won't be mired in corruption and scandal but the lying left will say it is. Tough shlt.


Franc may not be lying, maybe he really is just misinformed.

The only Blind Trust Trump is using is his supporters. Trumps Lawyer herself even admitted that they were not using a blind trust:

Sheri A. Dillon, a longtime lawyer for the Trump Organization, said that many of the alternatives ethics lawyers have advocated, such as selling off Mr. Trump’s business assets entirely or putting them in a blind trust that would be managed by an independent party, were not practical.


Oh the drama, Trump's lawyer told the truth, I know that is pretty rare when it comes to the left and their constants. Of course she "admitted" they are not using a blind trust. Big deal, he is not REQUIRED to.


Not quite, but I'm sure that's what Trump wants you to think, only profits received at his foreign hotels would be donated to the US Treasury.

All profits made overseas will go to the U.S. Treasury.


Nobody is arguing that it does. Its just something that every President has done to avoid the appearance of corruption, you know, because they actually valued the integrity of the Office of The United States of America over their own personal wealth.

The Constitution does however stipulate that the President can'not receive payments from foreign governments or foreign powers. Since Trump failed to fully divest himself from his businesses, he may well still be in violation of the emoluments clause on day one.
That is total bull and you know it. Trump is not in violation of anything.
I'm outta here, you go ahead and keep on lying if that is what you want to do, I'm sorry for you that corrupt Hillary and her pay to play Clinton Foundation did not win but you would do well to move on. Later
__________________
CindyB - Proud Trump Supporter
Peace Through Strength
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CindyB For This Useful Post:
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 01-13-2017, 08:30 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 74,318
Thanks: 53,302
Thanked 25,436 Times in 18,076 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Trump won't drop ownership of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post
Good grief, Trump doesn't have to do any of this. He could run his dam business while POTUS if he wanted to. Geeze salty, get a clue.



Oh bull shlt.



Franc is telling the truth. Prove him wrong, put your money where your mouth is dude.

I'll start:


What Is The Emoluments Clause And How Does It Apply To Donald Trump? | The Huffington Post



All profits from Trumps foreign businesses will be donated to the U.S. Treasury, that was announced yesterday at his press conference.

The Constitution does not stipulate that the President or Vice President has to sell off their businesses OR that they have to put them in a blind trust.
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 01-13-2017, 08:44 PM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,194
Thanks: 967
Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,125 Posts
Default Re: Trump won't drop ownership of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post


No reason to give his family pre-pardons for anything.

The WH won't be mired in corruption and scandal but the lying left will say it is. Tough shlt.


The Left wont have to lie, the facts concerning Trump are way better than lies.

Quote:
Oh the drama, Trump's lawyer told the truth, I know that is pretty rare when it comes to the left and their constants. Of course she "admitted" they are not using a blind trust. Big deal, he is not REQUIRED to.
Yes, well then you guys should stop lying and saying that Trump is using a Blind Trust when he is not, and we won't have to call you out for lying. See that's how it works. You don't get to lie about something and then act all indignant when someone calls you on your bull****.


Quote:
That is total bull and you know it. Trump is not in violation of anything.
Can you explain how he wouldn't be in violation of the emoluments clause on day one?

Quote:
I'm outta here, you go ahead and keep on lying if that is what you want to do, I'm sorry for you that corrupt Hillary and her pay to play Clinton Foundation did not win but you would do well to move on. Later
Lets talk about Pay to Play for a second.
  • Linda McMahon, now runs the Small Business Administration; she gave $7.5 million to the Trump campaign
  • His choice for Education secretary, Betsy DeVos, and her family donated $1.8 million towards his run.
  • Todd Ricketts, his Deputy Commerce secretary pick, contributed $1.3 million to Trump
  • Treasury secretary, Steven Mnuchin, gave $425,000.
  • Labor secretary Andrew Puzded donated $332,000.
  • Commerce secretary Wilbur Ross, contributed $200,000.

So much for Drain the swamp huh?

Here's how you get a job in the Trump Admin, Give him money!
__________________
“Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it.
I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

- Felix Sater - SOURCE
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedState For This Useful Post:
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 01-13-2017, 08:54 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 74,318
Thanks: 53,302
Thanked 25,436 Times in 18,076 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Trump won't drop ownership of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
...
So much for Drain the swamp huh?

Here's how you get a job in the Trump Admin, Give him money![/B]
so much so that republicans started to pass a law getting rid of ethics review altogether

their constituents called them on it -literally called and called

but apparently nobody is worried about the big golden haired guy
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
business, drop, ownership, trump, wont

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0