Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Armed, Confederate flag-waving White Lives Matter protesters rally outside Houston NA at the General Forum; Originally Posted by foundit66 I obviously wasn't referring JUST to these last two questions but to every other time you ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2016, 02:08 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,033
Thanks: 11,774
Thanked 4,365 Times in 2,814 Posts
Default Re: Armed, Confederate flag-waving White Lives Matter protesters rally outside Housto

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
I obviously wasn't referring JUST to these last two questions but to every other time you have asked me "Are you saying that ..." and I've told you No.
It would probably be better if we stuck to this particular thread, while we are in it--not to "every other" incident that you believe can be imagined...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
I just repeated my point for you.
Without surprise on my part, you cut and paste around it...

It leads one to a conclusion regarding Mark's group that either:
a) They are clueless, and/or
b) They have an ulterior motive to set themselves up outside John's organization's building with firearms.
I have already dealt with the hypothetical that you have posited. And I have nothing to add to what I already said.

If that does not satisfy you, then...well, gee, I am very sorry...
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
  #92 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2016, 02:18 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,616
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,301 Times in 9,276 Posts
Post Re: Armed, Confederate flag-waving White Lives Matter protesters rally outside Housto

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
It would probably be better if we stuck to this particular thread, while we are in it--not to "every other" incident that you believe can be imagined...
I will do that if you start sticking to what I actually say instead of this repetitive invention of strawman b.s.
A mutual agreement.
Can you agree to that?



Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
I have already dealt with the hypothetical that you have posited. And I have nothing to add to what I already said.
If that does not satisfy you, then...well, gee, I am very sorry...
You are hilarious.

I made a point.
You obviously didn't understand and asked me *what's my point*.
I answer your question and remind you what my point was. I actually have to answer your question multiple times because you refuse to comprehend I am answering your question.
And then instead of acknowledging I was answering your question, you try to pretend that I was repeating my point because I was dissatisfied...


A while back you put out there a comment about how we shouldn't respond to each other.
And, with absolutely no surprise from me, you broke that idea by being the first to respond to my post...
Can you go back to that thing where you ignore my posts because it gets tiresome having to try to explain it multiple times to you...



Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
I have already dealt with the hypothetical that you have posited.
Point to the post where you supposedly did that.
Cause the truth is you never did that...
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by foundit66; 08-27-2016 at 03:49 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #93 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2016, 04:01 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,033
Thanks: 11,774
Thanked 4,365 Times in 2,814 Posts
Default Re: Armed, Confederate flag-waving White Lives Matter protesters rally outside Housto

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
I will do that if you start sticking to what I actually say instead of this repetitive invention of strawman b.s.
A mutual agreement.
Contrary to your assertion, I did not misrepresent anything you have said.

Nor do I ever intend to--with any poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
A while back you put out there a comment about how we shouldn't respond to each other. ...

Can you go back to that thing where you ignore my posts because it gets tiresome having to try to explain it multiple times to you...
Yes, it was really a good idea.

Regrettably, however, I am unable to place you on "Ignore." (When I attempt to do so, I receive the rather disappointing message, "Sorry foundit66 is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.")

But if you will make it a point not to respond to me, I will certainly try to reciprocate...
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
  #94 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2016, 04:12 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,689
Thanks: 55,570
Thanked 26,336 Times in 18,856 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Armed, Confederate flag-waving White Lives Matter protesters rally outside Housto

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
It would surely be a stretch to describe me as a Donald Trump "supporter" (i.e. an enthusiastic advocate for the man)--he has made some off-the-cuff comments (including one about an Hispanic judge just a few weeks ago) that I find utterly indefensible--but I do prefer him to Hillary Clinton.



And your point would be?...
my point is obviously some will vote for him not because they enthusiastically support him nor will they recognize or speak against his bigotry but will go along with him because they dont think fascism is real or dangerous
__________________
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."
- Albert Camus
Reply With Quote
  #95 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2016, 04:25 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,616
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,301 Times in 9,276 Posts
Post Re: Armed, Confederate flag-waving White Lives Matter protesters rally outside Housto

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
Contrary to your assertion, I did not misrepresent anything you have said.
Nor do I ever intend to--with any poster.
And yet despite your denial, I and many other posters recognize how you do...


Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
Yes, it was really a good idea.
Regrettably, however, I am unable to place you on "Ignore." (When I attempt to do so, I receive the rather disappointing message, "Sorry foundit66 is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.")
But if you will make it a point not to respond to me, I will certainly try to reciprocate...
"try". Funny how you phrase that.

Let me repeat what you just ignored.
You were the one who broke the previous situation.

After your suggestion, we weren't responding to each other.
And then you broke that and you responded to me first.

So you'll have to excuse my concern regarding you saying you will "try".

Like your reading comprehension, I am certain you will continue to fail.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #96 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2016, 07:19 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,033
Thanks: 11,774
Thanked 4,365 Times in 2,814 Posts
Default Re: Armed, Confederate flag-waving White Lives Matter protesters rally outside Housto

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
my point is obviously some will vote for him not because they enthusiastically support him nor will they recognize or speak against his bigotry but will go along with him because they dont think fascism is real or dangerous
Oh, fascism is both "real" and "dangerous."

But I do not consider Donald Trump to be a fascist.

A blowhard, yes.

A bigot, yes.

A bully, yes.

But a fascist?

What evidence is there, exactly, of that?
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
  #97 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2016, 07:23 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,033
Thanks: 11,774
Thanked 4,365 Times in 2,814 Posts
Default Re: Armed, Confederate flag-waving White Lives Matter protesters rally outside Housto

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
"try". Funny how you phrase that.

Let me repeat what you just ignored.
You were the one who broke the previous situation.

After your suggestion, we weren't responding to each other.
And then you broke that and you responded to me first.

So you'll have to excuse my concern regarding you saying you will "try".

Like your reading comprehension, I am certain you will continue to fail.
And you are the one to break--or, at least, to ignore--my suggestion here.

But if you will not respond to this, or any other, post of mine, then I will reciprocate. (Your parsing of my words notwithstanding.)
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
  #98 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2016, 06:43 PM
CindyB's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,333
Thanks: 9,550
Thanked 5,631 Times in 3,480 Posts
Default Re: Armed, Confederate flag-waving White Lives Matter protesters rally outside Housto

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
i get tired of your "HEADLINE NEWS" red posts so I thought I'd throw something back at ya.

trump is a commie kkk loving pos. just a factoid. hillary is not my first choice but is more republican than he is. the part that loves wars and that is sad but he is mucho, mucho dangeroso, to put it in your native type.

Sweetie, you wouldn't know a "factoid" if it hit you in the head.

Sorry, but the "commie's" are all Bernie lovers not Trump lovers. Saying Trump is a "commie" is one of your more silly posts and the kkk thing is just tiresome and also untrue.
__________________
The Democrats are not after the truth, they are after the President.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
armed, confederate, flagwaving, houston, lives, matter, outside, protesters, rally, white

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0