Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Court: No right to carry concealed weapons in public at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Joe Shoe In the right context it could matter. Again, I'm telling you how *I* used it. ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2016, 11:34 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,612
Thanks: 10,111
Thanked 15,290 Times in 9,270 Posts
Post Re: Court: No right to carry concealed weapons in public

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
In the right context it could matter. Again, I'm telling you how *I* used it.
Translation:
When the word is misused, it's not meant to be taken seriously.
When the word is used correctly, it's intentional.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Dude, I know it's a big deal to you ...

I'm not the topic.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
But that 'line' isn't always static and can move, which is the problem. The line was moved more restrictively in 1994. Currently it's less, but you all would have it even more restrictive than it was in 1994.
You're ignoring what line I'm talking about.
I'm talking about the line of what DOES and DOES NOT constitute a right.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
And again (not sure why I'm having to explain this to you twice) that's because they know that gun freedom infringement happens incrementally, as a general rule.
Gun "freedom" infringement is irrelevant to a real issue.
If they made the speed limit 75, then 74, then 73, then 72...
That would annoy some people.
It would still be constitutional.

And the truth is that whether the speed limit should be 74 is a matter on its own right.
If somebody later wants to change it to 73, that's a separate issue.
There is no logic in proclaiming we shouldn't change it to 74 because somebody will later want to change it to 73.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
And here we have your usual 'not-my-argument' even though its the crux of what you've based your last few points on. Typical.
And Joe follows up with the typical "claim it was foundit66's argument while being completely incapable of QUOTING HIM to prove it"
I was not relying on an "apparent approach of relying merely on the fact that something is difficult to do as reason enough to dismiss the concern".
If you think I was, show where.

Joe, I can't help it if you habitually stretch to strawman arguments.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by foundit66; 06-28-2016 at 10:53 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #82 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2016, 11:47 PM
Jeerleader's Avatar
Counselor
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Upper Bucks County, PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 929
Thanks: 854
Thanked 1,263 Times in 587 Posts
Default Re: Court: No right to carry concealed weapons in public

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
It still shows hypocrisy though. People who fight for non-traditional marriage types on the basis of the constitution don't fight for or seem to care in many cases for rights much MORE clearly defined in the constitution (the 2nd amendment).
That's a question I have asked anti-RKBA liberals / progressives for years without any answer:

How can a right like privacy and the derivative rights; abortion, contraception, LGBTQ rights, that are recognized to exist in the "penumbras" and "emanations" of the rights secured in the Bill of Rights, be more vital and more secure than a right that is actually enumerated in the Bill of Rights?

.
__________________
Allowing an illegal border crosser to stay in the US with amnesty and start the legal immigration process
is like allowing a bank robber to go free and keep the money as long as he fills out a loan application.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jeerleader For This Useful Post:
  #83 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2017, 11:54 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 176
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Default Re: Court: No right to carry concealed weapons in public

Welcome to the land of the free.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
carry, concealed, court, public, right, weapons

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0