Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Don't Go to Chick-Fil-A, Mayor De Blasio Tells New Yorkers at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Topcat Am I the only one around who goes to restaurants and stores etc. because of the ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 05-13-2016, 11:00 AM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,167
Thanks: 807
Thanked 1,550 Times in 1,055 Posts
Default Re: Don't Go to Chick-Fil-A, Mayor De Blasio Tells New Yorkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
Am I the only one around who goes to restaurants and stores etc. because of the price and quality (taste etc.) of their merchandise rather than the politics, religion, race and planet that the owner came from etc. ?
No you're not. I like Ben and Jerry's ice cream. I don't care what their politics are. So rather than boycott them any chance I get, I enjoy their ice cream.
What people who are NOW saying it's time to drop the Chick-fil-a boycotts won't admit is that it backfired by working to Chick-fil-a's favor, even from the get-go, so it was as bad an idea for them then as it is now. Boycotts often just don't work that well, whether it's boycotting Disney, Chick-fil-a, etc. At least they're coming around to the reality better late than never.
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Shoe For This Useful Post:
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 05-13-2016, 11:05 AM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 53,307
Thanks: 2,078
Thanked 33,011 Times in 19,202 Posts
Default Re: Don't Go to Chick-Fil-A, Mayor De Blasio Tells New Yorkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd
The issue here is that it's a TAXPAID ELECTED OFFICIAL...
That's one of the issues.
And while I personally don't like his comments on the issue, isn't it free speech?
Has he broken any laws?
And where did anyone insinuate he has?...

Oh yeah...Nowhere...Total strawman argument...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 05-13-2016, 11:25 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,109
Thanks: 3,447
Thanked 4,366 Times in 3,068 Posts
Default Re: Don't Go to Chick-Fil-A, Mayor De Blasio Tells New Yorkers

[QUOTE=foundit66;815998]




Just like some on the right can't let it go that gays can get married without their approval / disapproval.



It has nothing to do with approval. Most of us say that they should be allowed the same rights, but with me I thought they should have their own name for marriage, since the definition of the word marriage is a man and a woman. I guess they wanted to blend in so they could say they are married without telling anyone they are gay. Nobody like my word "Gayrriage, or Gayrried.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 05-14-2016, 04:35 PM
BridgetRose's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TARDIS
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,411
Thanks: 1,815
Thanked 891 Times in 556 Posts
Default Re: Don't Go to Chick-Fil-A, Mayor De Blasio Tells New Yorkers

This is America, you don't have to like a lifestyle or a religion. It's not hate just because someone doesn't agree with the gay lifestyle. I'm a Non-denominational Christian, non racist, Conservative Republican, non red meat eating America so I don't agree with
Satanists
Buddhists
Hindu's
Mormons
Catholic's
Episcopalians
Islam
Mennonites,
Hutterites,
Alcoholic's and Drug addicts
Abortionists,
Democrats
Communists
Socialists
Amish
Sikhism
Darwinist's
Atheists
Agnostic's
Homosexual's
Nudists
Polytheists of all type
Prostitutes
polygamists
Consumption of cows,pig,lamb,goat...
Swingers
Strippers and scantily clad men and women of all types
NAMBLA
KKK
Black Panthers
LGBT Organization
Pride Parades
Thong and Bikini bathing suits
Whale tail
Man boobs
Jehovah Witness'
Low cut dresses...

I don't agree with all that and more but I don't try to infringe on their lively hood because I don't agree with their beliefs or lifestyle.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BridgetRose For This Useful Post:
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 05-14-2016, 04:59 PM
WallyWager's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,377
Thanks: 1,540
Thanked 8,737 Times in 5,556 Posts
Default Re: Don't Go to Chick-Fil-A, Mayor De Blasio Tells New Yorkers

The Darwinist lifestyle.

Now I'm imagining a dude living in the woods, determined to prove he's better than every animal in the vicinity, by killing and eating at least one of everything.
__________________
"There's two types of people: people that look at porn, and people that lie about it. But I wasn't looking!" -

Alex Jones
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 05-14-2016, 05:32 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,485
Thanks: 10,065
Thanked 15,213 Times in 9,221 Posts
Post Re: Don't Go to Chick-Fil-A, Mayor De Blasio Tells New Yorkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
And where did anyone insinuate he has?...
Oh yeah...Nowhere...Total strawman argument...

I guess I'll have to state the obvious then.

Your position essentially puts forth that public office officials should be censored in their free speech.


Got it now?

And like I said earlier...
I find it interesting that the right-wing has no problem making political fodder out of a group of people (e.g. gays, transgender, etc) and limiting their rights.
But advise people they shouldn't eat at a restaurant? OMG! How could they!

Some people really have their head screwed on backwards when it comes to the importance of business vs people.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man
It has nothing to do with approval.
Let me stop you right there.
For SOME, it has nothing to do with approval. And for those, I can respect your appreciation of some obvious boundaries.

For OTHERS, they put forth a b.s. pretense that allowing governmental recognition of gay marriage somehow presents "approval" of gay lifestyle, THOSE are the people I'm speaking of.
(This goes hand in hand with the b.s. pretense that selling somebody a cake somehow demonstrates approval. )


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe
What people who are NOW saying it's time to drop the Chick-fil-a boycotts won't admit is that it backfired by working to Chick-fil-a's favor...
As I pointed out earlier, the fact that Chick-fil-a dropped their support of anti-gay groups which make it their living to bash gays?
Demonstrates the boycott did NOT "backfire".
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 05-14-2016, 08:43 PM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,167
Thanks: 807
Thanked 1,550 Times in 1,055 Posts
Default Re: Don't Go to Chick-Fil-A, Mayor De Blasio Tells New Yorkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
As I pointed out earlier, the fact that Chick-fil-a dropped their support of anti-gay groups which make it their living to bash gays?
Demonstrates the boycott did NOT "backfire".
Except for the fact that their business INCREASED in the boycott shows that what you think is causal is actually not, by any degree of logic. The bottom line is that you helped Chick-fil-A's business tremendously by your boycott.

__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 05-14-2016, 08:58 PM
Lollie's Avatar
Elle qui tolère Trump
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ohio
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,076
Thanks: 14,725
Thanked 13,847 Times in 8,501 Posts
Default Re: Don't Go to Chick-Fil-A, Mayor De Blasio Tells New Yorkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetRose View Post
This is America, you don't have to like a lifestyle or a religion. It's not hate just because someone doesn't agree with the gay lifestyle. I'm a Non-denominational Christian, non racist, Conservative Republican, non red meat eating America so I don't agree with


Amish
The Amish make some damn good chicken, just sayin'.
__________________
Everyone feels benevolent if nothing happens to be annoying him at the moment.
- C.S. Lewis
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lollie For This Useful Post:
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 05-14-2016, 09:11 PM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,167
Thanks: 807
Thanked 1,550 Times in 1,055 Posts
Default Re: Don't Go to Chick-Fil-A, Mayor De Blasio Tells New Yorkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollie View Post
The Amish make some damn good chicken, just sayin'.
Seems they make good everything! I have never seen anything produced by the Amish that wasn't top notch.
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Shoe For This Useful Post:
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2016, 03:36 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,661
Thanks: 9,568
Thanked 5,810 Times in 3,926 Posts
Default Re: Don't Go to Chick-Fil-A, Mayor De Blasio Tells New Yorkers

Don't Go to the check box next the names of Mayor "Bill de Blasio" and "other city officials" is what the the New Yorkers ought to do. Maybe vote in a few Chik-fil-a franchise owners as city officials.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blasio, chickfila, dont, mayor, new, tells, yorkers

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0