Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple at the General Forum; The agency that ordered Aaron and Melissa Klein to pay $135,000 in damages for refusing to bake a cake for ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2015, 08:43 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 20,832
Thanks: 14,553
Thanked 15,879 Times in 9,091 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Quote:
The agency that ordered Aaron and Melissa Klein to pay $135,000 in damages for refusing to bake a cake for a same-sex couple began the legal process last week to seize the money the Oregon bakers are refusing to pay.
The baker's are being subjected to a huge, crippling fine to compensate the same sex couple for their disappointment. Surely this must be the finding of a court after the baker's were allowed to present a defense.

Quote:
On July 2, Brad Avakian, commissioner of the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries, ordered the Kleins to pay $135,000 for the emotional, physical, and psychological damages they caused Rachel and Laurel Bowman-Cryer for refusing to make a wedding cake.
But wait, the lesbian couple must have demanded this exorbitant payoff.

Quote:
“We didn’t have a choice in how this was prosecuted,” Rachel Bowman-Cryer said. “We didn’t have a choice in the fine. If we had been given the option, we probably would have said: ‘Just apologize. Just say you’re sorry and go away.’”

Her wife, Laurel, added, “[W]e’re not asking for anything. We’ve never asked for a penny from anybody.”

So we have a bureaucrat crushing a small business to placate gay marriage zealots, a punishment far in excess of what the injured parties wanted. Welcome to the brave new world where gay marriage zealots dictate to government bureacracy and courts.

State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Oregon Bakers
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,554
Thanks: 1,966
Thanked 13,222 Times in 8,283 Posts
Default Re: From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Two solutions to end all this nonsense if you're one of these peeps who has a prob with gay marriage.

#1 - Hang a sign sayin' a portion of all proceeds go to groups that fight for traditional marriage.

#2 - Make horrible cakes for gays. Make it bland and decorate it sloppy.

Eventually they'll stop coming to your place of business.
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2015, 08:52 PM
Lumara's Avatar
Belly Dance Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Great Smoky Mountains
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,267
Thanks: 4,780
Thanked 4,219 Times in 2,019 Posts
Default Re: From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

The lesbian couple is not blameless. They are the ones who could have simply gone to another bakery, but they insisted on making a big hairy deal out of it instead.
__________________
If you're not allowed to question it, it's not science. It's propoganda.

"Wokeness gives people a shield to be mean and cruel, armored in false virtue." - Elon Musk

"What you want to do is appropriate women, you want to appropriate womanhood and turn it into basically a costume that could be worn!" - Matt Walsh to trans activist
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lumara For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2015, 12:30 PM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,429
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,842 Posts
Default Re: From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
The baker's are being subjected to a huge, crippling fine to compensate the same sex couple for their disappointment. Surely this must be the finding of a court after the baker's were allowed to present a defense.

But wait, the lesbian couple must have demanded this exorbitant payoff.

So we have a bureaucrat crushing a small business to placate gay marriage zealots, a punishment far in excess of what the injured parties wanted. Welcome to the brave new world where gay marriage zealots dictate to government bureacracy and courts.

State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Oregon Bakers
Actually these are not compensatory damages that arguably would have been well less than $100 but instead it's punative damages and it's not being awarded because the plaintiffs are a "lesbian" couple.

The punative damages are awarded because of a blatant and gross violation of the US Constitution and Statutory Laws where the bakers violated the civil rights of a person (couple) by refusing service as a public company. Punative damages are awarded to discourage the violations of the civil rights of the person by the enterprise and by other enterprises. Compensatory damages alone would not prevent the civil rights violation.

In point of fact the bakers are lucky they weren't prosecuted for the criminal violation of the civil rights of a person (couple) because they could have ended up in prison along with paying punative damages. Of course if they continue to refuse to pay they can end up in jail for contempt of court and their property can be siezed by the court to pay the plaintiffs.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.

Last edited by ShivaTD; 10-02-2015 at 12:35 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2015, 12:37 PM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,429
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,842 Posts
Default Re: From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
The lesbian couple is not blameless. They are the ones who could have simply gone to another bakery, but they insisted on making a big hairy deal out of it instead.
If no one fights against the violations of the civil rights of the person then we will soon have no civil rights.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2015, 01:02 PM
lurch907's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alaska, the greatest place on earth.
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,078
Thanks: 1,067
Thanked 3,749 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default Re: From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
If no one fights against the violations of the civil rights of the person then we will soon have no civil rights.
Ten pounds of b.s. in a five pound bag. They aren't fighting for anything as noble as "civil rights". They have no right to access private property where they are not wanted and on top of that demand that another person serve them. They made a big deal out of this because someone dared disagree with them. Just more rights for me but not for thee liberal crap.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lurch907 For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2015, 01:08 PM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,299
Thanks: 2,822
Thanked 3,069 Times in 2,400 Posts
Default Re: From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

The business was open to the public. The business should have thought of that before they opened to the public. Why don't they care about other sins? I cannot convince myself this gay cake thing isn't anything other than simply a RW attempt to justify repealing Civil Rights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch907 View Post
Ten pounds of b.s. in a five pound bag. They aren't fighting for anything as noble as "civil rights". They have no right to access private property where they are not wanted and on top of that demand that another person serve them. They made a big deal out of this because someone dared disagree with them. Just more rights for me but not for thee liberal crap.
__________________
"I am the chosen one."

-Donald
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2015, 01:17 PM
lurch907's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alaska, the greatest place on earth.
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,078
Thanks: 1,067
Thanked 3,749 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default Re: From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
The business was open to the public. The business should have thought of that before they opened to the public. Why don't they care about other sins? I cannot convince myself this gay cake thing isn't anything other than simply a RW attempt to justify repealing Civil Rights.
The people didn't want their business open to the entire public, obviously, the law is making them and punishing them for not doing it. So much for property rights and freedom of association.
Who cares why they want to refuse service to some and not others, its not my property so its not my business. If they only want to serve blond haired asians over 6' tall, fine. If you don't like it, to f'ing bad, shop somewhere else.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2015, 02:10 PM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,299
Thanks: 2,822
Thanked 3,069 Times in 2,400 Posts
Default Re: From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Do you have a water fountain somewhere you want to hang a "whites only" sign over?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch907 View Post
The people didn't want their business open to the entire public, obviously, the law is making them and punishing them for not doing it. So much for property rights and freedom of association.
Who cares why they want to refuse service to some and not others, its not my property so its not my business. If they only want to serve blond haired asians over 6' tall, fine. If you don't like it, to f'ing bad, shop somewhere else.
__________________
"I am the chosen one."

-Donald
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Surly For This Useful Post:
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2015, 02:18 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,554
Thanks: 1,966
Thanked 13,222 Times in 8,283 Posts
Default Re: From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
Do you have a water fountain somewhere you want to hang a "whites only" sign over?
I have a "Only tall girls in short skirts" sign I wanna hang over a really short water fountain.
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bakers, cake, couple, for, from, lesbian, make, refused, who

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0