Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss The Republican Revolt at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Surly The Donald is gaining almost all his support on being sophomorically politically incorrect and repeating conservative ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2015, 05:03 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,429
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,842 Posts
Default Re: The Republican Revolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
The Donald is gaining almost all his support on being sophomorically politically incorrect and repeating conservative mantras. But think about there being a significant voting block out there that would vote for a guy who threw the Megan Kelly bleeding thing out there on national TV, while campaigning.
In one sense that's correct but the target of Trump's campaign is the disenchanted social conservative. Social conservatism is based upon maintaining or restoring the status quo from the past and the status quo in America has always been WASP Male Supremacy. Preserving and restoring WASP Make Supremacy, the status quo for America, is Trump primary agenda and that appeals to many social conservatives.

The disenchanted social conservative will over-look the fact that Trump is completely unqualified to be president so long as his policies are based upon racism and misogyny, the core values of the status quo of WASP Male Supremacy.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShivaTD For This Useful Post:
  #82 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2015, 07:06 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Western Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,666
Thanks: 7,708
Thanked 4,100 Times in 2,669 Posts
Default Re: The Republican Revolt

And if the Donald prevails you'll be eating those words on the left.

8 years of making liberal thought and action irrelevant could be your future. Take a moment and consider... So how does that feel?

Regards, Kirk
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 300 H and H For This Useful Post:
  #83 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2015, 08:04 AM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,506
Thanks: 21,953
Thanked 18,613 Times in 11,939 Posts
Default Re: The Republican Revolt

[QUOTE=ShivaTD;773953]In one sense that's correct but the target of Trump's campaign is the disenchanted social conservative. Social conservatism is based upon maintaining or restoring the status quo from the past and the status quo in America has always been WASP Male Supremacy. Preserving and restoring WASP Make Supremacy, the status quo for America, is Trump primary agenda and that appeals to many social conservatives.

The disenchanted social conservative will over-look the fact that Trump is completely unqualified to be president so long as his policies are based upon racism and misogyny, the core values of the status quo of WASP Male Supremacy.[/
QUOTE]



And almost 8 years ago the same could be said about liberals, thery elected a completely unqualified idiot to be president because his policies were based on soicialism
__________________
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrLiberty For This Useful Post:
  #84 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2015, 08:08 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,866
Thanks: 10,814
Thanked 8,719 Times in 5,161 Posts
Default Re: The Republican Revolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
Many mistakenly believe that the government should treat a budget like a person where spending is based upon revenue but that isn't the case. While a person with a large income might choose to live in a million dollar home based upon income the government can't waste revenue like that. It must prioritize spending based upon "necessity" and then secure the revenue to fund the expenditures.

For example could you imagine the US government trying to fight WW II based upon the tax revenues from 1941? That would be an absurd proposition. The necessity for the spending drove the necessity for higher revenue for the government.

Government expenditures should always be to the least extent possible to fund necessary expenditures and it should not have excess revenue to spend. It's like using the MIT Living Wage Calculator in determining the minimum income required to meet the necessary and mandatory expenditures.

Congress determines the minimum necessary expenditures and then is required to fund those expenditures. Spending less harms the nation because the Congress has determined that the expenditures are absolutely necessary for the welfare of the nation. That is the very role of Congress under the US Constitution.

In one sense though we can compare the federal government to the individual. If we're spending too much then we must seek ways to reduce spending. One way might be to refinance our mortgage or sell our home and move into a less expensive home. These would reduce our monthly mortgage payment. In the meantime we still have to pay the mortgage until that change is made. The mortgage is a "necessary expenditure" that the person has to pay. The change in the necessity for spending must occur before the spending is reduced and not the other way around.

The government can do the same thing. It can make changes that will reduce the necessary spending, such as raising the minimum wage to reduce the necessity for welfare assistance, but until that happens then the government has to pay the bills just like the person paying their mortgage.

To date not a single Republican proposal funds the authortized expenditures nor do any of their mythical budgets result in actually changing the authorized expenditures that would reduce the necessity for the revenue.

First Congress needs to balance the budget and then it can reduce the necessary spending over time by eliminating the need that makes the spending necessary.

Want to reduce welfare spending? Reduce poverty.
Want to reduce military spending? Stop using the US military as a tool of American imperialism.
Then unauthorize some of the expenditures. We ain't got the money. (repeat) We ain't got the money. The old liberal line, which has admittedly worked all too often in the past, of "give us what we want now, and we'll think about what you want later" is falling on deaf ears. The fact that if Reid had brought any of the proposals to the floor, perhaps a compromise could have been worked out. He didn't, there wasn't.

Want to reduce welfare spending? Send the illegals currently scoffing up low end jobs home, and tell those living off the government it's work or starve time. You'll also reduce incarceration expenses, schooling expenses, and solve California's water problem.

I don't think we need to be the world's policemen, but it's not used as a tool of American Imperialism.

There are millions of unneeded expenses that could be gone in 30 days if anyone in DC had the balls to do it.

People are getting it more and more, and that's the reason for the popularity of out of establishment presidential candidates.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimbo For This Useful Post:
  #85 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2015, 08:33 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,866
Thanks: 10,814
Thanked 8,719 Times in 5,161 Posts
Default Re: The Republican Revolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
In one sense that's correct but the target of Trump's campaign is the disenchanted social conservative. Social conservatism is based upon maintaining or restoring the status quo from the past and the status quo in America has always been WASP Male Supremacy. Preserving and restoring WASP Make Supremacy, the status quo for America, is Trump primary agenda and that appeals to many social conservatives.

The disenchanted social conservative will over-look the fact that Trump is completely unqualified to be president so long as his policies are based upon racism and misogyny, the core values of the status quo of WASP Male Supremacy.
You're damn right it's the disenchanted social conservative fueling the demand for stopping what is going on in the country. But it's not a return to WASP male supremacy. That's just another line regurgitated straight from the KOS and Huffpo. It's about preventing the total destruction of our country and leaving a little something for future generations.

I don't get the Trump is completely unqualified line. Of the 25 or so candidates, there are two types. Those who have been there and screwed it up, that's all the Democrats and all but two or three Republicans; and those outside the system who have exhibited strengths and successes in their chosen fields. The status quo is the 22 failures in the campaign. The present WH squatter's only experience in his lifetime was in gaming the system, and since that's all he knows, that's all he's done.

The fact that you have posted two paragraphs and managed to do nothing but recite the same tired old lines used since Roosevelt says it all.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimbo For This Useful Post:
  #86 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2015, 09:08 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,457
Thanks: 10,783
Thanked 14,775 Times in 7,978 Posts
Default Re: The Republican Revolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
In one sense that's correct but the target of Trump's campaign is the disenchanted social conservative. Social conservatism is based upon maintaining or restoring the status quo from the past and the status quo in America has always been WASP Male Supremacy. Preserving and restoring WASP Make Supremacy, the status quo for America, is Trump primary agenda and that appeals to many social conservatives.

The disenchanted social conservative will over-look the fact that Trump is completely unqualified to be president so long as his policies are based upon racism and misogyny, the core values of the status quo of WASP Male Supremacy.
WASP Male supremacy is a polite euphemism for racism. And racism still exists today because our political leaders, especially Democrats, continue to use the race card as an excuse for their own lousy legislation. "Don't vote for me because of my record, vote for me because the other guy is a racist." Let us not forget the it was Democratic KKK that fomented race hate, Jim Crow Laws and "Separate but equal" There in lies your WASP problem. Not working middle class conservatives.

It was the GOP that originated out of abolitionist. It was the GOP that fought (and still fights) for blacks 2nd amendment right (to own guns), who led the fight for voter equality and for civil rights in the sixties.

Can you say George Wallace?

The left has been very successful in changing our perception of History. But the simple truth is one cannot change actual history.



Please be honest and can the WASP demagoguery. Were it not for Conservative White Anglo Saxon men,,, AND WOMEN,, slavery might still be an American institution.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE

Last edited by FrancSevin; 09-14-2015 at 09:18 AM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #87 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2015, 09:56 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,317
Thanks: 14,729
Thanked 5,201 Times in 3,328 Posts
Default Re: The Republican Revolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
In one sense that's correct but the target of Trump's campaign is the disenchanted social conservative. Social conservatism is based upon maintaining or restoring the status quo from the past and the status quo in America has always been WASP Male Supremacy. Preserving and restoring WASP Make Supremacy, the status quo for America, is Trump primary agenda and that appeals to many social conservatives.

The disenchanted social conservative will over-look the fact that Trump is completely unqualified to be president so long as his policies are based upon racism and misogyny, the core values of the status quo of WASP Male Supremacy.
(1) I am, indeed, a "social conservative."

(2) I am not a supporter of Donald Trump.

(3) I deeply deplore both racism and misogyny.

(4) Donald Trump has, indeed, said some things that fall into these categories.

(5) I simply detest the idea of "WASP Male Supremacy."

(6) To reiterate the first point: I am a thoroughgoing "social conservative."

(7) How do you square these matters, given your premises?
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
  #88 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2015, 10:03 AM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,299
Thanks: 2,822
Thanked 3,069 Times in 2,400 Posts
Default Re: The Republican Revolt

You might detest the idea, but that doesn't change the fact it exists, it has since the founding, and it is so ingrained in our country it cannot be rationally denied. The right however often tries to pretend it doesn't exist and all the racism is from the other side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
(1) I am, indeed, a "social conservative."

(2) I am not a supporter of Donald Trump.

(3) I deeply deplore both racism and misogyny.

(4) Donald Trump has, indeed, said some things that fall into these categories.

(5) I simply detest the idea of "WASP Male Supremacy."

(6) To reiterate the first point: I am a thoroughgoing "social conservative."

(7) How do you square these matters, given your premises?
__________________
"I am the chosen one."

-Donald
Reply With Quote
  #89 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2015, 01:08 PM
CindyB's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,693
Thanks: 10,385
Thanked 5,936 Times in 3,653 Posts
Default Re: The Republican Revolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
You are a grouchy old broad. You are no fun to argue with because you are always so smug and pissy. A bit of a smart ass as well slick. Maybe you should learn to be more like DogMan. At least he and I get along while disagreeing about politics. Why the hell are you so angry all the time?
I thought this was supposed to be a debate forum, not an arguing forum.
I'm not angry, just pointing out the hypocrisy. Admittedly I am a bit abrasive at times.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Do you have links to all of this stuff?
I can post more links if you like.

Democrats: Durbin's Slander of Troops OK, But Telling Truth Is Not - Public Statements - The Voter's Self Defense System - Vote Smart

More Leftist Democratic Slander And Defamation Of Our Troops!!! :: Political News and commentaries :: Hyscience

Boston.com / News / Boston Globe / Opinion / Op-ed / Ted Kennedy's anti-American slander

Marine Sues Congressman for Slander Over Haditha Comments | Fox News

Liberal Media Cover Up Speaker Pelosi's Slander of American Troops

Phony Soldiers and Phony Senators | Human Events

Vietnam War, Part V ? How History Books Slander our Soldiers | The Other Half of History

Slandering the American Soldier | National Review Online

David Horowitz: The Democrats? Great Betrayal | Truth Revolt




Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
No, The translation is I don'y give a flying fuq about Kerry. We are now talking about trump. The old "He did it too" argument won't fly. It's a deflection.
John Kerry was brought up (in Post #23) in response to posts you made saying:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Who is us? You and your mouse? The man said what he said because he has no self control. We don't trash anyones service in my country. Case closed. Thought you were American?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
You would not make all of these excuses if it were Obama. C'mon admit it. You are simply covering for Trump. This is a line we never used to cross. It was never acceptable to trash someones service in my life. But now it seems it's fine as long as you like the guy.
You were shown that we DO trash peoples service in this country and the Left has been quite adept at it.
__________________
The Democrats are not after the truth, they are after the President.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CindyB For This Useful Post:
  #90 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2015, 11:49 PM
Lollie's Avatar
Essential Deplorable
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,914
Thanks: 15,732
Thanked 14,772 Times in 9,007 Posts
Default Re: The Republican Revolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post

The disenchanted social conservative will over-look the fact that Trump is completely unqualified to be president so long as his policies are based upon racism and misogyny, the core values of the status quo of WASP Male Supremacy.
I watched a bit of Trump in Dallas on CNN this evening while on my break at work.
I can't say he's starting to grow on me, but I watched him speak for almost 20 minutes.
Some of the things he says I am agreeing with.
Oh and he mentioned his hair.
I think that's the first time I've ever heard him do that.
It was funny.
If he intends to take his campaign into winning, I think he stands a good chance now based on the reaction from the crowd.
He's not quite the jerk I thought him to be, to be honest, but he needs to work a little bit on his charm without doing harm to those out there who would consider voting for him.
The fact that he likes Ben Carson and doesn't pick on him much is an added plus in my book.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
republican, revolt, the

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0