Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Did George Zimmerman Get Away With Murder? at the General Forum; The media are reporting that a juror says Zimmerman is guilty of murder. That’s not true. By William Saletan|Posted Friday, ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2013, 06:43 PM
40yearfan's Avatar
Easy Living
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ.
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,970
Thanks: 2,617
Thanked 3,963 Times in 2,718 Posts
Default Did George Zimmerman Get Away With Murder?

The media are reporting that a juror says Zimmerman is guilty of murder. That’s not true.
By William Saletan|Posted Friday, July 26, 2013, at 1:27 PM

Quote:
Did George Zimmerman get away with murder? That’s what one of his jurors says, according to headlines in the New York Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, and dozens of other newspapers. Trayvon Martin’s mother and the Martin family’s attorney are trumpeting this “new information” as proof that “George Zimmerman literally got away with murder.”

The reports are based on an ABC News interview with Juror B29, the sole nonwhite juror. She has identified herself only by her first name, Maddy. She’s been framed as the woman who was bullied out of voting to convict Zimmerman. But that’s not true. She stands by the verdict. She yielded to the evidence and the law, not to bullying. She thinks Zimmerman was morally culpable but not legally guilty. And she wants us to distinguish between this trial and larger questions of race and justice.

ABC News hasn’t posted a full unedited video or transcript of the interview. The video that has been broadcast—on World News Tonight, Nightline, and Good Morning America—has been cut and spliced in different ways, often so artfully that the transitions appear continuous. So beware what you’re seeing. But the video that’s available already shows, on closer inspection, that Maddy has been manipulated and misrepresented. Here are the key points.
Did George Zimmerman get away with murder? No. Juror B29 is being framed. - Slate Magazine
__________________
__________________________________________
We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2013, 08:51 PM
joec's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Russell Springs, Kentucky
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,869
Thanks: 65
Thanked 1,246 Times in 874 Posts
Default Re: Did George Zimmerman Get Away With Murder?

Actually he did and that is a simple fact. The law protected him however but even with that he still got away with it.
__________________
Joe

I used to be Apathetic. But Now I Just Don't Care.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2013, 10:34 PM
Bodhisattva
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Zealand
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,272
Thanks: 678
Thanked 407 Times in 322 Posts
Default Re: Did George Zimmerman Get Away With Murder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec View Post
Actually he did and that is a simple fact. The law protected him however but even with that he still got away with it.
The fact is that he did not get away with murder.

The fact is that he did get away with killing a person.

Murder is the per-meditated killing of another person.

Murder occurs when one human being unlawfully kills another human being.

Murder | LII / Legal Information Institute
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BodiSatva For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,218
Thanks: 822
Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,080 Posts
Default Re: Did George Zimmerman Get Away With Murder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodiSatva View Post
The fact is that he did not get away with murder.

The fact is that he did get away with killing a person.

Murder is the per-meditated killing of another person.

Murder occurs when one human being unlawfully kills another human being.

Murder | LII / Legal Information Institute
Correct; as you say, he got away with KILLING a person. Of course he killed him--it was self-defense. It is not uncommon for people to have to kill out of self-defense.
Murder is a legal categorization. He was found not guilty of that, and one can't have "gotten away" with something they aren't guilty of doing.
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Shoe For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2013, 10:50 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,071
Thanks: 1,599
Thanked 3,068 Times in 2,073 Posts
Default Re: Did George Zimmerman Get Away With Murder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec View Post
Actually he did and that is a simple fact. The law protected him however but even with that he still got away with it.
He got away with defending himself. If he hadn't Martin would be the one in prison for murder. Overall everything worked out as it should have.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AzMike For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2013, 10:52 PM
40yearfan's Avatar
Easy Living
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ.
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,970
Thanks: 2,617
Thanked 3,963 Times in 2,718 Posts
Default Re: Did George Zimmerman Get Away With Murder?

I don't know if anyone noticed it, but ABC doctored the tape to make it look like the gal said he was guilty of murder. That was not the juror's intention. Once again, MSM lying to push their agenda.
__________________
__________________________________________
We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 40yearfan For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2013, 11:10 PM
CindyB's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,789
Thanks: 10,700
Thanked 5,999 Times in 3,695 Posts
Default Re: Did George Zimmerman Get Away With Murder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40yearfan View Post
I don't know if anyone noticed it, but ABC doctored the tape to make it look like the gal said he was guilty of murder. That was not the juror's intention. Once again, MSM lying to push their agenda.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2013, 11:15 PM
Guide
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Outer space mentally Chicago suburbs Physically
Gender: Female
Posts: 379
Thanks: 9
Thanked 193 Times in 127 Posts
Default Re: Did George Zimmerman Get Away With Murder?

I hope the juror sues ABC.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-29-2013, 01:54 AM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,381
Thanks: 2,468
Thanked 39,634 Times in 21,994 Posts
Default Re: Did George Zimmerman Get Away With Murder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec View Post
Actually he did and that is a simple fact. The law protected him however but even with that he still got away with it.
That's your opinion, and it's ll your to have...

HOWEVER, this thread is about how ABC EDITED the tape to make it appear the juror said things in a certain way to change the context...The very same way NBC edited Zimmerman's 911 call...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-29-2013, 07:20 AM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,299
Thanks: 2,822
Thanked 3,069 Times in 2,400 Posts
Default Re: Did George Zimmerman Get Away With Murder?

“I stand by the decision because of the law. If I stand by the decision because of my heart, he would have been guilty.” At one point, she says that “the evidence shows he’s guilty.” Roberts presses her: “He’s guilty of?” Maddy answers: “Killing Trayvon Martin. But as the law was read to me, if you have no proof that he killed him intentionally, you can’t say he’s guilty.” That’s the distinction she’s trying to draw here: Killing is one thing. Murder or manslaughter is another.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
away, did, george, get, murder, with, zimmerman

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0