Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Home Invasion caught on Nanny Cam at the General Forum; Originally Posted by CindyB This is why: 1. Have you door swing OUT, home invaders can't kick a door OUT. ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,071
Thanks: 1,599
Thanked 3,068 Times in 2,073 Posts
Default Re: Home Invasion caught on Nanny Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post
This is why:

1. Have you door swing OUT, home invaders can't kick a door OUT.

2. Arm yourself and shoot to kill
Actually doors don't swing out because the hinges are exposed and they can just have the pins knocked out and you're in. Best to remove the trim on the outside on the latch side and run a 3' long piece of flat steel 1 1/2" wide across the latching point with plenty of screws. It keeps the wood from splitting.

Shoot to kill without hesitation is the key. Hesitate with a guy like this and he'll kill you with your own weapon. You best start putting holes in him until your gun is empty the moment you see him trying to kick the door in.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2013, 07:23 PM
CindyB's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,580
Thanks: 10,055
Thanked 5,819 Times in 3,594 Posts
Default Re: Home Invasion caught on Nanny Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzMike View Post
Actually doors don't swing out because the hinges are exposed and they can just have the pins knocked out and you're in. Best to remove the trim on the outside on the latch side and run a 3' long piece of flat steel 1 1/2" wide across the latching point with plenty of screws. It keeps the wood from splitting.

Shoot to kill without hesitation is the key. Hesitate with a guy like this and he'll kill you with your own weapon. You best start putting holes in him until your gun is empty the moment you see him trying to kick the door in.
I'm in the Door Business, Commercial Doors/Frame/Hdwe 30 years and counting.
You buy Non-Removable Pin Hinges.
Best application - Welded 16 Gage Steel Frames
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Awahso's Avatar
Future Pig
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,023
Thanks: 964
Thanked 1,456 Times in 836 Posts
Default Re: Home Invasion caught on Nanny Cam

The problem with the gun argument is that most people aren't packing 24/7. If you watch the video she is taken completely by surprise and off guard. Even if she had a gun on her hip there is no way she would have been able to grab it in time.
__________________
"In Honor There Is Hope"

Canada born, Georgia raised.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2013, 06:52 AM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,554
Thanks: 1,966
Thanked 13,208 Times in 8,270 Posts
Default Re: Home Invasion caught on Nanny Cam

The TV needs to be turned to the right because the glare makes it hard to enjoy the cartoon.

Yeah the ****head needs to be used as target practice.
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2013, 09:00 AM
Cityboy's Avatar
Former Conservative
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 664
Thanks: 172
Thanked 195 Times in 152 Posts
Default Re: Home Invasion caught on Nanny Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awahso View Post
The problem with the gun argument is that most people aren't packing 24/7. If you watch the video she is taken completely by surprise and off guard. Even if she had a gun on her hip there is no way she would have been able to grab it in time.
Excellent point. I was thinking the same thing. If you are sitting relaxed on the couch and a home invader kicks the door in and comes right at you like he did this lady, there's not much you can do unless you had the weapon in your hand and the presence of mind to use it. Or if someone else was with you that could get to a weapon quickly.

Deterrence and preventive measures are your best bet most of the time.
__________________
Do you Remember when teachers, public employees, Planned Parenthood, NPR and PBS crashed the stock market, wiped out half of our 401Ks, took trillions in TARP money, gave themselves billions in bonuses, and paid no taxes? Yeah.. Me Neither.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,113
Thanks: 681
Thanked 6,977 Times in 4,993 Posts
Default Re: Home Invasion caught on Nanny Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Excellent point. I was thinking the same thing. If you are sitting relaxed on the couch and a home invader kicks the door in and comes right at you like he did this lady, there's not much you can do unless you had the weapon in your hand and the presence of mind to use it. Or if someone else was with you that could get to a weapon quickly.

Deterrence and preventive measures are your best bet most of the time.
The best thing to do indeed is to train all able people in the house in the use of weapons, and how to act during an intruder attack. Drum it into their heads which of these they prefer: buried by six people, or judged by twelve. Don't allow the Kumbaya Pollyannas to convince you that you are acting paranoic.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Cityboy's Avatar
Former Conservative
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 664
Thanks: 172
Thanked 195 Times in 152 Posts
Default Re: Home Invasion caught on Nanny Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
The best thing to do indeed is to train all able people in the house in the use of weapons, and how to act during an intruder attack. Drum it into their heads which of these they prefer: buried by six people, or judged by twelve. Don't allow the Kumbaya Pollyannas to convince you that you are acting paranoic.
Which toddler should that woman have trained?
__________________
Do you Remember when teachers, public employees, Planned Parenthood, NPR and PBS crashed the stock market, wiped out half of our 401Ks, took trillions in TARP money, gave themselves billions in bonuses, and paid no taxes? Yeah.. Me Neither.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,113
Thanks: 681
Thanked 6,977 Times in 4,993 Posts
Default Re: Home Invasion caught on Nanny Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Which toddler should that woman have trained?
I said all ABLE people. I write short, brief posts, so that those below a seventh grade level education can quickly understand what I post. Please take advantage of it. It's free.

In the case of someone with young, immature charges living there, like, say, babies or toddlers, or even pre-pubertal tykes, you first, Cityboy. What would you have done? I myself know.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2013, 03:09 PM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 37,487
Thanks: 19,199
Thanked 10,923 Times in 8,519 Posts
Default Re: Home Invasion caught on Nanny Cam

Very sad, and very disturbing..

What ever this seems to be where the world is going, harsh, brutal, non caring to the extreme..
Forcing ones evil will on others... The world is domed, IMHO.
__________________


Improvise - Adapt - Over Come...
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Cityboy's Avatar
Former Conservative
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 664
Thanks: 172
Thanked 195 Times in 152 Posts
Default Re: Home Invasion caught on Nanny Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
What would you have done? I myself know.
In reality, all I could do is fight like hell if he was on me before I could get my hands on a gun. Pick up a lamp or anything I could find - stick my fingers as deep in his eye sockets as they would go - bite his nose off. Whatever it takes to survive.

So what would you do tough guy?
__________________
Do you Remember when teachers, public employees, Planned Parenthood, NPR and PBS crashed the stock market, wiped out half of our 401Ks, took trillions in TARP money, gave themselves billions in bonuses, and paid no taxes? Yeah.. Me Neither.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cam, caught, home, invasion, nanny

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0