Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Oil storage tanks destroyed in Texas; 2 injured at the General Forum; Well gas might just rise a bit more as this oil storage is destroyed. And several workers were injured. .. ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2013, 04:50 PM
mlurp's Avatar
INDEPENDENT
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,563
Thanks: 14,285
Thanked 7,670 Times in 6,037 Posts
Default Oil storage tanks destroyed in Texas; 2 injured

Well gas might just rise a bit more as this oil storage is destroyed. And several workers were injured.

Quote:
..Oil storage tanks destroyed in Texas; 2 injured

Associated Press 1 hr 48 mins ago.. .


VAN, Texas (AP) Authorities say two people are injured, one critically, after an oil storage tank exploded at a facility in East Texas.

Van Zandt County Emergency Management Coordinator Chuck Allen says firefighters began battling the blaze around 3 a.m. Tuesday at the oil storage facility in Van, about 75 miles east of Dallas.

Allen says the two people injured were smoking on top of a storage tank when it exploded. The flames then spread to other tanks.

Both victims are 24 years old. Allen says one is on life support. Both were taken to a Dallas hospital for treatment of their burns.

Three of the facility's six oil storage tanks were destroyed and three others damaged. The blaze was extinguished shortly after 9:30 a.m.
Oil storage tanks destroyed in Texas; 2 injured - Yahoo! News

677 comments.
__________________
"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... One is by sword... The other is by debt."

John Adams 1826
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mlurp For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2013, 11:39 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,071
Thanks: 1,599
Thanked 3,064 Times in 2,070 Posts
Default Re: Oil storage tanks destroyed in Texas; 2 injured

Quote:
Allen says the two people injured were smoking on top of a storage tank when it exploded.
Just a wild f*cking guess but I'm pretty sure that's why you aren't allowed to smoke while sitting on thousands of gallons of gas.

WTF?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AzMike For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2013, 12:01 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: in the natural state
Posts: 50,462
Thanks: 37,279
Thanked 19,425 Times in 13,388 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Oil storage tanks destroyed in Texas; 2 injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzMike View Post
Just a wild f*cking guess but I'm pretty sure that's why you aren't allowed to smoke while sitting on thousands of gallons of gas.

WTF?
thought you were against regulation...
__________________
I have used this for several years, switched but always came back. It halts suspicious buggies immediately then gives me the option to allow the site/download. http://www.avast.com/get/BOijFDsr
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,071
Thanks: 1,599
Thanked 3,064 Times in 2,070 Posts
Default Re: Oil storage tanks destroyed in Texas; 2 injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
thought you were against regulation...
Not being for excessive regulation doesn't mean being for stupid.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AzMike For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2013, 01:09 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: in the natural state
Posts: 50,462
Thanks: 37,279
Thanked 19,425 Times in 13,388 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Oil storage tanks destroyed in Texas; 2 injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzMike View Post
Not being for excessive regulation doesn't mean being for stupid.
Some people do stupid stuff ; that's why we have regulations.
__________________
I have used this for several years, switched but always came back. It halts suspicious buggies immediately then gives me the option to allow the site/download. http://www.avast.com/get/BOijFDsr
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2013, 01:37 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,071
Thanks: 1,599
Thanked 3,064 Times in 2,070 Posts
Default Re: Oil storage tanks destroyed in Texas; 2 injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Some people do stupid stuff ; that's why we have regulations.
No, we need regulations when common sense isn't obvious. Usually in very complicated situations.

Not lighting a fire on top of a gas tank is common sense. If you need a f*cking law to tell you that you're an idiot.

This is why we are failing as a society. People actually need a written and government enforced law to not be a moron? We are no longer regulating need for the incredibly stupid but we need to micro manage the f*cking retards.

Don't make toast in the bath tub, don't stick a fork in a wall socket, don't stick your dick in a blender, don't spill hot coffee on your p*ssy and don't light a smoke while standing on top of thousands of gallons of gas. Yet we actually have to warn people not to do these things. And if we don't then they can sue for millions of dollars and win the lawsuit.

We have allowed too many stupid people to survive and win mass amounts of money because they were stupid.

Let the stupid people die, it will relieve the pressure of the rest of us from having to protect them. In the end the dumb ones will have killed themselves off long before getting a job at a refinery and we won't have a problem with the stupid any longer.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AzMike For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2013, 01:48 AM
Jackass master's Avatar
Tired old ass
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: on top of the mountain
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,220
Thanks: 1,833
Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,405 Posts
Default Re: Oil storage tanks destroyed in Texas; 2 injured

Another example of cleansing the gene pool.
__________________
I don't have much ammo, but will gladly waste some on you!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackass master For This Useful Post:
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2013, 11:30 AM
rivrrat's Avatar
Queen of Awesomeness
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Charlottesville
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,254
Thanks: 3,173
Thanked 10,159 Times in 5,812 Posts
Default Re: Oil storage tanks destroyed in Texas; 2 injured

Darwin award?
__________________


There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him. ~ Robert Heinlein

Gypsy Soul Memories
Scuba Diver Life
My YouTube Channel
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rivrrat For This Useful Post:
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2013, 11:37 AM
catusfelidae's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,065
Thanks: 3,633
Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,241 Posts
Default Re: Oil storage tanks destroyed in Texas; 2 injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzMike View Post
No, we need regulations when common sense isn't obvious. Usually in very complicated situations.

Not lighting a fire on top of a gas tank is common sense. If you need a f*cking law to tell you that you're an idiot.

This is why we are failing as a society. People actually need a written and government enforced law to not be a moron? We are no longer regulating need for the incredibly stupid but we need to micro manage the f*cking retards.

Don't make toast in the bath tub, don't stick a fork in a wall socket, don't stick your dick in a blender, don't spill hot coffee on your p*ssy and don't light a smoke while standing on top of thousands of gallons of gas. Yet we actually have to warn people not to do these things. And if we don't then they can sue for millions of dollars and win the lawsuit.

We have allowed too many stupid people to survive and win mass amounts of money because they were stupid.

Let the stupid people die, it will relieve the pressure of the rest of us from having to protect them. In the end the dumb ones will have killed themselves off long before getting a job at a refinery and we won't have a problem with the stupid any longer.
There's a water park not far from me and the top of every slide is 'guarded' by a lifeguard who stops you from sliding too soon.

Hubby and I went to the same type of water park in Cancun. No life guards. You do something stupid and hurt yourself, it's your own damn fault. TRY and sue them.

The one in Cancun also had a kick azz bar!
__________________
Never annoy a cat. We like our meals hot and bleeding.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to catusfelidae For This Useful Post:
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2013, 12:33 PM
mlurp's Avatar
INDEPENDENT
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,563
Thanks: 14,285
Thanked 7,670 Times in 6,037 Posts
Default Re: Oil storage tanks destroyed in Texas; 2 injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
Darwin award?


rivrrat I should have given that some thought, hey.

Well it got some fine responses, yet I was hoping for more of them. I am sure our Guest Readers enjoyed the replies.

To the Guests, for coming to PW for our wit, sparkling conversation and shared dialog between all sides.

Now if they can do this in DC we will make gains & overcome obstacles by working together instead of trying to crush each party.
__________________
"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... One is by sword... The other is by debt."

John Adams 1826
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
destroyed, injured, oil, storage, tanks, texas

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0