Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   News & Current Events (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/news-current-events/)
-   -   Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/news-current-events/29995-porn-industry-ponders-new-condom-law-los-angeles.html)

dabateman 11-16-2012 02:21 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rivrrat
No, it's not the point at all. Not in the slightest. It's nowhere near the point. And it's sad that you are unable to see that. /shrug

Ignoring all your pointless ramblings, it boils down to this.

The industry has an obligation to provide the safest working environment possible for their employees. You, with your head up your rear protected your entire life by these sort of regulations, disagree. Well I'm glad you have the luxury to do so. Without these sort of regulations, you and your menagerie of oddball jobs would have been dead years ago.

rivrrat 11-16-2012 02:25 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dabateman (Post 497353)
Ignoring all your pointless ramblings, it boils down to this.

The industry has an obligation to provide the safest working environment possible for their employees.

The industry SHOULD do that, yes. But whether or not they do is up to them. The govt need not be involved.

Quote:

You, with your head up your rear protected your entire life by these sort of regulations, disagree. Well I'm glad you have the luxury to do so. Without these sort of regulations, you and your menagerie of oddball jobs would have been dead years ago.
Unlikely, since I'm smart enough to take care of myself and use safety equipment when necessary without the government forcing me to. I don't need a nanny government, most people don't.

dabateman 11-16-2012 02:27 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rivrrat (Post 497355)
The industry SHOULD do that, yes. But whether or not they do is up to them. The govt need not be involved.

It's not up to them. That's the point.

Quote:

Unlikely, since I'm smart enough to take care of myself and use safety equipment when necessary without the government forcing me to. I don't need a nanny government, most people don't.
The only reason you even have safety equipment is because the government forces the creation by holding businesses accountable for unacceptable risks.

rivrrat 11-16-2012 02:29 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dabateman (Post 497358)
It's not up to them. That's the point.

it should be. THAT is the point. It should be up to the individuals.

Quote:

The only reason you even have safety equipment is because the government forces the creation by holding businesses accountable for unacceptable risks.
I have no idea what the **** you're talking about but it doesn't apply to me.

dabateman 11-16-2012 02:34 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rivrrat (Post 497360)
it should be. THAT is the point. It should be up to the individuals.

It should never be up to the individual (business) to allow unreasonable risks of their greatest asset (employees).

Quote:

I have no idea what the **** you're talking about but it doesn't apply to me.
You have no idea what I'm talking about and yet you insist it doesn't apply to you. This is how dense you've become on these arguments.

The government holds companies accountable for unsafe working conditions. This forces the companies to develop safety rules and equipment. Without being forced to develop the equipment, you wouldn't have any safety equipment to use to do your scuba or skydiving or prostitution or whatever other extreme job you're sporting this week.

rivrrat 11-16-2012 02:39 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dabateman (Post 497364)
It should never be up to the individual (business) to allow unreasonable risks of their greatest asset (employees).

Yes, it should be.

Quote:

You have no idea what I'm talking about and yet you insist it doesn't apply to you. This is how dense you've become on these arguments.
Apparently you are too dense to comprehend colloquialisms

Quote:

The government holds companies accountable for unsafe working conditions. This forces the companies to develop safety rules and equipment. Without being forced to develop the equipment, you wouldn't have any safety equipment to use to do your scuba or skydiving or prostitution or whatever other extreme job you're sporting this week.
LMFAO Yes of course, because nothing EVER gets done without the government making it happen! :rolls

Gimme a ****ing break. Like I said, I don't know wtf you're talking about and neither do you. Contrary to what you believe, individuals do actually make things without the government forcing them to. And, they do create their own safety guidelines and rules sans the government (see scuba diving, whitewater, and prostitution for that matter)

faithful_servant 11-16-2012 02:53 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dabateman (Post 497076)
If you carry it in your blood, it's not "cured".



So again, it goes back to the stupid "we don't need respirators for miners, they can choose to go in there without them" argument.

So I still have the mumps???

rivrrat 11-16-2012 03:00 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by faithful_servant (Post 497373)
So I still have the mumps???

and chicken pox ;)

dabateman 11-16-2012 03:05 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by faithful_servant (Post 497373)
So I still have the mumps???

You do. Acute infection is different than infection generally.

dabateman 11-16-2012 03:05 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rivrrat (Post 497375)
and chicken pox ;)

He does... that often transforms into shingles. ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0