Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   News & Current Events (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/news-current-events/)
-   -   Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/news-current-events/29995-porn-industry-ponders-new-condom-law-los-angeles.html)

Mikeyy 11-13-2012 03:03 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AzMike (Post 496060)
Great, the hall monitor decided to show up and save everyone.

I do what I can:D

faithful_servant 11-13-2012 03:05 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AzMike (Post 496053)
You spend far too much time working yourself into a tizzy over what other people do. Try this, go about your day like you are the only person you need to worry about. If you have sex use a condom, if you watch porn use whatever you think you need. Don't worry about other people having sex or watching porn you may not like just relax and enjoy your day. You can rest assured IP is going to be just fine without your meddling. He doesn't need your help.

But IP is poor lost soul who doesn't know that he's supposed to be a flaming liberal. Without sd and cat slapping him around for thinking by himself, how is he ever going to see the error of his ways and buy a full rainbow colored set of assless chaps, 32 feather boas, a lifetime subscription to the Liza Minelli channel and change his voter registration to "I'm gay, of course I'm a Democrat"?

:nahnah:nahnah:nahnah

sky dancer 11-13-2012 03:06 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AzMike (Post 496053)
You spend far too much time working yourself into a tizzy over what other people do. Try this, go about your day like you are the only person you need to worry about. If you have sex use a condom, if you watch porn use whatever you think you need. Don't worry about other people having sex or watching porn you may not like just relax and enjoy your day. You can rest assured IP is going to be just fine without your meddling. He doesn't need your help.

First of all, I didn't vote on this measure because I don't live in LA.

I actually respect IP for supporting condom use and finding it sexy when porn stars wear them.

AzMike 11-13-2012 03:08 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by faithful_servant (Post 496069)
But IP is poor lost soul who doesn't know that he's supposed to be a flaming liberal. Without sd and cat slapping him around for thinking by himself, how is he ever going to see the error of his ways and buy a full rainbow colored set of assless chaps, 32 feather boas, a lifetime subscription to the Liza Minelli channel and change his voter registration to "I'm gay, of course I'm a Democrat"?

:nahnah:nahnah:nahnah

:funny I laughed, out loud, for real.

Manitou 11-13-2012 03:13 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sky dancer (Post 496070)
I actually respect IP for supporting condom use and finding it sexy when porn stars wear them.

Okay, but I'm hetero, and I don't find anything sexy about a guy's penis or what he wears on it. So that's moot.:D

AzMike 11-13-2012 03:21 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manitou (Post 496077)
Okay, but I'm hetero, and I don't find anything sexy about a guy's penis or what he wears on it. So that's moot.:D

They should have made waxing the vag the law. Big old hairy...there's a decoration nobody wants to see. Can't hit the exit button fast enough when I run across that.

Awahso 11-13-2012 03:36 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sky dancer
I think someone who knowingly has sex while HIV positive should be prosecuted.

They are prosecuted in the State of Georgia if someone knowingly infects another with HIV/AIDS, or does not disclose that he or she has the disease prior to sexual conduct or sharing needles. It is a felony punishable up to 10 years in prison.

Mikeyy 11-13-2012 04:10 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manitou (Post 496077)
Okay, but I'm hetero, and I don't find anything sexy about a guy's penis or what he wears on it. So that's moot.:D

How can you love guns and not respect a penis:D

Mikeyy 11-13-2012 04:11 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AzMike (Post 496082)
They should have made waxing the vag the law. Big old hairy...there's a decoration nobody wants to see. Can't hit the exit button fast enough when I run across that.

You mean on the interenet?:D

AzMike 11-13-2012 05:15 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyy (Post 496103)
You mean on the interenet?:D

The number one priority of the internet, deliver porn. :D

jamesrage 11-13-2012 09:31 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Comet (Post 495687)
What say you? Should pornographic actors be required to wear condoms or is this an overstep of law?



Read more: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles | Fox News


The only difference between a porn star and a prostitute is that one is being filmed.If regular prostitution was legal I am sure the government would be requiring males to wear a condom so why should a male porn star be any different.

AzMike 11-13-2012 10:16 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesrage (Post 496153)
The only difference between a porn star and a prostitute is that one is being filmed.If regular prostitution was legal I am sure the government would be requiring males to wear a condom so why should a male porn star be any different.

Why the hell do we need government involved at all should be the question.

sky dancer 11-13-2012 10:28 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AzMike (Post 496161)
Why the hell do we need government involved at all should be the question.

Because you're too stupid to wear a condom?

dabateman 11-13-2012 10:32 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by faithful_servant (Post 495788)
So how would you handle an actor/actress who requires that their male partner be protected at all times, but then the guy "ungloves" at the last moment? Should this be considered a form of assault or just grounds for firing and a possible lawsuit??

It already is a form of assault...

1069 11-13-2012 10:37 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rivrrat (Post 495769)
Of course. People can't be allowed to think for themselves.

It's not about that.
When there are actors willing to go without protection, and when it's legal that they do so, actors who insist on protection will not be able to find work.
They are coerced into having unprotected sex, because there is not a market for actors who have protected sex... or if there is it's a very small niche market.
Considering that most of the women in porn are between eighteen and twenty-one years old, yes, I do support such a law. They're just kids, really, and given a choice of course most of them would prefer to protect themselves. But they are not currently given a choice by the industry.

AzMike 11-13-2012 10:45 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sky dancer (Post 496163)
Because you're too stupid to wear a condom?

And that's pretty much the difference we have. YOU want to control what I can do due to your preconceived notion that you know better than I do how to live my life.

You in your ever prescient knowledge of how things work have decided to take it upon yourself to tell me how I need to have sex. What insurance I need to have. What kind of car to drive. And on and on.

How about you just STFU and leave me alone? I'm not telling you how to live your life because I don't care how you do it. Why do you feel the need to save me from me? I would rather live life without you. I don't really give a sh*t what your opinion is.

rivrrat 11-13-2012 10:46 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1069 (Post 496165)
It's not about that.
When there are actors willing to go without protection, and when it's legal that they do so, actors who insist on protection will not be able to find work.
They are coerced into having unprotected sex, because there is not a market for actors who have protected sex... or if there is it's a very small niche market.
Considering that most of the women in porn are between eighteen and twenty-one years old, yes, I do support such a law. They're just kids, really, and given a choice of course most of them would prefer to protect themselves. But they are not currently given a choice by the industry.

then they should find a different industry to work in

1069 11-13-2012 10:48 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rivrrat (Post 496170)
then they should find a different industry to work in

Why should they?
They have a right to work in adult film if they want to, and they have a right to safe workplace conditions like everybody else who works in a legal industry.

AzMike 11-13-2012 10:52 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1069 (Post 496165)
It's not about that.
When there are actors willing to go without protection, and when it's legal that they do so, actors who insist on protection will not be able to find work.
They are coerced into having unprotected sex, because there is not a market for actors who have protected sex... or if there is it's a very small niche market.
Considering that most of the women in porn are between eighteen and twenty-one years old, yes, I do support such a law. They're just kids, really, and given a choice of course most of them would prefer to protect themselves. But they are not currently given a choice by the industry.

Seriously? You're thinking you will through government intervention and somehow create a new porn market using condoms?

AzMike 11-13-2012 10:55 PM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1069 (Post 496171)
Why should they?
They have a right to work in adult film if they want to, and they have a right to safe workplace conditions like everybody else who works in a legal industry.

A right to work in the porn industry? Are you f*cking kidding me?

GottaGo 11-14-2012 08:42 AM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1069 (Post 496171)
Why should they?
They have a right to work in adult film if they want to, and they have a right to safe workplace conditions like everybody else who works in a legal industry.

Nobody has a 'right' to work in any particular industry. You 'earn' the privilege to work in an industry.
It is convoluted thinking such as this that has caused many of the ecomonic and social issues of today... people thinking they have the 'right' to something, usually at someone else's expense, rather than understanding they actually have to earn it.

You have the right to life, liberty and the PURSUIT of happiness.

Manitou 11-14-2012 08:56 AM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyy (Post 496102)
How can you love guns and not respect a penis:D

I respect mine, both guns and penis. I certainly don't care about what the other guy has, or with what he decorates his.;)

Manitou 11-14-2012 08:59 AM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AzMike (Post 496082)
They should have made waxing the vag the law. Big old hairy...there's a decoration nobody wants to see. Can't hit the exit button fast enough when I run across that.

You reminded me of a book that contains an African saying among women. The mother advises her daughter to not marry a man who does not like to eat the durian.:D

rivrrat 11-14-2012 09:31 AM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1069 (Post 496171)
Why should they?
They have a right to work in adult film if they want to, and they have a right to safe workplace conditions like everybody else who works in a legal industry.

They do not have the right to work in adult film. They have the FREEDOM to do so. If they don't like what's required of them, they are likewise free not to work in the adult film industry. Some jobs are high risk, and different risky jobs have different risks. A soldier in theater isn't going to have "safe workplace conditions like everyone else who works in a legal industry." That's a given. They accept that risk. And if they don't wish to accept that risk, they can choose not to be a soldier.

sky dancer 11-14-2012 10:03 AM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
They "accept the risk"? Why should they? Construction workers wear hardhats, cops wear bullet proof vests.

Why should one industry be legally less safe than all others?

Anyone having anal or oral sex with strangers should be protected from STD transmission. Wearing a condom isn't the be all and end all of the entire porn industry. Some porn companies already make this a requirement for their employees.

rivrrat 11-14-2012 10:06 AM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sky dancer (Post 496237)
They "accept the risk"? Why should they? Construction workers wear hardhats, cops wear bullet proof vests.

Why should one industry be legally less safe than all others?

Because it's the nature of work. Not all jobs are the same. They have different levels of risk and different types of risk. No matter WHAT you do, working in construction isn't going to be as safe as working as a secretary. Simple fact. And sorry, but that's perfectly legal and necessary.

sky dancer 11-14-2012 10:08 AM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Construction work isn't as safe as office work, but that doesn't mean a construction worker should take safety precautions and wear a helmut.

The porn industry appears to be legal, and for that reason, they should have standards. When sex work is legalized, safety precautions will be standardized.

Compulsory use of condoms for vaginal and anal sex is a minimum safety standard. To do otherwise, is to abuse the sex worker.

rivrrat 11-14-2012 10:10 AM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Anyone having anal or oral sex with strangers should be protected from STD transmission.
Anyone having sex should choose for themselves if they wish to use protection.

Quote:

Wearing a condom isn't the be all and end all of the entire porn industry. Some porn companies already make this a requirement for their employees.
And that is their choice to do so, as it should be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky dancer (Post 496241)
Construction work isn't as safe as office work, but that doesn't mean a construction worker should take safety precautions and wear a helmut.

The workers and/or the company should make those choices.

sky dancer 11-14-2012 10:13 AM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Just because one person has a death wish and is unwilling to use protection doesn't mean the other wants to assume the same risk.

Suicide is a choice, murder is not.

I understand the objection some sex workers have to the use of condoms is that the ejaculate can be used as evidence when a crime occurs. Some sex workers are opposed to using condoms out of fear of arrest.

rivrrat 11-14-2012 10:17 AM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sky dancer (Post 496244)
Just because one person has a death wish and is unwilling to use protection doesn't mean the other wants to assume the same risk.

Suicide is a choice, murder is not.

This makes no sense. No one is being murdered. The individuals involved are willing participants and each make choices for themselves. Nothing is forced on anyone.

sky dancer 11-14-2012 10:21 AM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
I understand your point on personal freedom and responsibility. You don't understand mine. LA citizens passed this bill. The porn industry needs to change.

rivrrat 11-14-2012 10:25 AM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sky dancer (Post 496247)
I understand your point on personal freedom and responsibility. You don't understand mine. LA citizens passed this bill. The porn industry needs to change.

Oh no, I completely understand your point. You (and the citizens of LA) do not believe in individual freedom and responsibility and instead put your faith and trust in big government to come and save us all from ourselves.

I hope the porn industry packs up and moves elsewhere.

sky dancer 11-14-2012 10:27 AM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rivrrat (Post 496250)
Oh no, I completely understand your point. You (and the citizens of LA) do not believe in individual freedom and responsibility and instead put your faith and trust in big government to come and save us all from ourselves.

I hope the porn industry packs up and moves elsewhere.

Sex workers have relatively high numbers of sexual partners. This in itself does not necessarily increase their likelihood of becoming infected with HIV – if they use condoms consistently and correctly then they will probably be protected no matter how many people they have sex with.

The reality, however, is that sex workers and their clients do not always use condoms. Of 86 reporting countries, less than a third reported that 90 percent of sex workers used a condom with their last client, whilst more than half reported condom use by less than 80 percent of sex workers. In some cases, this is because sex workers have no access to condoms, or are not aware of their importance. In other cases, sex workers are simply powerless to negotiate safer sex, even if they try to do so. Clients may refuse to pay for sex if they have to use a condom, and use intimidation or violence to enforce unprotected sex. They may also offer more money for unprotected sex – a proposal that can be hard to refuse if the sex worker in question is in desperate need of an income.

Sex Workers and HIV Prevention

The porn industry may have to move out of the country to some third world place where they really are considered worthless and less than human. It pains me that your position is to have no compassion for the safety of sex workers.

rivrrat 11-14-2012 10:29 AM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sky dancer (Post 496254)
Sex workers have relatively high numbers of sexual partners. This in itself does not necessarily increase their likelihood of becoming infected with HIV – if they use condoms consistently and correctly then they will probably be protected no matter how many people they have sex with.

The reality, however, is that sex workers and their clients do not always use condoms. Of 86 reporting countries, less than a third reported that 90 percent of sex workers used a condom with their last client, whilst more than half reported condom use by less than 80 percent of sex workers.3 In some cases, this is because sex workers have no access to condoms, or are not aware of their importance. In other cases, sex workers are simply powerless to negotiate safer sex, even if they try to do so. Clients may refuse to pay for sex if they have to use a condom, and use intimidation or violence to enforce unprotected sex. They may also offer more money for unprotected sex – a proposal that can be hard to refuse if the sex worker in question is in desperate need of an income.

Sex Workers and HIV Prevention

All of this is irrelevant to the conversation.

Quote:

The porn industry may have to move out of the country to some third world place where they really are considered worthless and less than human.
Nah, just out of LA

sky dancer 11-14-2012 10:31 AM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
I find it painful that you care so little for the health and safety of sex workers.

"Experts recommend that campaigns aiming to prevent HIV amongst sex workers should initially focus on achieving three main outcomes:15

An increased level of condom use and safer sex amongst sex workers and their clients.
Increased sex worker involvement and control over their working and social conditions.
A reduction in the number of sexually transmitted infections occurring amongst sex workers."
http://www.avert.org/sex-workers.htm

How many dear ones have YOU lost to AIDS. For me, it's been many. I would do ANYTHING to prevent the transmission of HIV.

rivrrat 11-14-2012 10:33 AM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sky dancer (Post 496257)
I find it painful that you care so little for the health and safety of sex workers.

Their health and safety is their choice. Just like it was mine when I worked in the field. I find no comfort in forcing people to do things against their will. In fact, I find it quite disturbing.

sky dancer 11-14-2012 10:33 AM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
The 100% condom programme established in Thailand in the early 1990s is held up as a prime example of how this can be achieved. This government-run campaign aimed to enforce condom use in all of Thailand’s brothels and massage parlours, by distributing free condoms and making it a legal requirement for establishments to make clients use them. Under this programme, condom use amongst sex workers rose from 14% in 1989 to over 90% after 1992, and Thailand’s HIV prevalence declined substantially.16

Sex Workers and HIV Prevention

sky dancer 11-14-2012 10:37 AM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rivrrat (Post 496258)
Their health and safety is their choice. Just like it was mine when I worked in the field. I find no comfort in forcing people to do things against their will. In fact, I find it quite disturbing.

I find YOUR view very disturbing too. Health and safety regulations in industry save workers lives. I find it disturbing that life is so cheap to you, and that you don't care if sex workers die from disease.

To you, it's THEIR choice. That is bull. Society pays royally for STD transmission.

The cost of STDs to the U.S. health care system is estimated to be as much as $15.9 billion annually.4
http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/to...spx?topicid=37

rivrrat 11-14-2012 10:42 AM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sky dancer (Post 496261)
I find YOUR view very disturbing too. Health and safety regulations in industry save workers lives.

No, people acting safely saves lives. The regulations themselves don't do jack ****ing sh!t.

Quote:

I find it disturbing that life is so cheap to you, and that you don't care if sex workers die from disease.
Dear ****ing god. It's not as if someone is running around giving them diseases while they're minding their own business knitting. They are CHOOSING to engage in an activity that is risky. It is their CHOICE. Their ****ing body, their ****ing choice. If they don't ****ing care if they get a disease, why the **** should I?


Quote:

To you, it's THEIR choice. That is bull. Society pays royally for STD transmission.
:rolls

Yes. It is everyone's choice what to do with their bodies. If someone wants to take risks with their body, it is not my place to stop them. Just as I hope no one ever ****ing tries to stop me from taking risks with mine.

sky dancer 11-14-2012 10:44 AM

Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles
 
I don't agree with you. Not a bit. I think the sex and porn industry should be legalized and safety practices established.

I sure hope you use condoms and practice safe sex. I'd like you to have a long and healthy life, and for anyone who has sex with you to be protected too.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0