Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles at the General Forum; Originally Posted by sky dancer You guys have no faith. We do. My wife and I have complete confidence in ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #211 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Idealogically Promiscuous's Avatar
Do I Look Like a Bitch?
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,087
Thanks: 4,153
Thanked 6,673 Times in 3,956 Posts
Default Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky dancer View Post
You guys have no faith. We do. My wife and I have complete confidence in our love for each other.
Did you miss the part where I said I have trust in my partner and that I don't fear him cheating on me? That its a willing risk because it's a good risk?
__________________
Say "what" one mo' goddamned time. I dare ya. I double dog dare ya.
Reply With Quote
  #212 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,655
Thanks: 1,084
Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,114 Posts
Default Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealogically Promiscuous View Post
Did you miss the part where I said I have trust in my partner and that I don't fear him cheating on me? That its a willing risk because it's a good risk?
I meant "you guys generally", not YOU in particular. I read the part that says you trust your partner and you don't fear him cheating on you.

When my wife and I first got together I was scared ****less. Then I felt the risk. It doesn't feel like a risk to me now.

Not now. We are completely devoted to one another. The only risk I feel is of losing her (which is inevitable). We will break each other's heart when we separate through death. It's worth it.

Last edited by sky dancer; 11-14-2012 at 06:33 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #213 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,655
Thanks: 1,084
Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,114 Posts
Default Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
What rivrrat's saying is that you can believe that with all your heart, but if she's been hiding something from you and doing a VERY good job of it, you'd never know. You hope that she isn't and you have every good reason to believe that she isn't, but that's not what eliminates the risk. Maybe she spends her time away from you engaging in higly risky behavior (hopefully she isn't) and has built up a process to protect you from eve knowing about it. Yes, it's unlikely, but not outside of the realm of possibility. THAT'S what 'rat's talking about. Not your trust in her, not your faith in her, but the fact that you can't say for 100% sure (maybe 99.9999999%, but not 100%) and that's where the risk comes in. Is it a small risk? Most likely. But it's still a risk.

See, 'rat and I are both programmers and we both understand that you can't assume anything - it's part of being a good programmer. As such, we take steps to make sure that if someone tries to run a query with no parameters that would return a multi-million record dataset, they get warned about it. Now the program is designed to do one thing and that's to search a database for a filtered set of information, so anyone who tries to get everything the database contains with no filters applied whatsoever is what we in the programming world call an "idiot". We work around the fact that the world is populated by idiots who are going to do things that no one should or would do, so we have to handle that. It doesn't matter that they shouldn't be doing something, that thier job requires that they not do something or must do something, we have to handle those exceptions. So we look at the world through a pserspective of expecting that no matter what we think is happening or should be happening, we always have to deal with the idiots of the world who think that just because a button exists, that's an excuse to click on it 30 times in a row and then call us up and whine about the fact that the program locked up.

What makes us good programmers is that we don't assume intelligence or behavior. What you're doing is assuming behavior. Maybe you have good reason to assume it, but that doesn't mean that the assumption is correct.
If my wife was hiding something from me, I would know it. The rest of the stuff about programming doesn't make sense to me.

I thought rivrat was a diver?

Last edited by sky dancer; 11-14-2012 at 06:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #214 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2012, 07:35 PM
1069's Avatar
Bookworm.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,073
Thanks: 4,721
Thanked 4,834 Times in 2,602 Posts
Default Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky dancer View Post
I would point out that VOTERS decided the porn industry should make their actors use condoms.

They'd vote "no". For a lot of guys, jizz shots are the whole point of porn.
Porn is a fantasy to them; it detracts from the fantasy to see a condom in use.
They believe porn actors are expendable and easily replaceable and without value other than their ability to provide masturbation fodder to the masses, so they do not care overmuch about the safety or well-being of such individuals.
They wouldn't vote for such a thing. Condoms would be an inconvenient and unwanted intrusion into their fantasy lives. Given the option, they'd probably vote that porn actors be forbidden to use condoms.
Reply With Quote
  #215 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,655
Thanks: 1,084
Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,114 Posts
Default Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
They'd vote "no". For a lot of guys, jizz shots are the whole point of porn.
Porn is a fantasy to them; it detracts from the fantasy to see a condom in use.
They believe porn actors are expendable and easily replaceable and without value other than their ability to provide masturbation fodder to the masses, so they do not care overmuch about the safety or well-being of such individuals.
They wouldn't vote for such a thing. Condoms would be an inconvenient and unwanted intrusion into their fantasy lives. Given the option, they'd probably vote that porn actors be forbidden to use condoms.
I agree with most of your points.

The citizens of LA approved the ballot measure requiring porn actors to use condoms. I'm assuming that porn actors and consumers voted.
Reply With Quote
  #216 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,071
Thanks: 1,599
Thanked 3,068 Times in 2,073 Posts
Default Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
The same reason we need laws that ban texting while driving, chatting on the cell phone while driving, speeding, jay walking, drinking and driving and other dumb **** people do. Common ****ing sense has to sometimes be made into law in order to protect the general population from stupid dumbasses.
All of those laws are to protect the general public from the idiots. If drunk driving would only kill the drunk then I wouldn't be for that law. Get liquored up real good and go drive I wouldn't care. But that isn't the case. So unless you can tell me you can get an STD from other people having sex without your participation there's no need for the law.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AzMike For This Useful Post:
  #217 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,655
Thanks: 1,084
Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,114 Posts
Default Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles

What are you? An anarchist? We shouldn't have drunk driving laws?

What an extreme view. I just LOOOVVVEE right wing extremists.
Reply With Quote
  #218 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2012, 08:30 PM
rivrrat's Avatar
Queen of Awesomeness
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,833
Thanks: 3,272
Thanked 10,473 Times in 6,022 Posts
Default Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky dancer View Post
If my wife was hiding something from me, I would know it. The rest of the stuff about programming doesn't make sense to me.
So you're psychic?

Quote:
I thought rivrat was a diver?
I am a diver. (among other things) But for a living, now, I work in software development. I teach diving on the side for fun and extra cash.


What he's saying is that by trade, he and I both do our best to expect the unexpected. That just because someone is supposed to perform a task in x,y,z order doesn't mean they will. And just because we hope and trust that people will do a, b, c doesn't mean they will. And that actually goes for just about anything... from software development to teaching scuba diving. but in the case of scuba diving, something stupid my student does wrong could cost their lives. People don't always do what they're supposed to do, or what you trust they will do.

Just a fact of life.

Trust is a risk. Period. If it not a risk, then it's not trust.
__________________


Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.

Gypsy Soul Memories
Scuba Diver Life
My YouTube Channel
Reply With Quote
  #219 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,071
Thanks: 1,599
Thanked 3,068 Times in 2,073 Posts
Default Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky dancer View Post
What are you? An anarchist? We shouldn't have drunk driving laws?

What an extreme view. I just LOOOVVVEE right wing extremists.
I would loooooove if you would read ****.
Reply With Quote
  #220 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,655
Thanks: 1,084
Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,114 Posts
Default Re: Porn industry ponders new condom law in Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
So you're psychic?


I am a diver. (among other things) But for a living, now, I work in software development. I teach diving on the side for fun and extra cash.


What he's saying is that by trade, he and I both do our best to expect the unexpected. That just because someone is supposed to perform a task in x,y,z order doesn't mean they will. And just because we hope and trust that people will do a, b, c doesn't mean they will. And that actually goes for just about anything... from software development to teaching scuba diving. but in the case of scuba diving, something stupid my student does wrong could cost their lives. People don't always do what they're supposed to do, or what you trust they will do.

Just a fact of life.

Trust is a risk. Period. If it not a risk, then it's not trust.
It's not a question of being psychic, we know each other really well. We're that close. My wife has NEVER wanted to cheat on me.

Last edited by sky dancer; 11-14-2012 at 09:18 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
angeles, condom, industry, law, los, new, ponders, porn

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0