Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Gang rape of 11-year-old Texas girl is on cell phone video, say police at the General Forum; Originally Posted by foundit66 Research has been done on the issue of race and crime... And it invariably shows the ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Guide
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 470
Thanks: 61
Thanked 177 Times in 118 Posts
Default Re: Gang rape of 11-year-old Texas girl is on cell phone video, say police

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Research has been done on the issue of race and crime...

And it invariably shows the REAL correlation isn't the race, but rather the INCOME.
Blacks are more likely to be poor. They have higher statistics for poverty.

If you separate out the issue according to INCOME and race, the picture is more clear.
The prevalence of crime is similar with similar INCOMES, regardless of race...

But don't let the facts get in the way of good racism...
All that need be said.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,659
Thanks: 2,655
Thanked 1,323 Times in 896 Posts
Default Re: Gang rape of 11-year-old Texas girl is on cell phone video, say police

The disproportionate level of violence and underachievement in the Black community is taboo to discuss. I realize that. It's the result of decades of speech stifling political correctness.

Lots of members agree with me because the truth can't be disputed. The gang violence, "School ain't cool" - it's all there; all real. Most would rather pass this thread by than be ganged up on by the pack of PC libs here. Only one person had the courage to speak up.

When the day comes that no one will speak about things that are wrong in our society, we're not America anymore because we've ceded our freedom of speech and common sense - our very thought process - to the tyrannical left.

Today is not that day.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:
  #53 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Face in the crowd
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,306
Thanks: 388
Thanked 485 Times in 313 Posts
Default Re: Gang rape of 11-year-old Texas girl is on cell phone video, say police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
The disproportionate level of violence and underachievement in the Black community is taboo to discuss. I realize that. It's the result of decades of speech stifling political correctness.

Lots of members agree with me because the truth can't be disputed. The gang violence, "School ain't cool" - it's all there; all real. Most would rather pass this thread by than be ganged up on by the pack of PC libs here. Only one person had the courage to speak up.

When the day comes that no one will speak about things that are wrong in our society, we're not America anymore because we've ceded our freedom of speech and common sense - our very thought process - to the tyrannical left.

Today is not that day.
Perhaps only one person agrees with you.
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,232
Thanks: 37
Thanked 1,193 Times in 861 Posts
Default Re: Gang rape of 11-year-old Texas girl is on cell phone video, say police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaba View Post
Perhaps only one person agrees with you.
I will make it two.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mustang Man For This Useful Post:
  #55 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2011, 03:51 PM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 13,698
Thanks: 12,450
Thanked 10,288 Times in 6,218 Posts
Default Re: Gang rape of 11-year-old Texas girl is on cell phone video, say police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
The disproportionate level of violence and underachievement in the Black community is taboo to discuss. I realize that. It's the result of decades of speech stifling political correctness.

Lots of members agree with me because the truth can't be disputed. The gang violence, "School ain't cool" - it's all there; all real. Most would rather pass this thread by than be ganged up on by the pack of PC libs here. Only one person had the courage to speak up.

When the day comes that no one will speak about things that are wrong in our society, we're not America anymore because we've ceded our freedom of speech and common sense - our very thought process - to the tyrannical left.

Today is not that day.
Trinnity, if you had opened with this statement, then there wouldn't have been the reaction there was.

Your first statement said NOTHING about statisics, how horrified you were at what happend, or anything other than a shameful comment about the skin color of the alleged perpetrators, and there is no amount of back-peddling is going to change that.

Many of us are willing to talk about what is wrong, and many are also willing to suggest ideas on how to fix it. Your post had none of these redeeming qualities, until after you were called on it.

Your righteous indignation is hot air.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GottaGo For This Useful Post:
  #56 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,659
Thanks: 2,655
Thanked 1,323 Times in 896 Posts
Default Re: Gang rape of 11-year-old Texas girl is on cell phone video, say police

Next time I write something, I'll check with you first, GG.
Reply With Quote
  #57 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: JAX
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,975
Thanks: 2,205
Thanked 2,968 Times in 2,109 Posts
Default Re: Gang rape of 11-year-old Texas girl is on cell phone video, say police

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
Trinnity, if you had opened with this statement, then there wouldn't have been the reaction there was.

Your first statement said NOTHING about statisics, how horrified you were at what happend, or anything other than a shameful comment about the skin color of the alleged perpetrators, and there is no amount of back-peddling is going to change that.

Many of us are willing to talk about what is wrong, and many are also willing to suggest ideas on how to fix it. Your post had none of these redeeming qualities, until after you were called on it.

Your righteous indignation is hot air.
Absolutely dead on GG!

.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AK Gandy For This Useful Post:
  #58 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2011, 05:46 PM
With the Mob
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 132
Thanks: 110
Thanked 105 Times in 52 Posts
Default Re: Gang rape of 11-year-old Texas girl is on cell phone video, say police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
Next time I write something, I'll check with you first, GG.
So I guess the problem is that you addressed the problem directly, instead of sugar coating it and coming at it gently. Perhaps if you had started with:

"Listen guys, I want to talk about something, and this is gonna be dicey so I'm sorry if I offend any sensibilities here. You ready? Take a deep breath because this could get bumpy...."

"I think there may be a problem with black crime in this country"

"I know, I know that's not exactly PC to say" "You in the corner, stop crying. Here's a tissue" "Somebody hug him ok?"

"Ok, let's not get all emotional, I'm almost sorry I said it." "Now that I have, what do you guys think?"

THAT'S how you broach these subjects. Nevermind that's it's been a problem for decades. Nevermind that movies, documentaries, and songs have been done about it. Nevermind that places like AllHipHop.com encourages it.

Screw all that, you need to come at it gently.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrianAz For This Useful Post:
  #59 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: JAX
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,975
Thanks: 2,205
Thanked 2,968 Times in 2,109 Posts
Default Re: Gang rape of 11-year-old Texas girl is on cell phone video, say police

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAz View Post
So I guess the problem is that you addressed the problem directly, instead of sugar coating it and coming at it gently. Perhaps if you had started with:

"Listen guys, I want to talk about something, and this is gonna be dicey so I'm sorry if I offend any sensibilities here. You ready? Take a deep breath because this could get bumpy...."

"I think there may be a problem with black crime in this country"

"I know, I know that's not exactly PC to say" "You in the corner, stop crying. Here's a tissue" "Somebody hug him ok?"

"Ok, let's not get all emotional, I'm almost sorry I said it." "Now that I have, what do you guys think?"

THAT'S how you broach these subjects. Nevermind that's it's been a problem for decades. Nevermind that movies, documentaries, and songs have been done about it. Nevermind that places like AllHipHop.com encourages it.

Screw all that, you need to come at it gently.
Jared Lee Loughner committed a heinous crime.

"Oh looky, he is white and from Arizona."

"What a surprise."



Get the point now?

.
Reply With Quote
  #60 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2011, 06:01 PM
With the Mob
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 132
Thanks: 110
Thanked 105 Times in 52 Posts
Default Re: Gang rape of 11-year-old Texas girl is on cell phone video, say police

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
Jared Lee Loughner committed a heinous crime.

"Oh looky, he is white and from Arizona."

"What a surprise."



Get the point now?

.
Yeah, because the Loughner's of the world are swelling America's prisons.

Nice try. You obviously still don't get the point.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
11yearold, cell, gang, girl, phone, police, rape, say, texas, video

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0