Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   The Media (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/media/)
-   -   Beck A Ratings Giant....... (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/media/8682-beck-ratings-giant.html)

MrLiberty 08-27-2009 06:53 PM

Beck A Ratings Giant.......
 
I don't have cable and I don't listen to talk radio, but I know from the posts here that Glen Beck gets under the skin of the lefties. And even though they are doing whatever they can to break him, he is becoming a ratings giant. :rofl2

================================================== ========

Big Beck: Goes over 3 million viewers, beats O’Reilly in demo: Cable News Ratings for Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - TV Ratings, Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.com

Big Beck: Goes over 3 million viewers, beats O’Reilly in demo: Cable News Ratings for Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Posted on 27 August 2009 by Robert Seidman

Though a little scandal might alienate advertisers, it’s pure ratings gold. Last night Glenn Beck had over 3 million viewers at 5pm, second only to O’Reilly for the night. But, Beck had more 25-54 viewers than O’Reilly (888K to 876K). I don’t watch or really even care about the cable news wars, but still…wow. Even though Beck airs before primetime, when there are fewer people watching TV, he had the most 25-54 viewers in the cable news world for the night.

Billo_Really 08-27-2009 06:59 PM

Re: Beck A Ratings Giant.......
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLiberty (Post 83535)
I don't have cable and I don't listen to talk radio, but I know from the posts here that Glen Beck gets under the skin of the lefties. And even though they are doing whatever they can to break him, he is becoming a ratings giant. :rofl2

================================================== ========

Big Beck: Goes over 3 million viewers, beats O’Reilly in demo: Cable News Ratings for Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Posted on 27 August 2009 by Robert Seidman

Though a little scandal might alienate advertisers, it’s pure ratings gold. Last night Glenn Beck had over 3 million viewers at 5pm, second only to O’Reilly for the night. But, Beck had more 25-54 viewers than O’Reilly (888K to 876K). I don’t watch or really even care about the cable news wars, but still…wow. Even though Beck airs before primetime, when there are fewer people watching TV, he had the most 25-54 viewers in the cable news world for the night.

Although I consider him a circus freak, he's nothing more than a typical right wing liar.

He called Obama a racist, which is a joke.

That's why he's being boycotted.

And the people that are calling for the boycott say that all he has to do to end it, is to back up what he's said with facts. So far, he hasn't done it. Which is typical for all the clowns of Fix News. They shoot their mouth off without any proof of what they say is true.

Mikeyy 08-27-2009 07:08 PM

Re: Beck A Ratings Giant.......
 
He isn't under my skin at all. I simply don't get how he has an audience. He isn't a Conservative. He's a nut. I guess if you put Charles Manson on people will watch. In fact people have watched freaks since before TV. There were some in every circus. And people would pay to watch. What is worrying is those who follow this breakdown in progress.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLiberty (Post 83535)
I don't have cable and I don't listen to talk radio, but I know from the posts here that Glen Beck gets under the skin of the lefties. And even though they are doing whatever they can to break him, he is becoming a ratings giant. :rofl2

================================================== ========

Big Beck: Goes over 3 million viewers, beats O’Reilly in demo: Cable News Ratings for Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - TV Ratings, Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.com

Big Beck: Goes over 3 million viewers, beats O’Reilly in demo: Cable News Ratings for Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Posted on 27 August 2009 by Robert Seidman

Though a little scandal might alienate advertisers, it’s pure ratings gold. Last night Glenn Beck had over 3 million viewers at 5pm, second only to O’Reilly for the night. But, Beck had more 25-54 viewers than O’Reilly (888K to 876K). I don’t watch or really even care about the cable news wars, but still…wow. Even though Beck airs before primetime, when there are fewer people watching TV, he had the most 25-54 viewers in the cable news world for the night.


Billo_Really 08-27-2009 07:13 PM

Re: Beck A Ratings Giant.......
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyy (Post 83542)
He isn't under my skin at all. I simply don't get how he has an audience. He isn't a Conservative. He's a nut. I guess if you put Charles Manson on people will watch. In fact people have watched freaks since before TV. There were some in every circus. And people would pay to watch. What is worrying is those who follow this breakdown in progress.

I'll watch Charlie!

saltwn 08-28-2009 01:47 AM

Re: Beck A Ratings Giant.......
 
I've only caught bits of him on the Internet blogs and such.
I like Charlie Rose as an interviewer. I don't like any "commentators". I watch CSpan every now and then. I don't like commentary, unless it is a rare funny or timely piece done by a thoughtful, intelligent journalist.

When the President has a state of the union address, I don't like watching the "rebuttal". I watched it a few times and it always seems the other side (no matter who it is) is whining. And they never used to have "rebuttals" to the state of the union. :crazy Weird.

Can't stand that guy y'all say has a "man crush" on Obama. (can't think of his name). I used to like him, but his blatant partisanship is getting kind of disgusting.
Oberman I watch only when I have to. he's comedy relief, I guess. The Foxx woman whats-her-name is hard to look at even for another woman. They are all biting over there.

They can have the infotainment news. :D
I guess I'll stick with Jim Lehrer.

Mikeyy 08-28-2009 07:55 AM

Re: Beck A Ratings Giant.......
 
I like Fareed Zakaria

Billo_Really 08-28-2009 07:58 AM

Re: Beck A Ratings Giant.......
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyy (Post 83604)
I like Fareed Zakaria

Lead guitarist for Mothers of Invention?

Mikeyy 08-28-2009 09:23 AM

Re: Beck A Ratings Giant.......
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Billo_Really (Post 83606)
Lead guitarist for Mothers of Invention?

Fareed Zappa??

pjohns 08-28-2009 06:24 PM

Re: Beck A Ratings Giant.......
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 83584)
When the President has a state of the union address, I don't like watching the "rebuttal". I watched it a few times and it always seems the other side (no matter who it is) is whining. And they never used to have "rebuttals" to the state of the union. :crazy Weird.

I agree with this comment. The rebuttal (by whichever party is out of office at the moment) seems gratuitous; and it is invariably self-serving, rather than its being a careful and thoughtful analysis of the president's remarks.

As for the main topic of the thread, however, I very much like Glenn Beck. (We are not identical in our political philosophies--I think it would be fair to describe him as a libertarian, whereas I am more of a right-wing populist, with undertones of several other varieties of conservatism--but I most often agree with him. And I certainly respect him.)

Mikeyy 08-28-2009 10:25 PM

Re: Beck A Ratings Giant.......
 
Are you a paranoid from a family of mental cases? That is Beck. He is nuts. I am truly amazed at the fact that people are attracted to him. What the hell is with people lately? This hate stuff is going to rip the country apart. It seems to be beyond control. People are showing up at rallies with guns. Making moronic comments about what the POTUS wants to do. And they do it under the guise that they are the downtrodden. Beck is going to get someone hurt. His mother and brother commited suicide. His whole family is a wreck. And people follow this nut who breaksdown on a regular basis on TV? What a mess the right is, And dangerous to the rest of us. :rolls
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjohns (Post 83715)
I agree with this comment. The rebuttal (by whichever party is out of office at the moment) seems gratuitous; and it is invariably self-serving, rather than its being a careful and thoughtful analysis of the president's remarks.

As for the main topic of the thread, however, I very much like Glenn Beck. (We are not identical in our political philosophies--I think it would be fair to describe him as a libertarian, whereas I am more of a right-wing populist, with undertones of several other varieties of conservatism--but I most often agree with him. And I certainly respect him.)



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0