Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > The Media
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Media Discuss Hannity crops clip to claim Obama "decided to give 9-11 sympathizers a voice" in Cair at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by Michael1 I have no defense for this. Saying he was aware of some(but not directly rebuking) who ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2009, 11:12 AM
dga's Avatar
dga dga is offline
Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,622
Thanks: 825
Thanked 705 Times in 494 Posts
Default Re: Hannity crops clip to claim Obama "decided to give 9-11 sympathizers a voice" in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1 View Post
I have no defense for this. Saying he was aware of some(but not directly rebuking) who believed the attack on 9/11 was 'questionable or justified' just isn't in and of itself a horrible thing. He said the killings were to be 'dealt with', but never said that those who 'question or justify' 9/11 are flat out wrong. He should be telling them that they're wrong to question or justify, not just blaming Al-Qaeda. To not do so indeed 'gives them a voice on the world stage' that he refuses to rebuke.

But let me be clear that none of you ever admit that of mainstream journalists.

Katie Couric at Princeton, anyone?

Nah, none of you will condemn her or admit mainstream media bias, will you.

****ing left wing hypocrites...
I'm sorry, but I think it is quite clear he told them they were wrong when he said: "These are not opinions to be debated; these are facts to be dealt with." Just because he did not use the words YOU ARE WRONG, does not mean he did not say it.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dga For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2009, 12:26 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,596
Thanks: 10,099
Thanked 15,269 Times in 9,258 Posts
Post Re: Hannity crops clip to claim Obama "decided to give 9-11 sympathizers a voice" in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1 View Post
Saying the murderer was wrong is not the same as saying those who find the murder justifiable are wrong for doing so.
Saying murder is wrong IS SAYING MURDER IS WRONG.
So when somebody comes along and says the murder is justified, saying "the murder is wrong" IS OBVIOUSLY REFUTING THEM.

And now you're quibbling cause you want Obama to add onto that that the people are wrong to say the murder is justified???

How fine do you want to split this hair?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1
I realize this is just his way of not trying to offend anyone, but dammit ... terrorist sypathizers are a group we shouldn't have any problems setting straight!

Yeah. Cause if somebody says the Muslims were justified, calling them murderers of innocent children is obviously NOT going to offend them...


Quote:
Originally Posted by dga
I'm sorry, but I think it is quite clear he told them they were wrong when he said: "These are not opinions to be debated; these are facts to be dealt with." Just because he did not use the words YOU ARE WRONG, does not mean he did not say it.
Exactly!

I find it interesting how some people will assume something in Obama's words, when he NEVER SAID what they interpreted...
And for other cases, his statement is clear, and they insist that he left out something like this...

In the end, the only consistency is that they are attacking Obama cause he opened his mouth.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foundit66 For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
cair, claim, clip, crops, hannity, obama

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0