Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > The Media
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Media Discuss Internet purging/cencoring certain voices at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by saltwn What in the hell are you talking about? I often disagree with peoples' views on here ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2021, 09:24 AM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,077
Thanks: 11,951
Thanked 8,302 Times in 5,417 Posts
Default Re: Internet purging/cencoring certain voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
What in the hell are you talking about?
I often disagree with peoples' views on here but don't ask that they be banned for them. Sweep around your own door if that's what you need but don't make false accusations against someone as a 'given' which is exactly what you are doing.
Yes there's a difference between corporate censorship and government censorship. That is supposed to be the forte of the right but looks like they just defend their own and condemn others' points of view.
As to the subject at hand, a judge or other lawful agency must have banned this person from being online till her trial since a lot of the organization and plotting to revolt against the United States or at the very least cause harm to life or property was done online. I don't find that especially unusual.
Salt do i have to find the post where you cheered at the internet censorship of ALEX JONES?
Or your post where you call for internet censorship because of the RUSSIANS
LOOK, just A few post above you're happy about the internet censorship because of COVID.
And you mention disappointed surprise at the slowness of the internet censorship of Trump and "as well as other no goods" because of 1/6 and the BS possibility of more "insurrection" by "domestic extremist" .

I'm not sure why you're denying that YOU LIKE CENSORSHIP.
Are you blind to you're own support for it?
Are you saying that YOU Don't "LIKE IT" but think it's necessary or something. (the same excuse all totalitarians use to justify it BTW)
Because there NO DOUBT that you SUPPORT IT. I can't think a single post where you condemn ANY entity for censorship... or legally attacking people's free speech in any context . Where are post denouncing censorship of any kind gov't or corporate?
You CHEER support at Assagnes Treatment as well as Alex Jones's and the Former president of the United States.
Am i wrong in saying that you don't LIKE any of them?
Am i wrong in saying you are GLAD they've been censored and banned blocked and abused?
And that you wouldn't mind if even more punishment and public exclusions where laid on their heads?

please be honest here.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8

Last edited by mr wonder; 07-27-2021 at 09:30 AM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #52 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2021, 12:05 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,077
Thanks: 11,951
Thanked 8,302 Times in 5,417 Posts
Default Re: Internet purging/cencoring certain voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by politico
...Biden allied groups, including the Democratic National Committee, are also planning to engage fact-checkers more aggressively and work with SMS carriers to dispel misinformation about vaccines that is sent over social media and text messages. The goal is to ensure that people who may have difficulty getting a vaccination because of issues like transportation see those barriers lessened or removed entirely.

“We are steadfastly committed to keeping politics out of the effort to get every American vaccinated so that we can save lives and help our economy further recover,” White House spokesperson Kevin Munoz said. “When we see deliberate efforts to spread misinformation, we view that as an impediment to the country's public health and will not shy away from calling that out.” ...

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ampaign-499278

So the BIDEN ADMIN (the gov't)
Is working with SMS carriers -text message folks- (private companies)
and the DNC (a political party)
to find and stop "disinformation" of U.S. citizen's text messages. (censorship)


Mussolini had a name for this kind of thing.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #53 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2021, 12:50 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,662
Thanks: 8,611
Thanked 7,884 Times in 5,263 Posts
Default Re: Internet purging/cencoring certain voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
Salt do i have to find the post where you cheered at the internet censorship of ALEX JONES?
Or your post where you call for internet censorship because of the RUSSIANS
LOOK, just A few post above you're happy about the internet censorship because of COVID.
And you mention disappointed surprise at the slowness of the internet censorship of Trump and "as well as other no goods" because of 1/6 and the BS possibility of more "insurrection" by "domestic extremist" .

I'm not sure why you're denying that YOU LIKE CENSORSHIP.
Are you blind to you're own support for it?
Are you saying that YOU Don't "LIKE IT" but think it's necessary or something. (the same excuse all totalitarians use to justify it BTW)
Because there NO DOUBT that you SUPPORT IT. I can't think a single post where you condemn ANY entity for censorship... or legally attacking people's free speech in any context . Where are post denouncing censorship of any kind gov't or corporate?
You CHEER support at Assagnes Treatment as well as Alex Jones's and the Former president of the United States.
Am i wrong in saying that you don't LIKE any of them?
Am i wrong in saying you are GLAD they've been censored and banned blocked and abused?
And that you wouldn't mind if even more punishment and public exclusions where laid on their heads?

please be honest here.
Some people cannot think past their nose, they can't see what censorship may become down the road. They are unable to put the shoes on the other foot and see that this COULD hurt them someday. Right now it is mostly hurting their enemy, so it's all good for them, as long and it stays that way.
__________________
"The freedom of speech is, in sum, our foremost protection against tyranny. Without it, a tyrant can work his will without any fear of his opponents uttering even one cross word."
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #54 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2021, 01:54 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,077
Thanks: 11,951
Thanked 8,302 Times in 5,417 Posts
Default Re: Internet purging/cencoring certain voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
Some people cannot think past their nose, they can't see what censorship may become down the road. They are unable to put the shoes on the other foot and see that this COULD hurt them someday. Right now it is mostly hurting their enemy, so it's all good for them, as long and it stays that way.
I'm not sure why it's so difficult.
except for the fact that many people are so wedded to their partisan beliefs that they sincerely believe that "any means" are OK to move their agenda.


I have to wonder if we switched out communication services if it would help:
So the BIDEN ADMIN (the gov't)
Is working with PHONE COMPANIES (private companies)
and the DNC (a political party)
to find and stop "disinformation" of U.S. citizen's PHONE CONVERSATIONS. (censorship)
or how about:
So the BIDEN ADMIN (the gov't)
Is working with POST OFFICE, FEDEX, UPS and other mail serives COMPANIES (private companies)
and the DNC (a political party)
to find and stop "disinformation" of U.S. citizen's MAIL. (censorship)
or maybe for old school folks like us how about:
So the BIDEN ADMIN (the gov't)
Is working with ABC, NBC, CBS, AND PBS, CNN AND FOX NEWS (private companies)
and the DNC (a political party)
to find and stop "disinformation" of U.S. citizen's TV NEWS. (censorship)
how about:
So the BIDEN ADMIN (the gov't)
Is working with the LIBRARIES and AMAZON And Barnes and Nobles etc
and the DNC (a political party)
to find and stop "disinformation" of U.S. citizen's BOOKS. (censorship)


Does the gov't have to call their propagandist "committees of information" or "the Ministry of Truth" before people have a problem with it?
Sadly some on the left... and some on the right... are more totalitarian minded (for the good of mankind ) than people who understand or love freedom.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8

Last edited by mr wonder; 07-27-2021 at 02:00 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #55 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2021, 04:43 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 86,382
Thanks: 56,713
Thanked 26,711 Times in 19,173 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Internet purging/cencoring certain voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
Salt do i have to find the post where you cheered at the internet censorship of ALEX JONES?
Or your post where you call for internet censorship because of the RUSSIANS
LOOK, just A few post above you're happy about the internet censorship because of COVID.
And you mention disappointed surprise at the slowness of the internet censorship of Trump and "as well as other no goods" because of 1/6 and the BS possibility of more "insurrection" by "domestic extremist" .

I'm not sure why you're denying that YOU LIKE CENSORSHIP.
Are you blind to you're own support for it?
Are you saying that YOU Don't "LIKE IT" but think it's necessary or something. (the same excuse all totalitarians use to justify it BTW)
Because there NO DOUBT that you SUPPORT IT. I can't think a single post where you condemn ANY entity for censorship... or legally attacking people's free speech in any context . Where are post denouncing censorship of any kind gov't or corporate?
You CHEER support at Assagnes Treatment as well as Alex Jones's and the Former president of the United States.
Am i wrong in saying that you don't LIKE any of them?
Am i wrong in saying you are GLAD they've been censored and banned blocked and abused?
And that you wouldn't mind if even more punishment and public exclusions where laid on their heads?

please be honest here.
I actually did like hearing Alex Jones crazy theories when they were presented as entertainment on Coast to Coast and only lonely schizophrenics believed he was factual. But when he led a coalition of Texans to think the gubment was building concentration camps there to put us all in, it was clear his intent had shifted or evolved to being a danger to others. He was acting in real time at the head of an armed mob trying to face down the military.
misinformation about covi-19 and the vaccines is being taken down ( though the damage is pretty much done) by responsible business owners. If I stood up and yelled 'there's the guy who murdered kennedy' at the head of a mob I whipped up and one of them shot an innocent person because of my lie, it would be the same thing. We are ultimately responsible for our own actions and purposeful influence if a crime or eminent danger results from it.
I don't like censorship of creative pursuits such as visual or written art. But to stop an angry mob from harming or killing is not censorship. Jailing or fining someone calling a politician or public figure a butt head or stronger language is censorship.
Assange was called upon by a political party to release some )as it turned out later) benign emails at the last minute so as to tip the scale during an election. whether it helped or not does not matter, it was an attempt to influence the outcome of a sovereign country/s people's choice for leader. That is a crime.
The owner of a platform that provides a medium to effect a loud microphone absolutely has the right to curb potentially harmful speech. Plotting to commit a crime or encouraging others to is a crime.
remember the crowded theater.
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2021, 07:28 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,840
Thanks: 11,323
Thanked 8,283 Times in 4,715 Posts
Default Re: Internet purging/cencoring certain voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
I actually did like hearing Alex Jones crazy theories when they were presented as entertainment on Coast to Coast and only lonely schizophrenics believed he was factual. But when he led a coalition of Texans to think the gubment was building concentration camps there to put us all in, it was clear his intent had shifted or evolved to being a danger to others. He was acting in real time at the head of an armed mob trying to face down the military.
All constitutional speech. Others were free to speak to disprove his theories, but instead they just shut him down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
misinformation about covi-19 and the vaccines is being taken down ( though the damage is pretty much done) by responsible business owners.
If that were completely true, you may have a point. However, those "responsible business owners" are working with the Biden Administration to decide what is or is not misinformation which is a direct violation of the 1st Amendment. Also remember that up until recently, anyone speculating that the virus originated in the Wuhan lab as deemed to be spreading misinformation. However, as more information has come to light, it has been proven that their speculation has a lot of credibility.

So the question is, what other "misinformation" is actually true but is not beneficial to the governments position? If they have such a strong position, they could easily put out facts to counter anything they believed to be misinformation instead of simply shutting it down, add more fuel to the fire that they a lying to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
If I stood up and yelled 'there's the guy who murdered kennedy' at the head of a mob I whipped up and one of them shot an innocent person because of my lie, it would be the same thing.
You clearly have no understanding of the 1st Amendment. You have every right to stand up and yell what ever you wish. However, if you whip up the crowd to a frenzy and then tell them to go out and commit a crime, you could be guilty of inciting a riot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
We are ultimately responsible for our own actions and purposeful influence if a crime or eminent danger results from it.
Finally you say something that most can agree with. People are also responsible for their own health and well being. If someone is out there trying to get information about this virus and it's affects, they should be able to read opinions from all sides and decide for themselves. But the left has decided that people aren't smart enough to do that so they have to shut down dissenting opinions.

I don't know about you, but when someone is trying to silence those that disagree with them, it is usually because they cannot logically defend their own position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
I don't like censorship of creative pursuits such as visual or written art. But to stop an angry mob from harming or killing is not censorship.
You are completely wrong. Censorship is denying a person to express their opinions or beliefs regardless of the validity of it. It is the responsibility of the consumer of that speech to determine fact from fiction.


Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Jailing or fining someone calling a politician or public figure a butt head or stronger language is censorship.
Yes, but that is not the limit to freedoms of speech as you would imply with that statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Assange was called upon by a political party to release some )as it turned out later) benign emails at the last minute so as to tip the scale during an election. whether it helped or not does not matter, it was an attempt to influence the outcome of a sovereign country/s people's choice for leader. That is a crime.
So you believe that telling the truth and releasing factual information before an election is a crime? You couldn't be more wrong.

But since you bring it up and we are discussing censorship, what Twitter did to the New York Post by shutting down their Twitter account for posting a FACTUAL article about Joe and Hunter Biden just prior to the last election WAS censorship in an attempt to influence the Presidential election. Then after the election, they admit that they made a "mistake". Yeah right.

Do you understand that difference? More information is good, less is bad. But because it helped Biden, I'm sure you didn't have a problem with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
The owner of a platform that provides a medium to effect a loud microphone absolutely has the right to curb potentially harmful speech.
When done without the interference of the government or without special carve outs to their industry, you would be correct. However, Big Tech does not operate that way. They have special protections that allows them to operate as a platform for free speech but not as a publisher.

Do you understand the difference? A free speech platform does not censor speech that it disagrees with regardless of how true or false that speech is. They also DON'T work hand in hand with the government to determine what is or is not misinformation.

But that is the opposite of what is going on with Big Tech. They are in bed with the government by the Biden Administrations own admission. THAT is a violation of the 1st Amendment and should be prosecuted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Plotting to commit a crime or encouraging others to is a crime.
remember the crowded theater.
So people posting their opinions about Covid and the effectiveness of certain medicines is potting a crime or encouraging one? Remember, some of those shut down were doctors.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #57 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2021, 12:19 PM
RightofCenterLeftofCrazy
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Idaho
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,005
Thanks: 62
Thanked 907 Times in 483 Posts
Default Re: Internet purging/cencoring certain voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
... Remember, some of those shut down were doctors.
Who had a higher rate of success than the national average treating COVID patients in the field. Rather than sitting in some office in Washington making things up.

I don't know if their treatment was all they claimed it to be... BUT... We won't ever know, cause we aren't allowed to hear their evidence, what they were doing, or how they measured success. Cause we might come to the wrong conclusion.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zenock For This Useful Post:
  #58 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2021, 09:52 AM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,077
Thanks: 11,951
Thanked 8,302 Times in 5,417 Posts
Default Re: Internet purging/cencoring certain voices

Dr. Mercola 'Deleting All Content' Due to Threats From Biden Regime; CNN Doxes His Home, Stalks Him In The Street
Dr. Mercola 'Deleting All Content' Due to Threats From Biden Regime; CNN Doxes His Home, Stalks Him In The Street
Quote:
The Biden regime's rapidly-intensifying war on the free press has forced world-renowned health maverick Dr Joseph Mercola to mass delete "over 15,000 articles" from his 25-year-old natural health website.

The FDA recently threatened Mercola by claiming he was marketing basic vitamins (Vitamin C and D) as a "coronavirus treatment" and a foreign lobby named the "Center for Countering Digital Hate" labeled him #1 on their "disinformation dozen" list for his reporting on the risks of Big Pharma's covid vaccines.

It appears Mercola decided to make a strategic retreat in a bid to keep from losing his entire business and be hit with massive fines and potential jail time. So-called advocates for the free press who whined incessantly about Trump's "fascism" and accused him of "attacks on the press" by making fun of fake news outlets are currently either silent or outright cheering the Biden regime's crackdown on independent media.

Jeff Zucker's disinformation propaganda network harassed Mercola at his home, doxed his home address and then stalked him in the street as part of a smear piece.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #59 (permalink)  
Old 08-23-2021, 07:07 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,077
Thanks: 11,951
Thanked 8,302 Times in 5,417 Posts
Default Re: Internet purging/cencoring certain voices

Surgeon General to Big Tech: You’re Not Censoring American COVID Comments ‘Nearly Enough’
U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy nagged social media companies for not doing more to censor so-called misinformation about the COVID-19 pandemic.

According to Murthy in an August 22 appearance of CNN’s State of the Union, the American people are so-called “superspreaders” of misinformation by questioning the government narrative, according to the Biden administration. America’s current surgeon general responded to Facebook’s most recent transparency report by scourging social media

Murthy commented on the “profound cost of health misinformation,” observing that “we’ve been seeing the health misinformation as a problem for years, but the speed, scale and sophistication with which it is spreading and impacting our health is really unprecedented.”

Murthy went on to say “its happening largely and in part, aided and abetted by social media platforms.” His diagnosis was that Big Tech may have done “some things to reduce the spread of misinformation,” but it’s “not nearly enough.”

https://nypost.com/2021/07/18/surgeo...rmation-fight/
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/fr...oring-american
sooo, Censorship = Life?

next they'll say "it's for the children!"
then they might finally allow the gov't to actually manage the Social media censorship directly.

I'm still waiting for someone to say "the constitution is not a sucide pack!"
like we heard some on the LEFT AND RIGHT say after 9/11.

I've been dealing with constitution hatin do gooders for over 20 years now, i'm tired. I'm not sure what class people missed. but
Didn't the founders make clear that real Liberty was worth even their lives.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #60 (permalink)  
Old 08-24-2021, 03:04 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,077
Thanks: 11,951
Thanked 8,302 Times in 5,417 Posts
Default Re: Internet purging/cencoring certain voices

Twitter Enables People To Censor EACH OTHER!!
If they can flag other people's post if they THINK they are "misleading".
:facepalm
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
certain, internet, purging or cencoring, voices

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0