Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > The Media
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Media Discuss Republicans over represented on Sunday Morning News at the Political Forums; I have become a bit irritated at the amount of times I see McCain and Graham on the Sunday news ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2014, 12:45 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Republicans over represented on Sunday Morning News

I have become a bit irritated at the amount of times I see McCain and Graham on the Sunday news shows. Mostly because we all know what they are going to say before they are on. They will attack Obama. It's all they do. So I looked to see the numbers and it appears that despite the mantra from the right that the MSM leans left. The truth is that the right gets all the face time they want on all the networks
RollCall.com - Roll Call's Facetime - Appearance by members on television shows
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2014, 01:10 AM
Lollie's Avatar
Essential Deplorable
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,867
Thanks: 15,669
Thanked 14,713 Times in 8,978 Posts
Default Re: Republicans over represented on Sunday Morning News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
I have become a bit irritated at the amount of times I see McCain and Graham on the Sunday news shows.
I thought you didn't watch tv, or any news programs?
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2014, 02:40 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Re: Republicans over represented on Sunday Morning News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollie View Post
I thought you didn't watch tv, or any news programs?
The news is also on the internet and I see who is on the Sunday shows and what they are saying. Mike Rogers has become the new Chatty Cathy. Of course he is in the same mold as the rest of the right ( and apparently the center). Attack Obama first.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2014, 02:48 AM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 55,945
Thanks: 2,307
Thanked 36,693 Times in 20,839 Posts
Default Re: Republicans over represented on Sunday Morning News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
The truth is that the right gets all the face time they want on all the networks
But that's only because of ratings...

If they had nothing but Obama supporters on all day, there'd be no controversy...

...just a big, giant, Democrat circlejerk...and that wouldn't bring in ratings...

...so they bring in antagonists....This is Journalism 101...I don't understand why you wouldn't see that...

BTW - Be careful when you say "the Right"...Graham and McCain are the two most Lefty Republicans in existence...The media brings them on because they won't do any damage to the party of their choice...They're "safe"...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2014, 03:02 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Re: Republicans over represented on Sunday Morning News

Quote:
Originally Posted by [QUOTE
cnredd;682130]But that's only because of ratings...

If they had nothing but Obama supporters on all day, there'd be no controversy...

...just a big, giant, Democrat circlejerk...and that wouldn't bring in ratings...

...so they bring in antagonists....This is Journalism 101...I don't understand why you wouldn't see that...
Nice try but the point is that the right cries a lot about the MSM but they are the MSM. They are on all the media more than the dems.
Quote:
BTW - Be careful when you say "the Right"...Graham and McCain are the two most Lefty Republicans in existence...The media brings them on because they won't do any damage to the party of their choice...They're "safe"...
They bring them on because they are attack dogs always barking at Obama. That is good for ratings ,aybe but it is not informational.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2014, 03:15 AM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,506
Thanks: 21,953
Thanked 18,612 Times in 11,938 Posts
Default Re: Republicans over represented on Sunday Morning News

When President Reagan was President the dems dominated the news media. Same with Bush 41. When Clinton was Pres. repubs dominated again. Bush 43, dems, and now obama repubs dominate again. Any news organization will tell you that the opposition will get more air time when they do not hold the White House. Like redd sasid, it's journalism 101.
__________________
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2014, 08:23 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Western Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,666
Thanks: 7,708
Thanked 4,100 Times in 2,669 Posts
Default Re: Republicans over represented on Sunday Morning News

They took their lessons from the Obama play book. After he trashed Romney relentlessly, and it worked, Hey why not....LOL

Kirk
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2014, 11:16 AM
rjaz's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,379
Thanks: 219
Thanked 735 Times in 504 Posts
Default Re: Republicans over represented on Sunday Morning News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
I have become a bit irritated at the amount of times I see McCain and Graham on the Sunday news shows.
McCain and Graham are hardly role-model Republicans. They are moderates with an (R) next to their name.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2014, 02:56 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,554
Thanks: 1,966
Thanked 13,206 Times in 8,268 Posts
Default Re: Republicans over represented on Sunday Morning News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
I have become a bit irritated at the amount of times I see McCain and Graham on the Sunday news shows.
There's a bunch of buttons on your remote control. One of them changes the channel and another turns the tv off.

That's the rumor anyways.
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hairy Jello For This Useful Post:
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2014, 04:10 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Anna Maria Island
Posts: 1,345
Thanks: 140
Thanked 570 Times in 402 Posts
Default Re: Republicans over represented on Sunday Morning News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
The news is also on the internet and I see who is on the Sunday shows and what they are saying. Mike Rogers has become the new Chatty Cathy. Of course he is in the same mold as the rest of the right ( and apparently the center). Attack Obama first.
I know it hurts your ears, Mikeyy, but someday you need to accept the fact that Barack Hussein Obama deserves being attacked. Face it, he's now a legendary f*ck up.

The newsmen are just doing their job.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
morning, news, over, represented, republicans, sunday

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0