Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > The Media
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Media Discuss Ridiculous Fox News Claim of the Day: Reason Caused the Holocaust at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by foundit66 Only in that answering the question is not convenient for you... It's akin to a wife ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Re: Ridiculous Fox News Claim of the Day: Reason Caused the Holocaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Only in that answering the question is not convenient for you...
It's akin to a wife asking "Why is there lipstick on your collar?" The fact that you don't want to answer doesn't invalidate the question.


I welcome you to answer the question and quote what she said which supposedly gives that interpretation.
Quite frankly, she was complaining about the "Day of Reason", listing all sorts of nonsense against it...


Can you say the word "lie" a few more times while avoiding my question?

You should know by now that I don't really care about personal attacks, except when people rely exclusively on them to avoid topical discussion which is what you're doing.
If all you're going to do is attack personally, you're boring me and proving yourself incapable of rational discussion.

Answer the question...
WHY would she even mention "moral relativism" and "holocaust" if there was never ANY link to reason in her rant?
It's stupid to bring it up if she wasn't pretending there was a link. The issue had nothing to do with "moral relativism"...
... UNLESS SHE CLAIMED A LINK from "reason" => "moral relativism" in the first place...
Funny how the lack of an answer wads their panties so.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikeyy For This Useful Post:
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2013, 12:27 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,311 Times in 9,282 Posts
Default Re: Ridiculous Fox News Claim of the Day: Reason Caused the Holocaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch907 View Post
Perhaps you could ask a question that isn't based on a false premis. Your asking if the car is blue or red while pointing at a bike, then getting upset when someone calls you on the fact that your lying about the car.

WHY would she even mention "moral relativism" and "holocaust" if there was never ANY link to reason in her rant?
It's stupid to bring it up if she wasn't pretending there was a link. The issue had nothing to do with "moral relativism"...
... UNLESS SHE CLAIMED A LINK from "reason" => "moral relativism" in the first place...

The question is not based on a false premise, unless you can explain exactly what that false premise is supposed to be...

I give my answer to the question, but clearly my question above is asking other people to give THEIR explanation as to why...

Don't shoot the messenger cause he's asking a question you don't wanna answer...
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,554
Thanks: 1,966
Thanked 13,208 Times in 8,270 Posts
Default Re: Ridiculous Fox News Claim of the Day: Reason Caused the Holocaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch907 View Post
Perhaps you could ask a question that isn't based on a false premis. Your asking if the car is blue or red while pointing at a bike, then getting upset when someone calls you on the fact that your lying about the car.
About the size of it. This is the 2nd or 3rd article posted by Foundit I've seen that was based on a lie or misleading article title. Not sure if he's just posting these articles without reading them or hoping no one else will notice it's all b*llsh*t. Anyone that knows how to read can see Fox News never made these claims and the article misquoted Nance. Can't take an article seriously when there's 2 lies right in the title.
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2013, 01:31 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,311 Times in 9,282 Posts
Post Re: Ridiculous Fox News Claim of the Day: Reason Caused the Holocaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Jello View Post
About the size of it. This is the 2nd or 3rd article posted by Foundit I've seen that was based on a lie or misleading article title. Not sure if he's just posting these articles without reading them or hoping no one else will notice it's all b*llsh*t. Anyone that knows how to read can see Fox News never made these claims and the article misquoted Nance. Can't take an article seriously when there's 2 lies right in the title.

It's hard to take your replies seriously when you can't answer a simple question...

First, "Ridiculous Fox News Claim of the Day" just indicates that the claim was made ON Fox News.
It was never claimed that a Fox News employee MADE the claim. In your repeated attempts to attack on this issue, you keep inserting the word MADE when it was never claimed in the first place.
That's YOUR lie.

Secondly, ANSWER THE QUESTION:
WHY would she even mention "moral relativism" and "holocaust" if there was never ANY link to reason in her rant?
It's stupid to bring it up if she wasn't pretending there was a link. The issue had nothing to do with "moral relativism"...
... UNLESS SHE CLAIMED A LINK from "reason" => "moral relativism" in the first place...

None of you have been able to answer the question.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,554
Thanks: 1,966
Thanked 13,208 Times in 8,270 Posts
Default Re: Ridiculous Fox News Claim of the Day: Reason Caused the Holocaust

As long as you understand Fox News didn't make this claim and Nance never said reason led to the Holocaust there's nothin' to argue about. We'll be on the same page. I'll let you and the others argue about what she meant. I'm just stickin' to the facts and bashing the shoddy journalism and 2 lies in the title of the article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post

It's hard to take your replies seriously when you can't answer a simple question...

First, "Ridiculous Fox News Claim of the Day" just indicates that the claim was made ON Fox News.
It was never claimed that a Fox News employee MADE the claim. In your repeated attempts to attack on this issue, you keep inserting the word MADE when it was never claimed in the first place.
That's YOUR lie.

Secondly, ANSWER THE QUESTION:
WHY would she even mention "moral relativism" and "holocaust" if there was never ANY link to reason in her rant?
It's stupid to bring it up if she wasn't pretending there was a link. The issue had nothing to do with "moral relativism"...
... UNLESS SHE CLAIMED A LINK from "reason" => "moral relativism" in the first place...

None of you have been able to answer the question.
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2013, 01:43 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,063
Thanks: 2,322
Thanked 36,955 Times in 20,938 Posts
Default Re: Ridiculous Fox News Claim of the Day: Reason Caused the Holocaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post

It's hard to take your replies seriously when you can't answer a simple question...

First, "Ridiculous Fox News Claim of the Day" just indicates that the claim was made ON Fox News.
It was never claimed that a Fox News employee MADE the claim. In your repeated attempts to attack on this issue, you keep inserting the word MADE when it was never claimed in the first place.
That's YOUR lie.
No...

I guarantee if Sean Penn walked into MSNBC studios, sat down for an interview, and said "We should be more Socialist like Cuba.", you would see a gazillion reports and blogs saying "Penn says..." and NOT ONE that would say "MSNBC says..."...

If anything, the only defense would be that this Nancy Pence isn't as recognizable as Sean Penn, so the author USED Fox to get the headline and linkbacks because "Ridiculous Pence Claim" doesn't draw the same attention...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66
Secondly, ANSWER THE QUESTION:
WHY would she even mention "moral relativism" and "holocaust" if there was never ANY link to reason in her rant?
It's stupid to bring it up if she wasn't pretending there was a link. The issue had nothing to do with "moral relativism"...
Irrelevent as to why she brought it up...

She DID bring it up, pointed out that moral relativism resulted in the Holocaust, and the article lies about it and says she said reason caused the Holocaust...

Here is your comment in the original post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66
So "reason" was part of the reason for the Holocaust?


The stupidity of it all is mind-boggling.
Notice you didn't wonder why she brought it up originally...

You just went with the "stupid" argument and left the discussion right there...

When discovered that what she said was NOT what the article claimed, you're trying to CHANGE THE SUBJECT...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2013, 02:14 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,311 Times in 9,282 Posts
Post Re: Ridiculous Fox News Claim of the Day: Reason Caused the Holocaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
I guarantee if Sean Penn walked into MSNBC studios, sat down for an interview, and said "We should be more Socialist like Cuba.", you would see a gazillion reports and blogs saying "Penn says..." and NOT ONE that would say "MSNBC says..."...
STOP right there.
You've already screwed with the actual situation.
NOBODY said "Fox News says..."
The quote is "Ridiculous Fox News Claim of the Day".

WHY can't you guys quote what was actually said? The fact that you guys perpetually try to reword it to insert the word "said" or "made" indicates the original quote IS NOT strong enough to arrive at your proclaimed conclusion.

"Fox News Claim of the Day" => Claim was MADE ON Fox News.
That's an entirely valid interpretation. One that actually fits the circumstances.
As I previously explained, it is not just Fox News that says the profoundly stupid stuff. Nobody is saying that.
Often, they invite guests who say profoundly stupid stuff.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
Irrelevent as to why she brought it up...
You know one thing that kills me out of all this is how some people try to chastise me for parsing words.
And here you go. Parsing words to ignore the overall context...

Her whole message was about attacking the "Day of Reason".
Your explanation provides NO intelligible explanation as to why she even brought up the holocaust in the first place.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
She DID bring it up, pointed out that moral relativism resulted in the Holocaust, and the article lies about it and says she said reason caused the Holocaust...
The article didn't lie about that.
IN CONTEXT, she is obviously proclaiming a causal link from Age of Reason => moral relativism => holocaust.

(And all this discussion is even bypassing the stupidity of her attempted association of "moral relativism => holocaust"
As I explained earlier, there is no link there. One could rationally claim a link between reason and moral relativism.
But moral relativism had no intelligible causal link to the holocaust. The nazis used the same sort of blood libel techniques and (misrepresented) Christian justification for their attacks on Jews.

Here is your comment in the original post...


Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
Notice you didn't wonder why she brought it up originally...
You just went with the "stupid" argument and left the discussion right there...
Because I thought people could interpret simple English language and didn't need me to belabor the obvious that she was saying "Reason" => "Moral Relativism" => "Holocaust".

Anybody who has taken logic can reasonably recognize in the above association that "Reason" => "Holocaust" can be a rational assessment.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
When discovered that what she said was NOT what the article claimed, you're trying to CHANGE THE SUBJECT...

Are you guys for freakin' real?
HOW am I trying to "CHANGE THE SUBJECT"?

I am responding DIRECTLY TO the arguments others are raising...
But supposedly I am the one trying to change the subject...
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foundit66 For This Useful Post:
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2013, 02:16 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,311 Times in 9,282 Posts
Post Re: Ridiculous Fox News Claim of the Day: Reason Caused the Holocaust

ANSWER THE QUESTION:
WHY would she even mention "moral relativism" and "holocaust" if there was never ANY link to reason in her rant?
It's stupid to bring it up if she wasn't pretending there was a link. The issue had nothing to do with "moral relativism"...
... UNLESS SHE CLAIMED A LINK from "reason" => "moral relativism" in the first place...

The fact that nobody is even trying to answer this question says something...
You guys are trying to parse her words so finely that her comment makes no sense in the actual context of her rant.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foundit66 For This Useful Post:
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,554
Thanks: 1,966
Thanked 13,208 Times in 8,270 Posts
Default Re: Ridiculous Fox News Claim of the Day: Reason Caused the Holocaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
The fact that nobody is even trying to answer this question says something...
You guys are trying to parse her words so finely that her comment makes no sense in the actual context of her rant.
We're still trying to bring the slower kids up to speed on how the article is garbage for stating Fox News claimed reason led to the Holocaust.

So Foundit posts an article with 2 lies right in the title. He didn't care way back in post #1 why anyone said it just the ridiculous notion that someone would be dumb enough to say it. Then when it's pointed out not only did Fox News not say this but Nance didn't even flucking say it Foundit wants to dig up the goal posts and haul them 5 miles down the road by trying to change the English language and understanding on what "gave way" means.

Wasn't going to get into this since you're the one that thinks Fox News said reason led to the Holocaust but I'll feel better about myself knowing I at least tried to help educate the world. "Gave way" means something was defeated/replaced, took a backseat to something else, etc. "Gave way" doesn't necessarily mean it had anything to do with what replaced it. I thought we all knew this but apparently people are so desperate to attack Fox News they're willing to lie and change the meanings of words and phrases we've all been using correctly for decades.

If you still can't get it I can't help you. Can't dumb it down any more. I suspect you know it's bullsh*t but too stubborn to admit you're wrong. You gave us this sh*tty lying article because you wanted to bash Fox News. When we showed you Fox News never said it you jumped on Nance for saying it. When we showed you Nance never said what your article claims you then try and argue what you think she meant by hoping we'd all forget common English language phrases. Next time just read the articles before getting excited and thinking you've found the smoking gun. Catching Fox News claiming reason brought us the Holocaust would be great for your cause but it never happened and no matter how hard you try to twist English it aint happening.

You threw up an article with 2 lies in the title because you didn't read the actual story and hoped we wouldn't either. You're busted and instead of doing the smart thing of asking for a lawyer and remaining silent you're still talking to detectives digging a deeper hole and making the case for the prosecution easier by the word.
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Jackass master's Avatar
Tired old ass
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: on top of the mountain
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,437
Thanks: 2,946
Thanked 4,198 Times in 2,459 Posts
Talking Re: Ridiculous Fox News Claim of the Day: Reason Caused the Holocaust

I am just trying to figure out why he is on a women's site searching for news....
__________________
I don't have much ammo, but will gladly waste some on you!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
caused, claim, day, fox, holocaust, news, reason, ridiculous, the

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0