Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Local Politics
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Local Politics Discuss Two Idaho State football players sue Idaho, Utah police at the Political Forums; Two Idaho State football players sue Idaho, Utah police The men claim they were victims of excessive force following a ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2018, 01:37 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 79,310
Thanks: 54,856
Thanked 25,978 Times in 18,534 Posts
Default Two Idaho State football players sue Idaho, Utah police

Two Idaho State football players sue Idaho, Utah police
Quote:
The men claim they were victims of excessive force following a crash on Dec. 14, 2016.
Author: Associated Press
Published: 12:14 PM MST December 20, 2018
Updated: 3:01 PM MST December 20, 2018
Two black Idaho State University football players are suing law enforcement in Idaho and Utah, claiming they were illegally detained and arrested, and victims of excessive force based on their race.

Nehemiah McFarlin and Atoatasi Fox filed a civil rights lawsuit Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Utah.

According to the complaint, McFarlin and Fox pulled over at an exit in Box Elder County, Utah, following a single-car crash on Dec. 14, 2016, in McFarlin's 2017 Chevy Camaro.

The complaint says officers arrived, and with weapons drawn, ordered McFarlin and Fox out of the car, searched them, handcuffed them and told them they were under arrest for robbing a bank in Malad.

The complaint says McFarlin and Fox insisted they were innocent, had alibis and could not have been in Malad at the time of the robbery.
What is wrong with people?
there needs to be some training upgrade for america police officers imho
__________________






Bible trivia: the shortest Psalm is also the middle verse of the Bible. (KJV)
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2018, 10:14 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,682
Thanks: 9,183
Thanked 7,485 Times in 4,510 Posts
Default Re: Two Idaho State football players sue Idaho, Utah police

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Two Idaho State football players sue Idaho, Utah police


What is wrong with people?
there needs to be some training upgrade for america police officers imho
Sounds like a more to the story story. I doubt they were pulled solely because they were black. More likely they fit the description of a couple of bank robbers.

Suing while black seems to be a new category of lawsuit.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-23-2018, 12:57 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 79,310
Thanks: 54,856
Thanked 25,978 Times in 18,534 Posts
Default Re: Two Idaho State football players sue Idaho, Utah police

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
Sounds like a more to the story story. I doubt they were pulled solely because they were black. More likely they fit the description of a couple of bank robbers.

Suing while black seems to be a new category of lawsuit.
they were beat up. they constantly said they had alibis. no police officers need better training in common sense.
a young officer was going to search a friend of mine for drugs a few years back, a very elderly white woman on her way to another town to visit relatives. Luckily an older officer stopped to lend a hand and stopped him saying, "Have a look at your situation here..."
the lady was driving a newer sedan (in a color popular with seniors), had a bobble headed dog toy in the rear window, etc.,...
people including police officers don't get enough common sense cause almost everybody's off the farm now and most people don't create things from scratch...etc.
yes there needs to be retraining.
__________________






Bible trivia: the shortest Psalm is also the middle verse of the Bible. (KJV)
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-23-2018, 11:03 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,682
Thanks: 9,183
Thanked 7,485 Times in 4,510 Posts
Default Re: Two Idaho State football players sue Idaho, Utah police

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
they were beat up. they constantly said they had alibis. no police officers need better training in common sense.
a young officer was going to search a friend of mine for drugs a few years back, a very elderly white woman on her way to another town to visit relatives. Luckily an older officer stopped to lend a hand and stopped him saying, "Have a look at your situation here..."
the lady was driving a newer sedan (in a color popular with seniors), had a bobble headed dog toy in the rear window, etc.,...
people including police officers don't get enough common sense cause almost everybody's off the farm now and most people don't create things from scratch...etc.
yes there needs to be retraining.
Where did you get the idea they were beat up? Not from anything I've read.

I have no idea what your post has to do with the current situation.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-24-2018, 01:20 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 79,310
Thanks: 54,856
Thanked 25,978 Times in 18,534 Posts
Default Re: Two Idaho State football players sue Idaho, Utah police

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
...

I have no idea what your post has to do with the current situation.
common sense?
__________________






Bible trivia: the shortest Psalm is also the middle verse of the Bible. (KJV)
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-24-2018, 01:27 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 79,310
Thanks: 54,856
Thanked 25,978 Times in 18,534 Posts
Default Re: Two Idaho State football players sue Idaho, Utah police

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
Sounds like a more to the story story. I doubt they were pulled solely because they were black. More likely they fit the description of a couple of bank robbers.

Suing while black seems to be a new category of lawsuit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
Where did you get the idea they were beat up? Not from anything I've read.

I have no idea what your post has to do with the current situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
common sense?
not beat sorry

"coerced, berated, threatened, and informed that they were going to prison for a very long time.
yes more to story here
__________________






Bible trivia: the shortest Psalm is also the middle verse of the Bible. (KJV)
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-27-2018, 01:29 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,342
Thanks: 327
Thanked 5,909 Times in 4,283 Posts
Default Re: Two Idaho State football players sue Idaho, Utah police

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
"coerced, berated, threatened, and informed that they were going to prison for a very long time.
If any person with a badge and a gun talked to me with those words coming out of the hole under his nose, I think I might enjoy my time in jail for wrapping his testicles around his neck and tying them into a bow.

I agree. Too many dumbasses out there playing professional police officer, and they probably still live with their mommies or grandmothers, and they know doodly squat about their job.

Note--I do know some people who were spoken to in that manner by doughnut eaters, but no professional police officers.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manitou For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
football, idaho, players, police, state, sue, two, utah

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0