Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Law & Order
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Law & Order Discuss Trial for Ahmaud Arbery's Killing at the Political Forums; So far in closing arguments the defense of the shooter has put up a very strong argument. The video recorder's ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2021, 03:06 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 87,985
Thanks: 57,054
Thanked 26,844 Times in 19,295 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Trial for Ahmaud Arbery's Killing

So far in closing arguments the defense of the shooter has put up a very strong argument.

The video recorder's lawyer is summing up now (also doing a good not perfect job)

I'll post the live in a minute.

So far reasonable doubt has been inserted I have yet to hear the prosecution summary. She's good and till now I thought it was a slam dunk, but she must disprove my present thinking.
__________________
ďHate is like an acid. It damages the vessel in which itís stored and destroys the vessels on which itís poured.Ē
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2021, 03:08 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 87,985
Thanks: 57,054
Thanked 26,844 Times in 19,295 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Trial for Ahmaud Arbery's Killing

here it is w/o commentary during trial but maybe in between I don't know.
Live:
__________________
ďHate is like an acid. It damages the vessel in which itís stored and destroys the vessels on which itís poured.Ē
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-24-2021, 01:18 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 87,985
Thanks: 57,054
Thanked 26,844 Times in 19,295 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Trial for Ahmaud Arbery's Killing

I guess the prosecutor did do a superb job proving this case to the jury.

My heart is torn, as I was sympathetic to the concerns of the community and how someone can get swept up in a moment.

Along with the other recent case, this case, at least proves to me without a shadow of a doubt, that gun laws are much too lax in this country and that wild west mentality is rampant to the point of dislodging common sense.
Perhaps if there is a bright side, the McMichael & co defendants' trial has shed some much needed light upon the attitudes of the citizens of Georgia, hopefully the entire country.
I say hopefully, as we must always have hope.
I also hope that mandatory sentencing be completely done away with and that more choices for charges be given to juries.
May God have mercy on the souls of the victims, all the defendants, as well as the jurors in both these cases. For it is only he and those involved who truly know what happened.
__________________
ďHate is like an acid. It damages the vessel in which itís stored and destroys the vessels on which itís poured.Ē
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2021, 06:58 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 20,278
Thanks: 13,902
Thanked 15,308 Times in 8,772 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Trial for Ahmaud Arbery's Killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
I guess the prosecutor did do a superb job proving this case to the jury.

My heart is torn, as I was sympathetic to the concerns of the community and how someone can get swept up in a moment.

Along with the other recent case, this case, at least proves to me without a shadow of a doubt, that gun laws are much too lax in this country and that wild west mentality is rampant to the point of dislodging common sense.
Perhaps if there is a bright side, the McMichael & co defendants' trial has shed some much needed light upon the attitudes of the citizens of Georgia, hopefully the entire country.
I say hopefully, as we must always have hope.
I also hope that mandatory sentencing be completely done away with and that more choices for charges be given to juries.
May God have mercy on the souls of the victims, all the defendants, as well as the jurors in both these cases. For it is only he and those involved who truly know what happened.
Right, Rittenhouse uses his gun in self defense, he is acquitted of the politically motivated charges. Three men act as vigilantes murdering a jogger, they are convicted by a jury. The justice system demonstrated in works as designed but "without a shadow of a doubt" the gun is to blame so we ought to give up our 2A rights.
__________________
If Democrats were confident their nominee actually received more than 80 million votes they wouldn't have more troops occupying Washington, DC than Lincoln had defending the city during the Civil War. Not Joe Biden, Kim Jung Biden.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2021, 08:13 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 87,985
Thanks: 57,054
Thanked 26,844 Times in 19,295 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Trial for Ahmaud Arbery's Killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Right, Rittenhouse uses his gun in self defense, he is acquitted of the politically motivated charges. Three men act as vigilantes murdering a jogger, they are convicted by a jury. The justice system demonstrated in works as designed but "without a shadow of a doubt" the gun is to blame so we ought to give up our 2A rights.
Both are vigilante killings imho. And yes I agree w/ you we should not sell AR-15 style guns to the general public, and what about a pump action rifle? Perhaps to own a gun period you should have to take a gun safety class which includes what to use as defense and when. The fact one of the witnesses in the McMichael trial, a neighborhood lady, went out into her yard in the dark with a military style weapon will throw caution to some hyped facebook "neighborhood watch" members. Seeing as how she might have easily gone to jail had she ended up shooting some innocent guy walking his dog.
__________________
ďHate is like an acid. It damages the vessel in which itís stored and destroys the vessels on which itís poured.Ē
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2021, 07:53 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,688
Thanks: 12,867
Thanked 9,378 Times in 5,335 Posts
Default Re: Trial for Ahmaud Arbery's Killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Both are vigilante killings imho. And yes I agree w/ you we should not sell AR-15 style guns to the general public, and what about a pump action rifle? Perhaps to own a gun period you should have to take a gun safety class which includes what to use as defense and when. The fact one of the witnesses in the McMichael trial, a neighborhood lady, went out into her yard in the dark with a military style weapon will throw caution to some hyped facebook "neighborhood watch" members. Seeing as how she might have easily gone to jail had she ended up shooting some innocent guy walking his dog.
Perhaps you should get a license to go online and post incoherent babble in exercising your 1st Amendment rights? As the 2nd Amendment does NOT include anything regarding requirements to exercise that right, you suggestion is nothing more than wishful thinking. Again, apply those same standards to the 1st Amendment and see if you agree.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2021, 07:10 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 20,278
Thanks: 13,902
Thanked 15,308 Times in 8,772 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Trial for Ahmaud Arbery's Killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Both are vigilante killings imho. And yes I agree w/ you we should not sell AR-15 style guns to the general public, and what about a pump action rifle? Perhaps to own a gun period you should have to take a gun safety class which includes what to use as defense and when. The fact one of the witnesses in the McMichael trial, a neighborhood lady, went out into her yard in the dark with a military style weapon will throw caution to some hyped facebook "neighborhood watch" members. Seeing as how she might have easily gone to jail had she ended up shooting some innocent guy walking his dog.
So now self defense is considered the same as a trio murdering a jogger because they claim he might have been a burglar? After consecutive nights of looting and arson a violent mob set upon an armed citizen with murderous intent because as Mao taught if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem. But the vigilantes bent on enforcing the Marxist law of the jungle are the real heros because of the nobility of their cause.

I am sorry if I gave you the impression I oppose law abiding citizens like Kyle Rittenhouse owning AR-15 style weapons. The polar opposite is true, the attack on Rittenhouse only confirms the need for citizens to be able to legally own semi-automatic weapons equipped with magazines of their choice. Had Rittenhouse been restricted to a bolt action or the puny magazines gun grabbers insist are necessary for public safety he'd most likely be dead but the same Democrat officials who abdicated their responsibility to uphold the rule of law would have turned the thugs loose on meager bail bonds.
__________________
If Democrats were confident their nominee actually received more than 80 million votes they wouldn't have more troops occupying Washington, DC than Lincoln had defending the city during the Civil War. Not Joe Biden, Kim Jung Biden.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
ahmaud, arbery, for, killing, trial

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0