Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   Law & Order (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/law-order/)
-   -   Police Kneeling with protesters and protesters respond by... (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/law-order/58733-police-kneeling-protesters-protesters-respond.html)

mr wonder 06-03-2020 06:27 AM

Police Kneeling with protesters and protesters respond by...
 
Police Kneeling with protesters and
protesters respond by...



Maybe Trump should take notes.
Can you respect cops AND acknowledge police violence and deescalate violent protest.
YES.

if you don't take and US vs THEM mindset.

AZRWinger 06-03-2020 07:46 AM

Re: Police Kneeling with protesters and protesters respond by...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr wonder (Post 988649)
Police Kneeling with protesters and
protesters respond by...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey8-e7UIK2E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcIeNUsyn3o

Maybe Trump should take notes.
Can you respect cops AND acknowledge police violence and deescalate violent protest.
YES.

if you don't take and US vs THEM mindset.

It's not Trump that's driving the Maoists ripping the country apart with a declaration that anyone not supporting their anarchy is a racist part of the problem.

It's nice to see police and peaceful petitioning of government for redress of grievances going smoothly but it's foolhardy to imply that is a universal model.

Quote:

A large gathering on Friday in Peninsula Park to honor Floyd, a Black man whose death at the hands of a white Minneapolis police officer has sparked outrage across the country, turned into a 4-mile march into downtown Portland. The protest devolved as protesters arrived at the Multnomah County Justice Center, the endpoint of the march. The Justice Center was lit on fire. Businesses were looted, broken and defaced.
https://www.opb.org/news/article/por...eful-protests/

The same sort of attack happened at the Minneapolis precinct station after city officials ordered police to abandon it to the violent mob of so-called protestors.

But we should take the admonition to be as one with the looters and arsonists by creating a space for those who wish to destroy. ;)

But don't worry about the Leftist thugs using peaceful protesters as human shields it's certain the business owners will rush to rebuild their establishments from the ashes if only President Trump will kneel before the anarchists. ;)

mr wonder 06-03-2020 08:33 AM

Re: Police Kneeling with protesters and protesters respond by...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 988652)
It's not Trump that's driving the Maoists ripping the country apart with a declaration that anyone not supporting their anarchy is a racist part of the problem.

It's nice to see police and peaceful petitioning of government for redress of grievances going smoothly but it's foolhardy to imply that is a universal model.



https://www.opb.org/news/article/por...eful-protests/

The same sort of attack happened at the Minneapolis precinct station after city officials ordered police to abandon it to the violent mob of so-called protestors.

But we should take the admonition to be as one with the looters and arsonists by creating a space for those who wish to destroy. ;)

But don't worry about the Leftist thugs using peaceful protesters as human shields it's certain the business owners will rush to rebuild their establishments from the ashes if only President Trump will kneel before the anarchists. ;)

It is a model for PART of what needs to be done and the mindset to approahing it.
as you say the number of Violent and looters and "Maoist" are a small number in the mix.

In DC the protesters themselves have begun to physically shutdown those supposedly AMONG them that wanted to tear down barricades and the like.

The question is do the cities and Gov't officials want to HEAL with the MANY and fight a few,
Or FIGHT everyone and sort them out later ... never?

FrancSevin 06-03-2020 08:57 AM

Re: Police Kneeling with protesters and protesters respond by...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr wonder (Post 988655)
It is a model for PART of what needs to be done and the mindset to approahing it.
as you say the number of Violent and looters and "Maoist" are a small number in the mix.

In DC the protesters themselves have begun to physically shutdown those supposedly AMONG them that wanted to tear down barricades and the like.

The question is do the cities and Gov't officials want to HEAL with the MANY and fight a few,
Or FIGHT everyone and sort them out later ... never?

With peaceful protestors, your idealism may well work.
However,,,;
Unless YOU have a magic formula...; How does anyone ever successfully negotiate with terrorist?

In the real world, Anarchist do not negotiate.

The police and authentic protestors of the senseless murder of Floyd in Minneapolis already agree. It was an unacceptable action by those officers. As your posting shows, they can come to terms without violence. But the burning cities are not about that. So the mayhem will continue no matter the tactics attempted to quell the rage. Because the looting and vandalism is not about Floyd.

And I believe you are smart enough to know it.

Dave1 06-03-2020 09:34 AM

Re: Police Kneeling with protesters and protesters respond by...
 
There are two different elements involved with this issue in cities all across the states....

One is legit, peaceful protesters trying to make change.....

The other is bogus violent criminals that are using this opportunity to break windows, steal merchandise, burn autos and buildings while laughing down main street....

Trump is right to go after the criminals hiding behind the protesters...…

Most everyone agrees that element must be stopped....

AZRWinger 06-03-2020 12:34 PM

Re: Police Kneeling with protesters and protesters respond by...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr wonder (Post 988655)
It is a model for PART of what needs to be done and the mindset to approahing it.
as you say the number of Violent and looters and "Maoist" are a small number in the mix.

In DC the protesters themselves have begun to physically shutdown those supposedly AMONG them that wanted to tear down barricades and the like.

The question is do the cities and Gov't officials want to HEAL with the MANY and fight a few,
Or FIGHT everyone and sort them out later ... never?

Tell the friends and family of police officer David Dorn slain when he tried to stop some of the "few" violent thugs from looting it's just a small minority of protestors the police ought to make peace with. :o

The DC peaceful protesters are beginning to eject the violent thugs in their ranks. Terrific, when they complete the purge then there is a basis for the civil order a prerequisite for negotiating. :thumbsup

mr wonder 06-03-2020 01:46 PM

Re: Police Kneeling with protesters and protesters respond by...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 988665)
Tell the friends and family of police officer David Dorn slain when he tried to stop some of the "few" violent thugs from looting it's just a small minority of protestors the police ought to make peace with. :o

The DC peaceful protesters are beginning to eject the violent thugs in their ranks. Terrific, when they complete the purge then there is a basis for the civil order a prerequisite for negotiating. :thumbsup

Ok couple of things come to mind here.

The police can NAME every soul on it's payroll. So if they have a "bad apple" spotted they have name address height, weight, shoe size martial status and SSnumber.

The peaceful protesters have no clue who's the bad actors are among them until they do something and then often don't have a clue who they are or where they came from.

Which Group should have an easier time Purging violent criminals from it's ranks?

Also, do the police work for the people? And do they have to be perfect before we "negotiate" with them? How hard should we come down on all the cops until they PURGE their ranks?

What's the prerequisite for police AZ?
Not putting knees on handcuffed people's necks for 10 minutes?
How about it if a cop has violent complaint against him 12 times He's fired?
what about 10... 6... 3.
"3 strikes you're out" laws have been on the books for "civilians" for some time now would you support the same for cops? 3 complaints and you're out.
to PURGE the bad players.

How about the cops purge their "bad apples" before we pay them, or grant anymore pension payments. or before we negotiate with them?

sorry, AZ but the cops are paid to deal with Violent criminals and looters WHILE protecting the rights of peaceful citizens to protest. And Not abuse the rights of honest citizens in the process. If they don't think they can do that then they probably should stay home. Or hey, maybe get training to do THAT job.

AZRWinger 06-03-2020 07:29 PM

Re: Police Kneeling with protesters and protesters respond by...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr wonder (Post 988667)
Ok couple of things come to mind here.

The police can NAME every soul on it's payroll. So if they have a "bad apple" spotted they have name address height, weight, shoe size martial status and SSnumber.

The peaceful protesters have no clue who's the bad actors are among them until they do something and then often don't have a clue who they are or where they came from.

Which Group should have an easier time Purging violent criminals from it's ranks?

Also, do the police work for the people? And do they have to be perfect before we "negotiate" with them? How hard should we come down on all the cops until they PURGE their ranks?

What's the prerequisite for police AZ?
Not putting knees on handcuffed people's necks for 10 minutes?
How about it if a cop has violent complaint against him 12 times He's fired?
what about 10... 6... 3.
"3 strikes you're out" laws have been on the books for "civilians" for some time now would you support the same for cops? 3 complaints and you're out.
to PURGE the bad players.

How about the cops purge their "bad apples" before we pay them, or grant anymore pension payments. or before we negotiate with them?

sorry, AZ but the cops are paid to deal with Violent criminals and looters WHILE protecting the rights of peaceful citizens to protest. And Not abuse the rights of honest citizens in the process. If they don't think they can do that then they probably should stay home. Or hey, maybe get training to do THAT job.

You just made the argument why the police shouldn't kneel before the mob, there is no way to know if they are showing solidarity with peaceful protesters or subservience to to violent thugs. Not even the members of the crowd can be trusted to know who is who. :eek

How many complaints is enough to get an officer dismissed? 18 wasn't enough to get the officer who brutally murdered Mr Floyd dismissed from the Minneapolis PD. In Democrat run Minneapolis with a black police chief. Yet, fantastically the charge is systemic racism by the police on a national level when a corrupt personnel system ignored evidence of a single officer being unfit for duty. :thumbsup

mr wonder 06-03-2020 10:04 PM

Re: Police Kneeling with protesters and protesters respond by...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 988680)
You just made the argument why the police shouldn't kneel before the mob, there is no way to know if they are showing solidarity with peaceful protesters or subservience to to violent thugs. Not even the members of the crowd can be trusted to know who is who. :eek

If the Cop's intent is to kneel WITH the protesters in solidarity then that's what they've done.
If there are violent thugs among them that show themselves then there are other physical ACTIONS to be taken by the cops.
One act doesn't cancel the other AZ.
why the either or on this?


Heck even towards the same person, you can honor your father by sincerely saying "Sir" and still take his keys away if he want's to drive drunk. or sit him down if he tries to hit you're mother.

cnredd 06-03-2020 11:10 PM

Re: Police Kneeling with protesters and protesters respond by...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave1 (Post 988658)
There are two different elements involved with this issue in cities all across the states....

One is legit, peaceful protesters trying to make change.....

The other is bogus violent criminals that are using this opportunity to break windows, steal merchandise, burn autos and buildings while laughing down main street....

Trump is right to go after the criminals hiding behind the protesters...

Most everyone agrees that element must be stopped....

The difference is the Media/Lefty narrative on protestors...According to them...

The 2 arrests at a Tea Party protest represented 469% of all Tea Party protestors as wanton criminals...

Meanwhile, the hundreds of arrests, instances of violence, looting, and murders during the current riots represent less than 0.00000000000000000000000000000001% of the puppy loving, innocent lambs called "Antifa" and Black Lives Matter"...

:rolls :mad


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0