Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Law & Order
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Law & Order Discuss Watch Live: Michael Cohen Testifies In House Oversight Committee at the Political Forums; edit/ best place to watch: House Oversite Website or cspan Watch Live: Michael Cohen Testifies In House Oversight Committee - ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2019, 04:07 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 88,604
Thanks: 57,250
Thanked 26,916 Times in 19,358 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Watch Live: Michael Cohen Testifies In House Oversight Committee

edit/ best place to watch: House Oversite Website
or cspan





Watch Live: Michael Cohen Testifies In House Oversight Committee - capradio.org

Quote:
(AP) — President Donald Trump's former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, is expected to give a behind-the-scenes account of what he will claim is Trump's lying, racism and cheating, and possibly even criminal conduct, when he testifies publicly before a House committee on Wednesday, according to a person with knowledge of the matter.

Cohen is expected to provide what he will claim is evidence, in the form of documents, of Trump's conduct, said the person, who requested anonymity to discuss the confidential testimony.

Trump's former personal "fixer" arrived on Capitol Hill Tuesday to begin three days of congressional appearances, starting with a closed-door interview with the Senate intelligence committee. The public won't have a chance to hear from him until Wednesday, when he testifies before the House Oversight and Reform Committee. He will go behind closed doors again when he talks to the House intelligence committee on Thursday.

White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said in a statement Tuesday it was "laughable that anyone would take a convicted liar like Cohen at his word, and pathetic to see him given yet another opportunity to spread his lies."
more at link

Tomorrow is the public testimony.

Quote:
Watch Cohen's testimony live here beginning at 7 a.m. on Feb. 27.


And here's another link.
Cohen’s House Oversight Testimony: How to Watch, Live Stream
__________________
Hello, You!
Happy Christmas!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2019, 12:21 AM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,350
Thanks: 2,461
Thanked 39,556 Times in 21,970 Posts
Default Re: Watch Live: Michael Cohen Testifies In House Oversight Committee

Lawyer up on charges for lying to Congress goes before Congress again, and this time, will tell the truth...We swearsies!!!!...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2019, 12:51 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 88,604
Thanks: 57,250
Thanked 26,916 Times in 19,358 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Watch Live: Michael Cohen Testifies In House Oversight Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
Lawyer up on charges for lying to Congress goes before Congress again, and this time, will tell the truth...We swearsies!!!!...
Yeah, First he lied that Trump paid off a prostitute with campaign money but he got caught in that lie with documented and eye witness, and recorded proof.
You're right.
__________________
Hello, You!
Happy Christmas!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2019, 11:32 AM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,946
Thanks: 14
Thanked 630 Times in 567 Posts
Default Re: Watch Live: Michael Cohen Testifies In House Oversight Committee

I find it funny that the Republican strategy is apparently to try to prove that the president's long-time personal lawyer, advisor and confidant was a sleazy criminal and conman.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Constant_Slothrop For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2019, 11:47 AM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 13,794
Thanks: 12,628
Thanked 10,433 Times in 6,288 Posts
Default Re: Watch Live: Michael Cohen Testifies In House Oversight Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
I find it funny that the Republican strategy is apparently to try to prove that the president's long-time personal lawyer, advisor and confidant was a sleazy criminal and conman.
Cohen is a lying sleaze, at least get the adjectives right! And Trump is a twit.

Any other brilliant observations you care to share?
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2019, 12:00 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,882
Thanks: 998
Thanked 7,935 Times in 5,684 Posts
Default Re: Watch Live: Michael Cohen Testifies In House Oversight Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
I find it funny that the Republican strategy is apparently to try to prove that the president's long-time personal lawyer, advisor and confidant was a sleazy criminal and conman.
You're right. I don't get why a sleazy, ubiquitous liar cannot be given any respect. Those bad ol' meanies![/SARCASM HEAVILY DRIPPING]
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2019, 01:03 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,350
Thanks: 2,461
Thanked 39,556 Times in 21,970 Posts
Default Re: Watch Live: Michael Cohen Testifies In House Oversight Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
I find it funny that the Republican strategy is apparently to try to prove that the president's long-time personal lawyer, advisor and confidant was a sleazy criminal and conman.
He was defended UNTIL he was found to be unethical...

Isn't that the way it works with everyone?...People you trust BECOME untrustworthy when you find they weren't worth trusting?...

In this case, Cohen showed no reason to believe he was sleazy UNTIL he declared that he SECRETLY taped conversations with his client, Trump...

That is totally unethical behavior, and anyone with an IQ above 7 would immediately became distrustful and find him sleazy...

In a move that stuns reality and defies logic, it was this same occasion that made the Left LIKE HIM...

Imagine that...He was tops on the Liberal hate-fest list until he showed he couldn't even be trusted with his own clients, and THEN was embraced by the same Liberals...

Also, Conservatives are offended and find him sleazy when he lied to Congress under oath...At the same time, the Left started LIKING him after he lied to Congress under oath...Once again, logic has been defied...

That shows this is 100% political...It's inconceivable to hate someone when there's nothing proven he did anything wrong, and then love him after he proved he did many things wrong...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2019, 01:11 PM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,946
Thanks: 14
Thanked 630 Times in 567 Posts
Default Re: Watch Live: Michael Cohen Testifies In House Oversight Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
He was defended UNTIL he was found to be unethical...

Isn't that the way it works with everyone?...People you trust BECOME untrustworthy when you find they weren't worth trusting?...

In this case, Cohen showed no reason to believe he was sleazy UNTIL he declared that he SECRETLY taped conversations with his client, Trump...

That is totally unethical behavior, and anyone with an IQ above 7 would immediately became distrustful and find him sleazy...

In a move that stuns reality and defies logic, it was this same occasion that made the Left LIKE HIM...

Imagine that...He was tops on the Liberal hate-fest list until he showed he couldn't even be trusted with his own clients, and THEN was embraced by the same Liberals...

Also, Conservatives are offended and find him sleazy when he lied to Congress under oath...At the same time, the Left started LIKING him after he lied to Congress under oath...Once again, logic has been defied...

That shows this is 100% political...It's inconceivable to hate someone when there's nothing proven he did anything wrong, and then love him after he proved he did many things wrong...
He didnít suddenly go from ethically upstanding citizen to sleazy crook overnight. Trump was perfectly happy to have an unethical conman working for him until he turned on him. At some point, Trump supporters are going to have to deal with the fact that their guy is an ethical and moral cretin.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Constant_Slothrop For This Useful Post:
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2019, 01:24 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,882
Thanks: 998
Thanked 7,935 Times in 5,684 Posts
Default Re: Watch Live: Michael Cohen Testifies In House Oversight Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
He didnít suddenly go from ethically upstanding citizen to sleazy crook overnight. Trump was perfectly happy to have an unethical conman working for him until he turned on him. At some point, Trump supporters are going to have to deal with the fact that their guy is an ethical and moral cretin.
I don't know what all that has to do with the sleazebag suddenly becoming a favored darling of the left.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2019, 01:25 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,350
Thanks: 2,461
Thanked 39,556 Times in 21,970 Posts
Default Re: Watch Live: Michael Cohen Testifies In House Oversight Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
He didn’t suddenly go from ethically upstanding citizen to sleazy crook overnight.
Happens all of the time...

A priest goes from "trustworthy moral leader" to "sexual predator" overnight...

Bernie Madoff went from "financial genius" to "criminal ponze schemer"...

Hell!...Jussie Smollett went from "victim" to "arrested" overnight...

The difference is, as stated, you and you buddies on the Left side of the aisle hated him UNTIL he was found to be unethical, then liked him...

Whereas, me and my buddies on the Right side of the aisle liked him UNTIL he was found to be unethical, then hated him...

Which side is logical again?...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
Trump was perfectly happy to have an unethical conman working for him until he turned on him. At some point, Trump supporters are going to have to deal with the fact that their guy is an ethical and moral cretin.
If Trump knew his conversations were being taped unethically, he would've been gone over a decade ago...as any client paying for lawyer activity would do...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
cohen, committee, house, live, michael, oversight, testifies, watch

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0