Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Law & Order
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Law & Order Discuss Trump responds to new FBI informant reports at the Political Forums; https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...a-probe-598051 President Donald Trump on Saturday appeared to respond to new reports that an FBI informant had reached out to ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2018, 01:51 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 76,473
Thanks: 54,060
Thanked 25,706 Times in 18,301 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Trump responds to new FBI informant reports

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...a-probe-598051

President Donald Trump on Saturday appeared to respond to new reports that an FBI informant had reached out to multiple campaign aides during the 2016 presidential campaign.

"If the FBI or DOJ was infiltrating a campaign for the benefit of another campaign, that is a really big deal," the president wrote on Twitter.

On Friday night, the New York Times reported that an unnamed FBI informant talked to two campaign advisers who allegedly had suspicious contacts with individuals linked to Russia. The Times did not name the informant, but described the person as an "American academic who teaches in Britain" and who made contact with Trump foreign policy advisers George Papadopoulos and Carter Page.

The alleged informant's name has been published by conservative media outlets and circulated widely on Twitter.




So Trump is trying to say this is political

He's about as full as a Christmas turkey on that and his fate may be similar if he's not careful

screwed the Americans who voted for the criminal, but if he screws Russia all bets are off
__________________


This whole @benshapiro offering to debate @Ocasio2018 issue is ridiculous and shows the bias of the media in favor of the right-wing. Fine, I offer the same $10,000 to debate @tedcruz. Not joking. Guaranteed it gets no coverage. Why won't the bumbling coward Ted Cruz debate me?!
Cenk Uygur
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2018, 07:46 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,252
Thanks: 1,444
Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,760 Posts
Default Re: Trump responds to new FBI informant reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...a-probe-598051

President Donald Trump on Saturday appeared to respond to new reports that an FBI informant had reached out to multiple campaign aides during the 2016 presidential campaign.

"If the FBI or DOJ was infiltrating a campaign for the benefit of another campaign, that is a really big deal," the president wrote on Twitter.

On Friday night, the New York Times reported that an unnamed FBI informant talked to two campaign advisers who allegedly had suspicious contacts with individuals linked to Russia. The Times did not name the informant, but described the person as an "American academic who teaches in Britain" and who made contact with Trump foreign policy advisers George Papadopoulos and Carter Page.

The alleged informant's name has been published by conservative media outlets and circulated widely on Twitter.



So Trump is trying to say this is political

He's about as full as a Christmas turkey on that and his fate may be similar if he's not careful

screwed the Americans who voted for the criminal, but if he screws Russia all bets are off
The informant was never a part of the Trump campaign nor was the FBI's investigation politically motivated. The FBI's only interest was in finding out what the Russian connections were for George Papadopoulos and Carter Page both of which the FBI knew had been in contact with agents of the Russian government.

Something that's interesting is that Paul Manafort retroactively registered as an agent of the Russian government during the time period when he was the Trump campaign chairman. Donald Trump didn't need to contact anyone outside of his own campaign to be in contact with an agent of the Russian government. When the Trump Tower meeting occurred, and the discussion was on the sanctions imposed because of the Russian involvement in the Ukraine, the Trump campaign sent it's own "Russian" agent, Paul Manafort, that had been involved in the Russian activities in the Ukraine.

Everyone in Washington DC knew about Manafort's work for the Russians in the Ukraine and that Trump would employ Manafort in any capacity in his campaign shocked the political elite in Washington. Even after Manafort left the Trump campaign his underling, Rick Gates, continued to be the Deputy Chairman of the Trump campaign and Rick Gates was in constant contact with the GRU (Russian intelligence) through an intermediary that was a former GRU officer.

Everyone keeps looking outside of the Trump campaign for collusion with the Russians and they don't have to. Russian agents were a part of the Trump campaign.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShivaTD For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2018, 08:33 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,252
Thanks: 1,444
Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,760 Posts
Default Re: Trump responds to new FBI informant reports

One of the most serious problems is that Trump supporters are being lied to by people on Fox News. Watching Lou Dobbs last night I was somewhat shocked by what Dobbs was saying.

Dobbs referred to the fact that the Rudy Giuliani was informed at a meeting with the Mueller investigators that no criminal charges were going to be filed against Donald Trump. He claimed that because criminal charges are not being sought the investigation should be ended. It's been known that the DOJ will not indict a sitting president regardless of what crimes the President commits because of unanswered Constitutional issues. That doesn't imply the president hasn't committed any crimes or that the evidence of the crime shouldn't be gathered. We don't even know if a sitting president can be arrested because all of the law enforcement agencies are subordinate to the authority of the President. If Donald Trump shot and killed Mike Pence on live TV what law enforcement agency would have the jurisdiction to arrest Trump?

The results of investigation of Donald Trump will be contained in a report to the DOJ (Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein) and it can present evidence of a criminal act committed by Donald Trump. That report can be used for impeachment and removal from office by Congress and if Trump did commit crimes he can be indicted and prosecuted the day he's no longer a sitting president.

Those other than Donald Trump can and will be indicted if evidence exists establishing they committed criminal acts. That investigation will and must proceed.

Dobbs referred to the "partisan Clinton campaign funded fraudulent Steele dossier" as being the core of the FBI investigation. This is actually a fraudulent claim. Christopher Steele never worked for the DNC/Clinton campaign (Steele was employed as a contractor by Fusion GPS). Steele never had any prior knowledge about the DNC/Clinton campaign contract with Fusion GPS and never had any partisan leanings. The Steele "dossier" (memos to the FBI) was completely unrelated to the DNC/Clinton campaign and they never received any information from Steele's contacts with the FBI. The Steele "dossier" was never the source of the FBI investigation into possible involvement of the Trump campaign that originated before Christopher Steele ever contacted the FBI. Finally much of the intelligence contained in Steele "dossier" was known by the FBI from other intelligence sources before Steele contacted the FBI, more of it's since been confirmed by both evidence and intelligence gathered by the FBI, and nothing in the Steele "dossier" of importance has been disproven so it's not a misleading or deceitful (fraudulent) document.

Dobbs claimed there's a "Deep State" partisan conspiracy against Donald Trump. "Deep State" refers to career government employees that are dedicated to the Rule of Law and the US Constitution and not to any political leader or partisan agenda for the United States.

Dobbs, and GOP members of Congress, claim there's no evidence of collusion by the Trump campaign with the Russians. "Collusion" is not a crime but "conspiracy" is. Congress, in it's role of oversight, does not engage in law enforcement investigations and does not gather evidence for criminal prosecutions. Members of Congress do not have access to the evidence that the ongoing criminal investigation by the FBI and the Mueller investigation has gathered and cannot make any determination or valid statement related to whether that evidence exists or not.

Donald Trump and members of the GOP are demanding that evidence related to the Russia-Trump investigation be turned over for review but the DOJ never releases information related to an ongoing criminal investigation. To release that information while the investigation is still ongoing compromises the integrity of the investigation. After the investigation is complete then, and only then, are documents related to the investigation available for review by Congress so it can fulfill it's role of oversight of the actions by the President and agencies under the President.

From the first day when Trump had private discussions with FBI Director James Comey about the ongoing Russia-Trump campaign criminal investigation to today's demands for documents related to an ongoing criminal investigation these actions have been highly inappropriate and all smack of attempts to obstruct justice by Donald Trump and the Republican members of the "Freedom Caucus" in the House of Representatives.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShivaTD For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2018, 05:08 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 76,473
Thanks: 54,060
Thanked 25,706 Times in 18,301 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Trump responds to new FBI informant reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
...

...

Donald Trump and members of the GOP are demanding that evidence related to the Russia-Trump investigation be turned over for review but the DOJ never releases information related to an ongoing criminal investigation. To release that information while the investigation is still ongoing compromises the integrity of the investigation. After the investigation is complete then, and only then, are documents related to the investigation available for review by Congress so it can fulfill it's role of oversight of the actions by the President and agencies under the President.

From the first day when Trump had private discussions with FBI Director James Comey about the ongoing Russia-Trump campaign criminal investigation to today's demands for documents related to an ongoing criminal investigation these actions have been highly inappropriate and all smack of attempts to obstruct justice by Donald Trump and the Republican members of the "Freedom Caucus" in the House of Representatives.
"Freedom Caucus" is just another word for Commie Pink-O.
__________________


This whole @benshapiro offering to debate @Ocasio2018 issue is ridiculous and shows the bias of the media in favor of the right-wing. Fine, I offer the same $10,000 to debate @tedcruz. Not joking. Guaranteed it gets no coverage. Why won't the bumbling coward Ted Cruz debate me?!
Cenk Uygur
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2018, 08:51 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 15,971
Thanks: 8,895
Thanked 9,568 Times in 5,844 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Trump responds to new FBI informant reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
The informant was never a part of the Trump campaign nor was the FBI's investigation politically motivated. The FBI's only interest was in finding out what the Russian connections were for George Papadopoulos and Carter Page both of which the FBI knew had been in contact with agents of the Russian government.

Something that's interesting is that Paul Manafort retroactively registered as an agent of the Russian government during the time period when he was the Trump campaign chairman. Donald Trump didn't need to contact anyone outside of his own campaign to be in contact with an agent of the Russian government. When the Trump Tower meeting occurred, and the discussion was on the sanctions imposed because of the Russian involvement in the Ukraine, the Trump campaign sent it's own "Russian" agent, Paul Manafort, that had been involved in the Russian activities in the Ukraine.

Everyone in Washington DC knew about Manafort's work for the Russians in the Ukraine and that Trump would employ Manafort in any capacity in his campaign shocked the political elite in Washington. Even after Manafort left the Trump campaign his underling, Rick Gates, continued to be the Deputy Chairman of the Trump campaign and Rick Gates was in constant contact with the GRU (Russian intelligence) through an intermediary that was a former GRU officer.

Everyone keeps looking outside of the Trump campaign for collusion with the Russians and they don't have to. Russian agents were a part of the Trump campaign.
Again you are wildly off from the facts with your wild speculation and partisan accusations.

The characterization of Obama's deep state partisan intelligence and law enforcement appointees as patriotic Americans simply concerned about the Russian boogeyman is nonsense. The FBI recruited an informant to spy on the Trump campaign based on nothing but hatred and political animosity. They signed off on multiple secret surveillance warrants based on opposition research generated under contract to Hillary's campaign. This is classic KGB style political sabotage.

Manafort registered retroactively as an agent of the Ukrainian government, not Russia. He was joined by his lobbying partner, the brother of Hillary's campaign manager John Podesta. Manafort was indicted for violating a 1938 law designed to combat Nazi influence while Podesta's involvement has been flushed down the memory hole by a special persecutor infatuated with a political witch hunt.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-gates-ukraine

After more than a year of investigation by Mueller's band of rabid Democrats posing as prosecutors there are no indictments or convictions of any Trump campaign or administration officials for conspiring with the Russians or any other foreign power to influence the election. Instead what has been revealed is a clear pattern of corrupting Federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies for partisan political purposes.
__________________
The Democrat's strategy for the Trump Presidency is the same one used by Stalin's secret police chief "show me the man and I will show you the crime."
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2018, 03:42 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 76,473
Thanks: 54,060
Thanked 25,706 Times in 18,301 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Trump responds to new FBI informant reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Again you are wildly off from the facts with your wild speculation and partisan accusations.

The characterization of Obama's deep state partisan intelligence and law enforcement appointees as patriotic Americans simply concerned about the Russian boogeyman is nonsense. The FBI recruited an informant to spy on the Trump campaign based on nothing but hatred and political animosity. They signed off on multiple secret surveillance warrants based on opposition research generated under contract to Hillary's campaign. This is classic KGB style political sabotage.

Manafort registered retroactively as an agent of the Ukrainian government, not Russia. He was joined by his lobbying partner, the brother of Hillary's campaign manager John Podesta. Manafort was indicted for violating a 1938 law designed to combat Nazi influence while Podesta's involvement has been flushed down the memory hole by a special persecutor infatuated with a political witch hunt.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-gates-ukraine

After more than a year of investigation by Mueller's band of rabid Democrats posing as prosecutors there are no indictments or convictions of any Trump campaign or administration officials for conspiring with the Russians or any other foreign power to influence the election. Instead what has been revealed is a clear pattern of corrupting Federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies for partisan political purposes.

I'm afraid you've drunk too much of the koolaide, Sir.

An Australian secret service person reported his conversation with a drunk trump surrogate (who spilled the beans about Russian connection) to the US.
Our CIA & French and UK SS having uncovered that Russia had interfered in our election, turned this info over to the FBI, which began to investigate. using maniforte's criminal investigative info, and Flynn's, and whatever the other countries have and including the reports sent in to Jeb Bush/Hillary Clinton supporters which were put into a dossier.
__________________


This whole @benshapiro offering to debate @Ocasio2018 issue is ridiculous and shows the bias of the media in favor of the right-wing. Fine, I offer the same $10,000 to debate @tedcruz. Not joking. Guaranteed it gets no coverage. Why won't the bumbling coward Ted Cruz debate me?!
Cenk Uygur
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fbi, informant, new, reports, responds, trump

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0