Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Law & Order
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Law & Order Discuss "Our Oath of Office" at the Political Forums; https://www2.fbi.gov/publications/le...r2009/oath.htm The Constitution of the United States It is significant that we take an oath to support and defend the ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2018, 02:57 PM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,458
Thanks: 1,060
Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,190 Posts
Default "Our Oath of Office"

https://www2.fbi.gov/publications/le...r2009/oath.htm


Quote:
The Constitution of the United States

It is significant that we take an oath to support and defend the Constitution and not an individual leader, ruler, office, or entity. This is true for the simple reason that the Constitution is based on lasting principles of sound government that provide balance, stability, and consistency through time. A government based on individuals—who are inconsistent, fallible, and often prone to error—too easily leads to tyranny on the one extreme or anarchy on the other. The founding fathers sought to avoid these extremes and create a balanced government based on constitutional principles.

The American colonists were all too familiar with the harmful effects of unbalanced government and oaths to individual rulers. For example, the English were required to swear loyalty to the crown, and many of the early colonial documents commanded oaths of allegiance to the king.14 The founding fathers saw that such a system was detrimental to the continued liberties of a free people. A study of both ancient and modern history illustrates this point. One fairly recent example can be seen in the oaths of Nazi Germany. On August 19, 1934, 90 percent of Germany voted for Hitler to assume complete power. The very next day, Hitler’s cabinet decreed the Law On the Allegiance of Civil Servants and Soldiers of the Armed Forces. This law abolished all former oaths and required that all soldiers and public servants declare an oath of unquestioned obedience to “Adolf Hitler, Fuhrer of the German Reich and people.”15 Although many of the officers in Hitler’s regime came to realize the error of his plans, they were reluctant to stop him because of the oath of loyalty they had taken to the Fuhrer.16


"I need loyalty. I expect loyalty," Trump said, according to Comey.
__________________
The total number of contacts between the tRUmp team
and Russia-linked operatives that we know about so far is 82.
Among these contacts were 24 meetings
. -- SOURCE --
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedState For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2018, 04:43 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,103
Thanks: 3,439
Thanked 4,361 Times in 3,064 Posts
Default Re: "Our Oath of Office"

Are you trying to make a point? let's see if I can guess

Trump=Nazi

Who was that last POTUS that said " I do not want, or expect, any loyalty from anyone in my administration"

Last edited by Dog Man; 02-06-2018 at 04:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2018, 05:27 PM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,458
Thanks: 1,060
Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,190 Posts
Default Re: "Our Oath of Office"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
Are you trying to make a point? let's see if I can guess

Trump=Nazi

Who was that last POTUS that said " I do not want, or expect, any loyalty from anyone in my administration"
Well we certainly know which one fired the FBI director because he wouldn't swear loyalty to him.
__________________
The total number of contacts between the tRUmp team
and Russia-linked operatives that we know about so far is 82.
Among these contacts were 24 meetings
. -- SOURCE --
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2018, 06:11 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,655
Thanks: 9,557
Thanked 5,806 Times in 3,924 Posts
Default Re: "Our Oath of Office"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
https://www2.fbi.gov/publications/le...r2009/oath.htm

"I need loyalty. I expect loyalty," Trump said, according to Comey.
All during the Campiagn Trump broadcast that he expected his will to be law and his people to -WORK FOR HIM- as he expects in his biz.
the idea that the constitution was a barrier to what he wanted to do had to be BROUGHT up to him on several occasions publicly. After which he decided to "consult a lawyer" or find other ways.

He did NOT run on being a servant of the constitution or the people. He ran on Him being Donald Trump who could get things done..." believe me..."
period.
whether or not those things aligned with the constitution, conservative ideals, good sense, or good morals did not play into it.

anyone who thought he cared about the constitution, traditional conservatism etc, or the legal and ethical limits of the president as Chief executive of one branch of gov't wasn't paying close attention.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2018, 11:02 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 53,291
Thanks: 2,074
Thanked 32,994 Times in 19,193 Posts
Default Re: "Our Oath of Office"

FLASHBACK: Obama Requested a LOYALTY PLEDGE from Robert Gates


I'd also like to point out Obama didn't have to demand loyalty from his inner circle because, leading the political life for over a decade, his inner circle was filled with people he'd dealt with for years...Whether directly or not, they pledged their loyalty a looooong time ago...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2018, 11:46 PM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,458
Thanks: 1,060
Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,190 Posts
Default Re: "Our Oath of Office"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
FLASHBACK: Obama Requested a LOYALTY PLEDGE from Robert Gates

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TEYpB3z0Is

I'd also like to point out Obama didn't have to demand loyalty from his inner circle because, leading the political life for over a decade, his inner circle was filled with people he'd dealt with for years...Whether directly or not, they pledged their loyalty a looooong time ago...


Nowhere in this video does Gates make the claim that Obama requested a loyalty pledge from him. I even Googled the claim and could find nothing. However Gates was the National Security advisor, in Obama's cabinet. Those are hand selected people expected to push the Presidents agenda. The FBI director is supposed to be separate and independent. The FBI directors job is not to push for the president's agenda or do his bidding. There were many abuses before these standards and norms were created.

Honestly I don't even know why I should I have to say any of this.
__________________
The total number of contacts between the tRUmp team
and Russia-linked operatives that we know about so far is 82.
Among these contacts were 24 meetings
. -- SOURCE --
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2018, 12:54 AM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 53,291
Thanks: 2,074
Thanked 32,994 Times in 19,193 Posts
Default Re: "Our Oath of Office"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Nowhere in this video does Gates make the claim that Obama requested a loyalty pledge from him.
And saying "I expect loyalty. I need loyalty" is NOT a "pledge" either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState
I even Googled the claim and could find nothing.
The MSM doing their job...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState
However Gates was the National Security advisor, in Obama's cabinet. Those are hand selected people expected to push the Presidents agenda. The FBI director is supposed to be separate and independent. The FBI directors job is not to push for the president's agenda or do his bidding. There were many abuses before these standards and norms were created.
Have you heard the names "Loretta Lynch" and "James Comey"???...

AND the FBI director can (and in this case, was) fired by the president...That's NOT "separate"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState
Honestly I don't even know why I should I have to say any of this.
You haven't show any oath Trump forced upon anyone...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2018, 01:27 AM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,458
Thanks: 1,060
Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,190 Posts
Default Re: "Our Oath of Office"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
And saying "I expect loyalty. I need loyalty" is NOT a "pledge" either...
.


Quote:
The MSM doing their job...
Right, just like your handpicked dishonest video.

Quote:
Have you heard the names "Loretta Lynch" and "James Comey"???...
Yeah, one was Attorney General and the other was FBI Director. Your point?

Quote:
AND the FBI director can (and in this case, was) fired by the president...That's NOT "separate"...
Yeah pretty sure everyone knows this. Again, I'm failing to see your point.

Quote:
You haven't show any oath Trump forced upon anyone...
Well obviously James Comey refused. Sorta the point here.

I'm starting to think that I think too highly of you redd. And that makes me sad.
__________________
The total number of contacts between the tRUmp team
and Russia-linked operatives that we know about so far is 82.
Among these contacts were 24 meetings
. -- SOURCE --
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2018, 11:14 AM
lurch907's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alaska, the greatest place on earth.
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,602
Thanks: 1,039
Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,712 Posts
Default Re: "Our Oath of Office"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Well we certainly know which one fired the FBI director because he wouldn't swear loyalty to him.
Do you believe every left wing conspiracy theory that comes out?
Comey was fired because he's incompetent, the only thing President Trump did wrong was not fire him on day one.
BTW your left wing brethren didn't think much of him either:

"Maybe he's not in the right job" Nancy Pelosi

"I am writing to inform you that my office has determined that these actions may violate the Hatch Act, which bars FBI officials from using their official authority to influence an election,” “Through your partisan actions, you may have broken the law.” Harry Reid

“I do not have confidence in him any longer,” Chuck Schumer

“The FBI director has no credibility.” Maxine Waters

“He embarrassed this nation, he possibly influenced the outcome of a presidential election, and he should not hold any position of trust, whatsoever, in our government.” G.K. Butterfield
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lurch907 For This Useful Post:
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2018, 11:15 AM
lurch907's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alaska, the greatest place on earth.
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,602
Thanks: 1,039
Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,712 Posts
Default Re: "Our Oath of Office"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Again, I'm failing to see your point.
Of this, there is no doubt.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
our oath of office

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0