Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Law & Order
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Law & Order Discuss Portland police to halt, purge all gang designations at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by Surly Define "is found" Police should not be allowed to say hey, that kid looks like he ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2017, 12:41 PM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Between Oz and a hard place
Posts: 10,189
Thanks: 7,935
Thanked 6,469 Times in 4,200 Posts
Default Re: Portland police to halt, purge all gang designations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
Define "is found" Police should not be allowed to say hey, that kid looks like he is in the gang and screw up the rest of his life. I know you know this.
Found, as in exactly what I said.

I agree that they should not just look at a kid on the street and do a judgment call, with no collaborating evidence.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you can't laugh at yourself, you might as well get embalmed
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2017, 03:39 PM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,097
Thanks: 2,299
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,999 Posts
Default Re: Portland police to halt, purge all gang designations

OK then, so do I and that is all I was saying. Just "found" as you use it should not meant the kid looks like a gangster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
Found, as in exactly what I said.

I agree that they should not just look at a kid on the street and do a judgment call, with no collaborating evidence.
__________________
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
Geez surly, are you that blind or just that dumb.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2017, 03:51 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,269
Thanks: 173
Thanked 5,118 Times in 3,719 Posts
Default Re: Portland police to halt, purge all gang designations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
So why are you ok with it screwing up their life?
I''ll bet you cannot explain the logic or beauty of dumbasses being in a gang, just like liberals cannot explain the logic or beauty of dumbasses being in a cult, like Islam.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2017, 04:16 PM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,097
Thanks: 2,299
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,999 Posts
Default Re: Portland police to halt, purge all gang designations

Often I look at your post and try to imagine some inner intelligent meaning. My first impression of most of your posts is they are meaningless babble. Does this one have any occult meaning?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
I''ll bet you cannot explain the logic or beauty of dumbasses being in a gang, just like liberals cannot explain the logic or beauty of dumbasses being in a cult, like Islam.
__________________
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
Geez surly, are you that blind or just that dumb.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2017, 04:30 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,269
Thanks: 173
Thanked 5,118 Times in 3,719 Posts
Default Re: Portland police to halt, purge all gang designations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
Often I look at your post and try to imagine some inner intelligent meaning. My first impression of most of your posts is they are meaningless babble. Does this one have any occult meaning?
Nothing occult about it. It is as clear as the meaning in your post #2.

On the other hand,

"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe." --Lex Luthor, from SUPERMAN

More clarification, if you need it:

One cannot be convic---Oh! Never mind.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2017, 04:38 PM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,097
Thanks: 2,299
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,999 Posts
Default Re: Portland police to halt, purge all gang designations

Yea, that's pretty much what I thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Nothing occult about it. It is as clear as the meaning in your post #2.

On the other hand,

"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe." --Lex Luthor, from SUPERMAN

More clarification, if you need it:

One cannot be convic---Oh! Never mind.
__________________
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
Geez surly, are you that blind or just that dumb.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2017, 04:42 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,269
Thanks: 173
Thanked 5,118 Times in 3,719 Posts
Default Re: Portland police to halt, purge all gang designations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
Yea, that's pretty much what I thought.


Unfortunately, that's also what I thought when I used your quote.

I couldn't for the life of me locate the forehead slapping smilie.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2017, 04:45 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,269
Thanks: 173
Thanked 5,118 Times in 3,719 Posts
Default Re: Portland police to halt, purge all gang designations

I predict Portland's next genius move will be to remove all physical description of suspects.

The only description allowed will be, "human, with both feet having the capability of reaching the ground."
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2017, 04:50 PM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,097
Thanks: 2,299
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,999 Posts
Default Re: Portland police to halt, purge all gang designations

So you really don't have a problem with the police looking at a kid, labeling him a gangster, and ruining his life with no proof of wrongdoing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
I predict Portland's next genius move will be to remove all physical description of suspects.

The only description allowed will be, "human, with both feet having the capability of reaching the ground."
__________________
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
Geez surly, are you that blind or just that dumb.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2017, 04:56 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,269
Thanks: 173
Thanked 5,118 Times in 3,719 Posts
Default Re: Portland police to halt, purge all gang designations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
So you really don't have a problem with the police looking at a kid, labeling him a gangster, and ruining his life with no proof of wrongdoing?
Ding ding ding ding ding! I don't have a problem with police labeling anybody a gangster, or even ugly. Even a mediocre court-appointed attorney with his head up his ass, as usual, can point out the stupidity of the police using labels instead of evidence to convict somebody.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
all, designations, gang, halt, police, portland, purge

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0