Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Law & Order
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Law & Order Discuss White Man Shoots And Kills Black Student In Florida After Argument Over Loud Music at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by saltwn because he is the guys attorney not police or witnesses, in other words by telling what ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 11-28-2012, 02:20 PM
faithful_servant's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Beautiful conservative Central Oregon
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,290
Thanks: 6,030
Thanked 8,067 Times in 5,535 Posts
Default Re: White Man Shoots And Kills Black Student In Florida After Argument Over Loud Musi

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
because he is the guys attorney not police or witnesses, in other words by telling what his client claims he (or she) is giving it his own spin.
Now apply a little common sense and think through what happened and what 99.99999% of humanity would do in that situation. The chances of this just being a guy who was mad and shot an unarmed kid with no provocation is vanishingly small. The odds that this was guy who confronted a kid about his music and when the kid pointed a gun at him, he shot in self-defence and then the kids in the car ditched the gun they had is VASTLY higher.
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 11-28-2012, 02:22 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,289
Thanks: 2,341
Thanked 37,373 Times in 21,112 Posts
Default Re: White Man Shoots And Kills Black Student In Florida After Argument Over Loud Musi

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
You neglect to mention I posted two more sources, one the Orlando newspaper. And the stories there were from several aspects. The police, the friends of the teen and the lawyer for the adult guy.
But you did so AFTER I put up the stink on ThinkProgress...You had NO ISSUE with any "bias" until I introduced it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
So so far we don't know that another gun was involved. Could have been maybe they threw it out the window. Bu that is just speculation at this point.
But it's STILL part of the story...a part that ThinkProgress NEGLECTED to report on...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 11-28-2012, 02:29 PM
saltwn's Avatar
1966 Atlantic hurricane
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 85,045
Thanks: 56,378
Thanked 26,595 Times in 19,073 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: White Man Shoots And Kills Black Student In Florida After Argument Over Loud Musi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
But you did so AFTER I put up the stink on ThinkProgress...You had NO ISSUE with any "bias" until I introduced it...
I read several stories from that link, started on google news. I tried to accommodate you, but honestly I had to look hard to find one source that didnt mention black/white including CBS.
But it's STILL part of the story...a part that ThinkProgress NEGLECTED to report on...
I dont give a fl=uck about thinkprogress. Comment on the story as is. You are fan dancing around the point you and I disagree upon. Whether the matter is settled as self defense. I say not because at this point all we have are opinions from several sources. We have reports supposedly told by police, we have the white guy's lawyer and we have the teenager's friends.
I suspect this will be settled by assessing which of those if any are facts.
__________________
my pilau pot and ground dat'l peppers are being shipped. Life is good.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 11-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Oftencold's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,936
Thanks: 11,660
Thanked 9,718 Times in 6,203 Posts
Default Re: White Man Shoots And Kills Black Student In Florida After Argument Over Loud Musi

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
I found this quite disturbing in the comments section:
...folks, take a long hard look at Mr. Michael David Dunn, note the physical characteristics: over 40, caucasian, angry looking. There are thousands if not millions of these guys, all over America and they are known to be heavily armed and accustomed to deference in police matters. They feel entitled, resentful of losing an election, and are certain that even without weapon or provocation, an Obama voter is a threat to them. They are bigots. They are losers. They are the worst kind of cowards and they shoot to kill.
You know, I remember a few years ago when a black carjacker shot to death three white teenagers in Florida, execution style.

Of course they were just white kids, so there was no "lesson" to be learned in that case.
__________________
“Quod scripsi, scripsi"

╠═════════════════════════════════════╣

“Serpent's breath, charm of death and life, thy omen of making!”
Or if you're a traditionalist,
“Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha!”
And children, say it like you mean it!

╠═════════════════════════════════════╣

Last edited by Oftencold; 11-28-2012 at 03:51 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,655
Thanks: 1,084
Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,114 Posts
Default Re: White Man Shoots And Kills Black Student In Florida After Argument Over Loud Musi

Doesn't it suck that some 17 year old teenager was shot to death for playing his music too loud? It seems like some people want to give the murderer a pass.
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:36 PM
saltwn's Avatar
1966 Atlantic hurricane
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 85,045
Thanks: 56,378
Thanked 26,595 Times in 19,073 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: White Man Shoots And Kills Black Student In Florida After Argument Over Loud Musi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
You know, I remember a few years ago when a black carjacker shot to death three white teenagers in Florida, execution style.

Of course they were just white kids, so there was no "lesson" to be learned in that case.
the point in posting the comment is things are so polarized. on every side politics is interjected sooner or later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky dancer View Post
Doesn't it suck that some 17 year old teenager was shot to death for playing his music too loud? It seems like some people want to give the murderer a pass.
if that proves to be the case yes it does suck.
__________________
my pilau pot and ground dat'l peppers are being shipped. Life is good.
Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,655
Thanks: 1,084
Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,114 Posts
Default Re: White Man Shoots And Kills Black Student In Florida After Argument Over Loud Musi

A 17 year old unarmed teen was shot to death for playing his music too loud. The perpetrator fled the scene and did not contact law enforcement. Now he claims self-defense. How can that be the case since the slain teen was in the back seat of the car unarmed?

I'm not the biggest fan of BOOMING bass but this perpetrator is misusing the stand your ground law.
Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,334
Thanks: 728
Thanked 7,100 Times in 5,077 Posts
Default Re: White Man Shoots And Kills Black Student In Florida After Argument Over Loud Musi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky dancer View Post
Oh, in that case, let's just do away with all laws.
Some people simply do not belong anywhere near the teaching field. Is it too much to have one law against cold-blooded misuse of a weapon, any weapon, and one consequence or penalty for wanton disregard of life? There are thousands of gun laws alone in our books and not a single one has deterred psychos from their errands. But one bullet through their skulls will guarantee they will obey the law the next time, in Hell.

The above is not meant to judge and sentence the shooter, by the way. I am merely directing this at someone who claims to be a teacher's aide.
Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:42 PM
saltwn's Avatar
1966 Atlantic hurricane
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 85,045
Thanks: 56,378
Thanked 26,595 Times in 19,073 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: White Man Shoots And Kills Black Student In Florida After Argument Over Loud Musi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky dancer View Post
A 17 year old unarmed teen was shot to death for playing his music too loud. The perpetrator fled the scene and did not contact law enforcement. Now he claims self-defense. How can that be the case since the slain teen was in the back seat of the car unarmed?

I'm not the biggest fan of BOOMING bass but this was a severe over reaction.
Yes I was thinking too if he had been accosted he would have filed a police report. but we'll have to see what comes out in the wash. very volatile. and I suspect these recent events as well as the Martin case will just spark more unrest and ill will.
__________________
my pilau pot and ground dat'l peppers are being shipped. Life is good.
Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:45 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,655
Thanks: 1,084
Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,114 Posts
Default Re: White Man Shoots And Kills Black Student In Florida After Argument Over Loud Musi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Some people simply do not belong anywhere near the teaching field. Is it too much to have one law against cold-blooded misuse of a weapon, any weapon, and one consequence or penalty for wanton disregard of life? There are thousands of gun laws alone in our books and not a single one has deterred psychos from their errands. But one bullet through their skulls will guarantee they will obey the law the next time, in Hell.

The above is not meant to judge and sentence the shooter, by the way. I am merely directing this at someone who claims to be a teacher's aide.
How about addressing the content of the discussion instead of me personally?

Your post is flamebait.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
after, and, argument, black, florida, kills, loud, man, music, over, shoots, student, white

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0