Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Law & Order
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Law & Order Discuss California man behind anti-Muslim film arrested on probation violation at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by rivrrat He wasn't arrested for using the internet. He was arrested for using an alias when he ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2012, 09:20 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 18,304
Thanks: 11,683
Thanked 12,519 Times in 7,361 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: California man behind anti-Muslim film arrested on probation violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
He wasn't arrested for using the internet. He was arrested for using an alias when he made the video.
He wasn't just summoned to meet with his PO for a minor probation. The arrest was high political drama, a perp walk before the press surrounded by 4 deputies. A show of how seriously we treat this "dangerous" criminal for daring to insult Islam. Surely that will mollify the violet radicals to the point they love the slayer of Osama?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Coyote's Avatar
Vole deMorte (the snack)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 14,492
Thanks: 11,549
Thanked 8,279 Times in 5,306 Posts
Default Re: California man behind anti-Muslim film arrested on probation violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
But the fact that the video was NOT the reason for the attacks was also made before the attacks even happened...

But Obama still clung on to the lie until the facts got in the way too much...
You know...I get sick and tired of the constant accusation of lies.

When the incident happened very little was "known" and teams had to be dispached to investigate. When facts were uncovered and pinned down - then statements changed and that really is the way it should be done.
__________________

DISCLAIMER: Extreme amounts of sarcasm can possibly result in inflammatory situations. Not responsible for keyboard violence, spittle on the monitor, irrational responses mistaken for momentary brilliance, one-sided rages against hypocrisy or individual members or unintended consequences such as poor personal hygiene and bad spelling. Please fasten your seatbelts and put your trays in an upright position.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Coyote's Avatar
Vole deMorte (the snack)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 14,492
Thanks: 11,549
Thanked 8,279 Times in 5,306 Posts
Default Re: California man behind anti-Muslim film arrested on probation violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
Usually I don't go in for this sort of thinking, but I find myself wondering if this guy had a record and prohibition against using the Internet before this episode, or if his past has been "altered."

That said, no matter how poor the quality of the video, I really don't think anyone should be called ignorant for publishing that a murdering pedophile was a murdering pedophile.
It amazes me that anyone can find it in himself to support this guy beyond his technical rights and it's a sad commentary on how some are so willing to embrace his hate-filled outlook.
__________________

DISCLAIMER: Extreme amounts of sarcasm can possibly result in inflammatory situations. Not responsible for keyboard violence, spittle on the monitor, irrational responses mistaken for momentary brilliance, one-sided rages against hypocrisy or individual members or unintended consequences such as poor personal hygiene and bad spelling. Please fasten your seatbelts and put your trays in an upright position.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2012, 09:30 AM
rivrrat's Avatar
Queen of Awesomeness
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,833
Thanks: 3,272
Thanked 10,473 Times in 6,022 Posts
Default Re: California man behind anti-Muslim film arrested on probation violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
It amazes me that anyone can find it in himself to support this guy beyond his technical rights and it's a sad commentary on how some are so willing to embrace his hate-filled outlook.
I don't embrace his hate filled outlook. I embrace his right to have it and not be harassed by the government because of it. Same as I do for Westboro Baptist.

However, Westboro Baptist spreads hate and lies. This guy, from what I can see, merely spoke the truth. But, I didn't watch the video, only heard about it from those who did.
__________________


Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.

Gypsy Soul Memories
Scuba Diver Life
My YouTube Channel
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2012, 09:47 AM
Coyote's Avatar
Vole deMorte (the snack)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 14,492
Thanks: 11,549
Thanked 8,279 Times in 5,306 Posts
Default Re: California man behind anti-Muslim film arrested on probation violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
I don't embrace his hate filled outlook. I embrace his right to have it and not be harassed by the government because of it. Same as I do for Westboro Baptist.
I agree, I respect your opinion in that you are consistent in that.


Quote:
However, Westboro Baptist spreads hate and lies. This guy, from what I can see, merely spoke the truth. But, I didn't watch the video, only heard about it from those who did.
I disagree. From what I heard about the film, there was very little truth (for example, there is no real evidence that Mohammed was a pedophile and the film was about as accurate as Life of Brian without the humorous intent).
__________________

DISCLAIMER: Extreme amounts of sarcasm can possibly result in inflammatory situations. Not responsible for keyboard violence, spittle on the monitor, irrational responses mistaken for momentary brilliance, one-sided rages against hypocrisy or individual members or unintended consequences such as poor personal hygiene and bad spelling. Please fasten your seatbelts and put your trays in an upright position.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2012, 12:54 PM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 37,487
Thanks: 19,199
Thanked 10,922 Times in 8,518 Posts
Default Re: California man behind anti-Muslim film arrested on probation violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
The video had been out since July, it made no headlines until obama used it as an excuse to cover his failure in Libya and Egypt. Had obama not accused a video no one saw to cover his ass the man would not have been arrested. And, it is also funny, (suspicious) that the police were at his door within hours of obama accusing him and his video for causing the problems.

Something stinks here and it ain't the video.
MrL you do have a point, I am not sure of the time frame as I missed it. But now even some Dem's are asking why and what the WH knew about the assult and killings in Lybia.

Which I just heard on the news.
__________________


Improvise - Adapt - Over Come...
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2012, 12:57 PM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 37,487
Thanks: 19,199
Thanked 10,922 Times in 8,518 Posts
Default Re: California man behind anti-Muslim film arrested on probation violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
You know...I get sick and tired of the constant accusation of lies.

When the incident happened very little was "known" and teams had to be dispached to investigate. When facts were uncovered and pinned down - then statements changed and that really is the way it should be done.
Then stay updated so your informed like others asking questions in the Dem party from the WH, about what they knew.
__________________


Improvise - Adapt - Over Come...
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2012, 01:06 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 55,515
Thanks: 2,275
Thanked 36,015 Times in 20,565 Posts
Default Re: California man behind anti-Muslim film arrested on probation violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
You know...I get sick and tired of the constant accusation of lies.

When the incident happened very little was "known" and teams had to be dispached to investigate. When facts were uncovered and pinned down - then statements changed and that really is the way it should be done.
The problem with your contention is that the second part did NOT happen...

This administration did NOT say "very little was "known"...

They came out and said "We know the answer! We know the answer!" from the very beginning...

It wasn't until the public started finding out the "answer" they "knew" was bullsh*t that they went to your "very little was "known" routine...


And by the way...Your comment about "teams had to be dispached to investigate"?....

This is from TODAY...


FBI agents staying away from Benghazi for now


Quote:
For security reasons, FBI agents are staying away from the Libyan city where a U.S. ambassador and three other Americans were killed, two law enforcement officials said Friday.

The officials say the bureau is not going to put agents in harm's way and that the city of Benghazi must be made secure before the FBI sends investigators there.
It's been OVER two weeks and they can't even secure the location of the attacks, let alone investigate the scene, so the "teams had to be dispached to investigate" is also wrong...

Just a reminder...CNN was able to scavenge the attack scene and retrieve Ambassador Stevens' diary, but the FBI can't get there yet...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2012, 01:07 PM
dabateman's Avatar
Buckle-up Buttercup
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16,121
Thanks: 2,113
Thanked 8,454 Times in 4,955 Posts
Default Re: California man behind anti-Muslim film arrested on probation violation

The guy put himself out there in the spotlight, violated his parole, and what the hell did you think was gonna happen?
__________________
Continue that line of reasoning, Muffin... I'm judging you. Harshly.



You get the respect you give. And if you're a Republican, you b*tch about paybacks being a b*tch. So sorry you're mad your guy is getting the respect you gave ours, Snowflakes.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dabateman For This Useful Post:
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Comet's Avatar
My God it's full of stars
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,670
Thanks: 3,370
Thanked 5,313 Times in 3,416 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Comet
Default Re: California man behind anti-Muslim film arrested on probation violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabateman View Post
The guy put himself out there in the spotlight, violated his parole, and what the hell did you think was gonna happen?
And that argument trumps all others.

One can attempt to blame everything and everyone else in the world, but in the end this man was not allowed to use the internet and did so anyway, thus violating his probation.

The man violated his probation and was arrested.

End of story.
__________________

"The oldest picture book in our possession is the midnight sky" - E. W. Maunder
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
antimuslim, arrested, behind, california, film, man, probation, violation

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0