Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > History, Geography, & Military
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

History, Geography, & Military Discuss Trump passes blame for Yemen raid to his generals: ‘They lost Ryan’ at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by AZRWinger Kindly point us to a quote where Trump refused to take responsibility for the decision to ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2017, 10:54 AM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,521
Thanks: 10,080
Thanked 15,233 Times in 9,233 Posts
Post Re: Trump passes blame for Yemen raid to his generals: ‘They lost Ryan’

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Kindly point us to a quote where Trump refused to take responsibility for the decision to launch the raid.
Already been done.
Nobody has time for your menial, insufficient denial.


Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66
With too many of these threads, I think some responses boil down to a menial, half-assed lie that is only meant to give cover to people who don't want to know the facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp
As your doing right now.
Kindly quote what my "half-assed lie" supposedly is.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp
This raid was thought up during Obama's last days in the W.H. from all the news I have heard.
Yet Trump did approve the raid to go operational. And sadly he wishes to pass the blame on to others.
To bad someone never nail the "The Buck Stops Here" sign to the presidents desk.
Now this was the last thing I had heard relating to this raid and I say this because so much media attention has been applied to this bite of news.
I agree with this assessment.
Perhaps that's my half-assed lie.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2017, 11:33 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 16,517
Thanks: 9,544
Thanked 10,095 Times in 6,152 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Trump passes blame for Yemen raid to his generals: ‘They lost Ryan’

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Already been done.
Nobody has time for your menial, insufficient denial.




Kindly quote what my "half-assed lie" supposedly is.



I agree with this assessment.
Perhaps that's my half-assed lie.
As usual you accuse me of denial while you practice it as a diversion.

In testimony before the House select committee Hillary Clinton explicitly denied her responsibility for diplomatic facility security. There is nothing remotely equivalent to that denial in Trump's remarks. Of course that doesn't stop the indictment based on the opinion that somehow Trump failed to take responsibility.

Special operations personnel take on high risk missions. You do recall when more than 30 were killed and a helicopter destroyed in Afghanistan don't you? There were no sweeping condemnations of the President for failing to "accept responsibility." Oh wait, that was in 2011 different President.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2017, 01:00 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,673
Thanks: 7,769
Thanked 10,719 Times in 6,052 Posts
Default Re: Trump passes blame for Yemen raid to his generals: ‘They lost Ryan’

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
As usual you accuse me of denial while you practice it as a diversion.

In testimony before the House select committee Hillary Clinton explicitly denied her responsibility for diplomatic facility security. There is nothing remotely equivalent to that denial in Trump's remarks. Of course that doesn't stop the indictment based on the opinion that somehow Trump failed to take responsibility.

Special operations personnel take on high risk missions. You do recall when more than 30 were killed and a helicopter destroyed in Afghanistan don't you? There were no sweeping condemnations of the President for failing to "accept responsibility." Oh wait, that was in 2011 different President.
In truth, President Trump never "denied" responsibility. Nor did he take all the credit for an aggressive military action that was successful in it mission goals.

The mission was planned under the Obama Presidency. Trump's acknowledgement of the smooth transition of power (which at the time he believed) was proper and professional. The office of the President was occupied by two men yes, but it was the Office that managed the mission.

That is how our government works. But the anti Trump forces played on the ignorance and pettiness of the people who would happily believe maliciousness by our President.

An the ignorance of elites who would arrogantly post such disrespect with such mendacity
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2017, 04:45 PM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 37,463
Thanks: 19,137
Thanked 10,910 Times in 8,511 Posts
Default Re: Trump passes blame for Yemen raid to his generals: ‘They lost Ryan’

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Already been done.
Nobody has time for your menial, insufficient denial.




Kindly quote what my "half-assed lie" supposedly is.



I agree with this assessment.
Perhaps that's my half-assed lie.
Hey foundit66 show me where I called you a lair please. And when I am quoted please use the entire remark to avoid crap like this. Big waste of time,
IMHO.
As all I said was what I had heard. (meaning from the news reports at that time)
__________________


Improvise - Adapt - Over Come...
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2017, 04:51 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 78,245
Thanks: 54,594
Thanked 25,889 Times in 18,456 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Trump passes blame for Yemen raid to his generals: ‘They lost Ryan’

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp View Post
Hey foundit66 show me where I called you a lair please. And when I am quoted please use the entire remark to avoid crap like this. Big waste of time,
IMHO.
As all I said was what I had heard. (meaning from the news reports at that time)
he was quoting someone else also
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2017, 04:55 PM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 37,463
Thanks: 19,137
Thanked 10,910 Times in 8,511 Posts
Default Re: Trump passes blame for Yemen raid to his generals: ‘They lost Ryan’

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
he was quoting someone else also
Humm I see.. yet I see post number 11 where near the end (you can go to post 11 and check it yourself)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp
As your doing right now.
Kindly quote what my "half-assed lie" supposedly is



Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp
This raid was thought up during Obama's last days in the W.H. from all the news I have heard.
Yet Trump did approve the raid to go operational. And sadly he wishes to pass the blame on to others.
To bad someone never nail the "The Buck Stops Here" sign to the presidents desk.
Now this was the last thing I had heard relating to this raid and I say this because so much media attention has been applied to this bite of news.
I agree with this assessment.
Perhaps that's my half-assed lie.
__________________


Improvise - Adapt - Over Come...
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2017, 09:32 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,919 Times in 13,934 Posts
Default Re: Trump passes blame for Yemen raid to his generals: ‘They lost Ryan’

Quote:
Originally Posted by [QUOTE
FrancSevin;877835]In truth, President Trump never "denied" responsibility.
Yes he did. Do you understand English??
Quote:
Nor did he take all the credit for an aggressive military action that was successful in it mission goals.
It did not meet it's goals. They didn't get who they planned to get, innocebts were killed as was one of our own. Three other SEALS were wounded. We lost aircraft. The info they recovered as an excuse turns out to be dated and useless. Geez WTF are you talking about?

Quote:
The mission was planned under the Obama Presidency.
Wrong again. It was considered but not planned. Also Obama didn't approve it. Smart guy.
Quote:
Trump's acknowledgement of the smooth transition of power (which at the time he believed) was proper and professional.
Who gives shlt what he thinks? Obama has always been a classy guy.
Quote:
The office of the President was occupied by two men yes, but it was the Office that managed the mission.
Offices don't manage things. People do.
Quote:
That is how our government works.
Badly...
Quote:
But the anti Trump forces played on the ignorance and pettiness of the people who would happily believe maliciousness by our President.
He has it coming.

Quote:
An the ignorance of elites who would arrogantly post such disrespect with such mendacity
[/QUOTE]What is an elite? Someone smarter than your president?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blame, for, generals, his, lost, passes, raid, ryan’, trump, yemen, ‘they

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0