Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > History, Geography, & Military
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

History, Geography, & Military Discuss Army shrinks to smallest level since before World War II at the Political Forums; Army shrinks to smallest level since before World War II In March, the Army's end strength dropped to a low ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2016, 09:47 AM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,506
Thanks: 21,953
Thanked 18,612 Times in 11,938 Posts
Default Army shrinks to smallest level since before World War II

Army shrinks to smallest level since before World War II

Quote:
In March, the Army's end strength dropped to a low not seen since before WWII.(Photo: Army)

The Army’s latest headcount shows that nearly 2,600 soldiers departed active service in March without being replaced, an action that plunges manning to its lowest level since before World War II.

During the past year the size of the active force has been reduced by 16,548 soldiers, the rough equivalent of three brigades.

Endstrength for March was 479,172 soldiers, which is 154 fewer troopers than were on active duty when the Army halted the post-Cold War drawdown in 1999 with 479,424 soldiers, the smallest force since 1940, when the active component numbered 269,023 soldiers.
Gee, and some poster keeps denying the fact that our military is shrinking to pre WWII levels, imagine that. I guess he just drinks that obama kool aid.
__________________
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2016, 10:21 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Re: Army shrinks to smallest level since before World War II

Instead of reading this BS why don't you look at the numbers. Look at the extra tanks we build to park them in the desert to rust. Why don't you look at the dollars we are spending. The Army Times are about their own business which requires spending more money for their interests. Funny how the right complains about the debt but they don't want to cut anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
Army shrinks to smallest level since before World War II



Gee, and some poster keeps denying the fact that our military is shrinking to pre WWII levels, imagine that. I guess he just drinks that obama kool aid.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikeyy For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2016, 10:23 AM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,506
Thanks: 21,953
Thanked 18,612 Times in 11,938 Posts
Default Re: Army shrinks to smallest level since before World War II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Instead of reading this BS why don't you look at the numbers. Look at the extra tanks we build to park them in the desert to rust. Why don't you look at the dollars we are spending. The Army Times are about their own business which requires spending more money for their interests. Funny how the right complains about the debt but they don't want to cut anything.
I rest my case....
__________________
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2016, 10:26 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Re: Army shrinks to smallest level since before World War II

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
I rest my case....
You have no case. I asked you if you have looked at the actual budget.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2016, 10:28 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,638
Thanks: 10,388
Thanked 8,503 Times in 5,044 Posts
Default Re: Army shrinks to smallest level since before World War II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Instead of reading this BS why don't you look at the numbers. Look at the extra tanks we build to park them in the desert to rust. Why don't you look at the dollars we are spending. The Army Times are about their own business which requires spending more money for their interests. Funny how the right complains about the debt but they don't want to cut anything.
Rhetoric without backup.

Why don't you point us in the appropriate direction?

Those tanks and other equipment being built are being built over the objections of the military and funded by Congress to provide make work jobs and boost employment numbers.

As as economic very far rightest, I complain about wasteful spending. In the military as well as elsewhere.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbo For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2016, 10:30 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Re: Army shrinks to smallest level since before World War II

So it's not about the dollars being spent it's about you wanting to control where it is spent. Because the military budget is huge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
Rhetoric without backup.

Why don't you point us in the appropriate direction?

Those tanks and other equipment being built are being built over the objections of the military and funded by Congress to provide make work jobs and boost employment numbers.

As as economic very far rightest, I complain about wasteful spending. In the military as well as elsewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2016, 10:31 AM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,506
Thanks: 21,953
Thanked 18,612 Times in 11,938 Posts
Default Re: Army shrinks to smallest level since before World War II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
You have no case. I asked you if you have looked at the actual budget.
Mikeyy, if you weren't so narrow minded you would realize it has nothing to do with the budget, it has to do with the size of our military. They will not be able to maintain at least one war let alone two. obama has put this country in jeopardy, and the left is to stupid to understand it.
__________________
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2016, 10:32 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Re: Army shrinks to smallest level since before World War II

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
Mikeyy, if you weren't so narrow minded you would realize it has nothing to do with the budget, it has to do with the size of our military. They will not be able to maintain at least one war let alone two. obama has put this country in jeopardy, and the left is to stupid to understand it.
You don't make sense. Look at the budget and what we pay for. Don't look at some silly BS.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2016, 10:35 AM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,506
Thanks: 21,953
Thanked 18,612 Times in 11,938 Posts
Default Re: Army shrinks to smallest level since before World War II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
You don't make sense. Look at the budget and what we pay for. Don't look at some silly BS.
I give up......
__________________
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2016, 10:42 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Re: Army shrinks to smallest level since before World War II

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
I give up......
This need to make Obama to blame for everything the right imagines gets silly. I asked you to look at the actual numbers and you just won't do it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
army, before, level, shrinks, since, smallest, war, world

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0