Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > History, Geography, & Military
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

History, Geography, & Military Discuss Smithsonian Museum Wants Trayvon Martin Hoodie at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by saltwn Smithsonian Museum Wants Trayvon Martin Hoodie Yes I never thought of it, but it certainly is ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2013, 07:38 AM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,506
Thanks: 21,953
Thanked 18,613 Times in 11,939 Posts
Default Re: Smithsonian Museum Wants Trayvon Martin Hoodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Smithsonian Museum Wants Trayvon Martin Hoodie



Yes I never thought of it, but it certainly is an historic symbol. This director is on the ball!
Yes salty, you got that right, he's on something.
__________________
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrLiberty For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2013, 03:29 PM
faithful_servant's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Beautiful conservative Central Oregon
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,290
Thanks: 6,030
Thanked 8,068 Times in 5,535 Posts
Default Re: Smithsonian Museum Wants Trayvon Martin Hoodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
People at the time probably would have thought the same thing about Rosa Park's bus seat.
People with brains that actually function rather than just prop up the person's hair understand that this was a thug who attacked someone looking out for his neighbors and paid the price for it. If they want to put this in the Smithsonian, it should be in a display about what makes a good neighbor.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to faithful_servant For This Useful Post:
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2013, 04:26 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 88,589
Thanks: 57,236
Thanked 26,915 Times in 19,357 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Smithsonian Museum Wants Trayvon Martin Hoodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
People with brains that actually function rather than just prop up the person's hair understand that this was a thug who attacked someone looking out for his neighbors and paid the price for it. If they want to put this in the Smithsonian, it should be in a display about what makes a good neighbor.
How can you claim a dead man was a thug when you did not witness anything and are not privy to any information the general public or the police don't already have. The fact you assume Trayvon Martin was a thug speaks volumes about your ability to jump to the conclusion you seek.
Face reality for once. You have no idea what exactly happened or how except that George followed this teenager thinking he was "up to no good." Those are the facts. Is Zim guilty of murder? Evidently not by the jury's decision there was reasonable doubt. But that does not mean he didn't commit murder just that there was not evidence to back up his self defense one way or the other.
The Smithsonian display of the hoodie is about those kinds of assumptions you yourself have displayed.
__________________
During Trump's tenure, the US economy contracted 3.5% - the fastest rate since 1946. GDP growth was the worst since the Great Depression.
link

link
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,861
Thanks: 993
Thanked 7,921 Times in 5,676 Posts
Default Re: Smithsonian Museum Wants Trayvon Martin Hoodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
How can you claim a dead man was a thug when you did not witness anything and are not privy to any information the general public or the police don't already have.
So? How many people did not witness any black on black killings the past week, to make any type of assumption? People really need to stop sucking up to the race baiters, like I said.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2013, 05:55 PM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,506
Thanks: 21,953
Thanked 18,613 Times in 11,939 Posts
Default Re: Smithsonian Museum Wants Trayvon Martin Hoodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
How can you claim a dead man was a thug when you did not witness anything and are not privy to any information the general public or the police don't already have. The fact you assume Trayvon Martin was a thug speaks volumes about your ability to jump to the conclusion you seek.
Face reality for once. You have no idea what exactly happened or how except that George followed this teenager thinking he was "up to no good." Those are the facts. Is Zim guilty of murder? Evidently not by the jury's decision there was reasonable doubt. But that does not mean he didn't commit murder just that there was not evidence to back up his self defense one way or the other.
The Smithsonian display of the hoodie is about those kinds of assumptions you yourself have displayed.
You just bitched about someone making an assumption and then you jump to the assumption of what the hoodie is going to represent.

And, your assume that this kid was not going to do something. You have no idea whether he was going to break into a house or not.
__________________
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2013, 02:07 AM
Oftencold's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,936
Thanks: 11,660
Thanked 9,718 Times in 6,203 Posts
Default Re: Smithsonian Museum Wants Trayvon Martin Hoodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
How can you claim a dead man was a thug . . ..
  1. He obviously wished to thought of as a thug as we see from his Facebook postings
  2. He attacked a man in the dark while suspended from school after being found in possession of jewelry stolen from a home near his school during a break-in robbery.

Thus, he was a thug.
__________________
“Quod scripsi, scripsi"

╠═════════════════════════════════════╣

“Serpent's breath, charm of death and life, thy omen of making!”
Or if you're a traditionalist,
“Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha!”
And children, say it like you mean it!

╠═════════════════════════════════════╣
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2013, 03:28 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 88,589
Thanks: 57,236
Thanked 26,915 Times in 19,357 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Smithsonian Museum Wants Trayvon Martin Hoodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
  1. He obviously wished to thought of as a thug as we see from his Facebook postings
  2. He attacked a man in the dark while suspended from school after being found in possession of jewelry stolen from a home near his school during a break-in robbery.

Thus, he was a thug.
Are you one of those Saltines Rangle was talking about?
__________________
During Trump's tenure, the US economy contracted 3.5% - the fastest rate since 1946. GDP growth was the worst since the Great Depression.
link

link
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2013, 03:32 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 88,589
Thanks: 57,236
Thanked 26,915 Times in 19,357 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Smithsonian Museum Wants Trayvon Martin Hoodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
You just bitched about someone making an assumption and then you jump to the assumption of what the hoodie is going to represent.

And, your assume that this kid was not going to do something. You have no idea whether he was going to break into a house or not.
Why assume a kid is going to do something? And if you think he is acting suspiciously why not identify yourself? Better yet why not stay in your car and let the police do their job?

The reason I assume this hoodie will be of historic value is the rhetoric today is just as it was when MLK was preaching on TV. They called him a rabble-rouser and worse. I imagine the same excuses were given to make Ms. Rosa seem like a worthless whore for not giving up her seat after a long work day too.
__________________
During Trump's tenure, the US economy contracted 3.5% - the fastest rate since 1946. GDP growth was the worst since the Great Depression.
link

link
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2013, 04:55 AM
Oftencold's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,936
Thanks: 11,660
Thanked 9,718 Times in 6,203 Posts
Default Re: Smithsonian Museum Wants Trayvon Martin Hoodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Are you one of those Saltines Rangle was talking about?
I may be, that is if I allow someone like him to define me. I think that I shall decline to do so.
__________________
“Quod scripsi, scripsi"

╠═════════════════════════════════════╣

“Serpent's breath, charm of death and life, thy omen of making!”
Or if you're a traditionalist,
“Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha!”
And children, say it like you mean it!

╠═════════════════════════════════════╣
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oftencold For This Useful Post:
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,861
Thanks: 993
Thanked 7,921 Times in 5,676 Posts
Default Re: Smithsonian Museum Wants Trayvon Martin Hoodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Are you one of those Saltines Rangle was talking about?
WOHHH HA-HA-HA-HA! And if one were to rebut with "Nigga" instead of Saltine, the race baiters would throw a shlt fit, eh? I mean, even after Mizzzz Jeantel already okayed that word to describe any male of any race.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hoodie, martin, museum, smithsonian, trayvon, wants

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0