Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Discussion > Health, Wellness, Sex and Body
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health, Wellness, Sex and Body Discuss "Social distancing" and face masks at the General Discussion; Originally Posted by saltwn Trump got the best care known to man including a not yet released drug. If you ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2020, 04:21 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,715
Thanks: 13,490
Thanked 4,844 Times in 3,101 Posts
Default Re: "Social distancing" and face masks

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Trump got the best care known to man including a not yet released drug.
If you are referring to Rendesivir, it was approved by the FDA, just today.
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pjohns For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2020, 11:54 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 84,127
Thanks: 56,224
Thanked 26,545 Times in 19,031 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: "Social distancing" and face masks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
If you are referring to Rendesivir, it was approved by the FDA, just today.
Yes the anti bodies; it is now. I do think it would have had further trials if not for Trump pushing it but if it helps that's great. How many people in Fla will get it?
See they don't go to the hospital till they are in crises if they don't have insurance. Alabama, Florida etc did not expand Medicaid through Obama Care even though we are all paying for it, so ...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 10-25-2020, 07:44 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,715
Thanks: 13,490
Thanked 4,844 Times in 3,101 Posts
Default Re: "Social distancing" and face masks

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
See they don't go to the hospital till they are in crises if they don't have insurance. Alabama, Florida etc did not expand Medicaid through Obama Care even though we are all paying for it, so ...
Even if one is impoverished--and I do mean that, in the fullest sense of the word (and not merely if one is temporarily broke)--one is foolish to eschew healthcare insurance (and good healthcare insurance, at that; it is not all created equal).

As the old saying goes: An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Those who rely upon the ER (with no regular visits to a PCP) are simply flouting this standard.
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pjohns For This Useful Post:
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 10-26-2020, 09:56 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 84,127
Thanks: 56,224
Thanked 26,545 Times in 19,031 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: "Social distancing" and face masks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
Even if one is impoverished--and I do mean that, in the fullest sense of the word (and not merely if one is temporarily broke)--one is foolish to eschew healthcare insurance (and good healthcare insurance, at that; it is not all created equal).

As the old saying goes: An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Those who rely upon the ER (with no regular visits to a PCP) are simply flouting this standard.
you ignore the realities of being poor. they want insurance as much as anyone else. it is a simple choice between rent and sustenance and buying insurance.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2020, 07:31 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,705
Thanks: 9,572
Thanked 6,895 Times in 3,943 Posts
Default Re: "Social distancing" and face masks

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
you ignore the realities of being poor. they want insurance as much as anyone else. it is a simple choice between rent and sustenance and buying insurance.
No, they want healthcare. Nobody WANTS insurance . . . until they need it. And in this country, the hospitals deny nobody that arrives at the ER. As for non emergency procedures, county health departments help to offset some of the need along with government run Medicaid.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2020, 01:57 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 84,127
Thanks: 56,224
Thanked 26,545 Times in 19,031 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: "Social distancing" and face masks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
No, they want healthcare. Nobody WANTS insurance . . . until they need it. And in this country, the hospitals deny nobody that arrives at the ER. As for non emergency procedures, county health departments help to offset some of the need along with government run Medicaid.
yes but they won't admit you unless you are critically ill.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2020, 03:57 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,705
Thanks: 9,572
Thanked 6,895 Times in 3,943 Posts
Default Re: "Social distancing" and face masks

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
yes but they won't admit you unless you are critically ill.
I noticed that you completely ignored state/county run health departments and Medicaid.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
and, face, masks, social distancing

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0