Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Discussion > Health, Wellness, Sex and Body
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health, Wellness, Sex and Body Discuss Mask Up and Shut Up at the General Discussion; Originally Posted by saltwn It is you who follow a cult, Lady. just listen to yourself what if you told ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2022, 11:49 AM
Lumara's Avatar
Belly Dance Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Great Smoky Mountains
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,097
Thanks: 4,558
Thanked 3,942 Times in 1,889 Posts
Default Re: Mask Up and Shut Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
It is you who follow a cult, Lady. just listen to yourself
what if you told the police that and decided not to wear a seat belt? what if you visit a third world country and decide not to get vaccinated (besides covid just what you need to fly some places).Guess what? you won't be allowed on the plane. I hate to tell you but there are rules in this world especially where health and safety are concerned. Park in front of a fire hydrant and see what happens.
These are strawman "arguments." They have nothing to do with the fact that masks are porous and do not protect against a virus.
__________________
"Treason doesn't pay well in the end." - Q

"Wokeness gives people a shield to be mean and cruel, armored in false virtue." - Elon Musk
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lumara For This Useful Post:
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2022, 12:00 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,036
Thanks: 12,607
Thanked 9,375 Times in 6,007 Posts
Default Re: Mask Up and Shut Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
yeah "he ruling elite would love for us to mask up and be silenced. That's not going to happen. Yes, there are still a bunch of brainwashed sheeple, mostly on the left for some reason, who will comply with whatever someone in authority tells them to do, but the unnecessary mask mandates and shutdowns have caused many to awaken to the unjust control that the few have over the many. The few have power because of acquiescence, not because they have a legitimate right to rule others. Many are realizing this for the first time, so that is a positive outcome of the unjust mandates and shutdowns".

It is you who follow a cult, Lady. just listen to yourself
what if you told the police that and decided not to wear a seat belt? what if you visit a third world country and decide not to get vaccinated (besides covid just what you need to fly some places).Guess what? you won't be allowed on the plane. I hate to tell you but there are rules in this world especially where health and safety are concerned. Park in front of a fire hydrant and see what happens.


__________________
.
"It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties.
The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents."

..James Madison
.
"Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God."
..1 Peter 2:16
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2022, 12:07 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,906
Thanks: 11,186
Thanked 15,415 Times in 8,296 Posts
Default Re: Mask Up and Shut Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
yeah "he ruling elite would love for us to mask up and be silenced. That's not going to happen. Yes, there are still a bunch of brainwashed sheeple, mostly on the left for some reason, who will comply with whatever someone in authority tells them to do, but the unnecessary mask mandates and shutdowns have caused many to awaken to the unjust control that the few have over the many. The few have power because of acquiescence, not because they have a legitimate right to rule others. Many are realizing this for the first time, so that is a positive outcome of the unjust mandates and shutdowns".

It is you who follow a cult, Lady. just listen to yourself
what if you told the police that and decided not to wear a seat belt? what if you visit a third world country and decide not to get vaccinated (besides covid just what you need to fly some places).Guess what? you won't be allowed on the plane. I hate to tell you but there are rules in this world especially where health and safety are concerned. Park in front of a fire hydrant and see what happens.
Pettifogging doesn't help your arguments, much less your credibility.

Seat belts work. Masks don't. That's a fact.
Parking in front of a Fire hydrant puts people at risk. Going without a mask does not. Fact!
People understand this and obey those rules.

No legislation or convoluted arguments can change the reality of the masking lies. Or change the stupidity of the rules.

So, intelligent people ask why the silly rules.

Nothing in the Biden administration's rules and plans have reduced the infection rate of COVID. Why then should anyone follow those plans and rules without asking ,,,WHY?
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2022, 02:39 PM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,529
Thanks: 12
Thanked 561 Times in 504 Posts
Default Re: Mask Up and Shut Up

Those of you who think that disclaimers on the box regarding the effectiveness of a mask at reducing risk to COVID proves that they don't reduce those risks are clearly not familiar with the American civil court system. These warnings are prophylactic protections against law suits from people who wore one of the their masks and got COVID. It doesn't prove that they do not work.
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2022, 06:47 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,906
Thanks: 11,186
Thanked 15,415 Times in 8,296 Posts
Default Re: Mask Up and Shut Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
Those of you who think that disclaimers on the box regarding the effectiveness of a mask at reducing risk to COVID proves that they don't reduce those risks are clearly not familiar with the American civil court system. These warnings are prophylactic protections against law suits from people who wore one of the their masks and got COVID. It doesn't prove that they do not work.


Easily the most unscientific nonsense you have ever posted. There must be some sort of award for such blatant misinformation. You really should lay off the Kool-Aid

COVID 19 spores are 3 microns. Paper masks filter down to 11, sometimes 7 microns at best. At best they may offer some protection. The disclaimer most certainly does prove they don't work. The disposable paper masks is akin to using a chain link fence to keep out mosquito's.

In addition, there are absolutely no studies that show wearing a mask, particularly a disposable paper mask, has any beneficial effect on the spread of COVID-19.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2022, 07:32 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,036
Thanks: 12,607
Thanked 9,375 Times in 6,007 Posts
Default Re: Mask Up and Shut Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Easily the most unscientific nonsense you have ever posted. There must be some sort of award for such blatant misinformation. You really should lay off the Kool-Aid

COVID 19 spores are 3 microns. Paper masks filter down to 11, sometimes 7 microns at best. At best they may offer some protection. The disclaimer most certainly does prove they don't work. The disposable paper masks is akin to using a chain link fence to keep out mosquito's.

In addition, there are absolutely no studies that show wearing a mask, particularly a disposable paper mask, has any beneficial effect on the spread of COVID-19.
no studies before 2019, (keeping out flu or other viruses)
no good studies after
__________________
.
"It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties.
The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents."

..James Madison
.
"Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God."
..1 Peter 2:16
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #37 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2022, 08:10 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,906
Thanks: 11,186
Thanked 15,415 Times in 8,296 Posts
Default Re: Mask Up and Shut Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
no studies before 2019, (keeping out flu or other viruses)
no good studies after
I know what I know about the paper masks because I package them. Therefore, according to Constant throw-up I could be held liable because we do not extend the disclaimer to the packaged product PER OUR CLIENT.

I have a real lawyer who has assured me we are insulated by customer instructions, and therefore not at risk.

I suspect that because masks and the shot do not actually prevent the transmission of the COVID virus, people who are convinced they are "safe" using them would be less likely to practice social distancing and sanitation efforts which would actually increase their opportunity to be infected. It could explain why, despite the efforts of the current administration to mandate masks and shots, we are still in the grips of the pandemic.

I am a packaging engineer who specializes in flexible membrane packaging materials. Our customer base includes food processors of which 90% are fresh chicken. I understand how certain structures inhibit the transference of microbial agents into food through those structures. The common paper mask is useless.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE

Last edited by FrancSevin; 01-11-2022 at 08:30 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #38 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2022, 10:24 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,450
Thanks: 9,970
Thanked 8,623 Times in 5,702 Posts
Default Re: Mask Up and Shut Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
I know what I know about the paper masks because I package them. Therefore, according to Constant throw-up I could be held liable because we do not extend the disclaimer to the packaged product PER OUR CLIENT.

I have a real lawyer who has assured me we are insulated by customer instructions, and therefore not at risk.

I suspect that because masks and the shot do not actually prevent the transmission of the COVID virus, people who are convinced they are "safe" using them would be less likely to practice social distancing and sanitation efforts which would actually increase their opportunity to be infected. It could explain why, despite the efforts of the current administration to mandate masks and shots, we are still in the grips of the pandemic.

I am a packaging engineer who specializes in flexible membrane packaging materials. Our customer base includes food processors of which 90% are fresh chicken. I understand how certain structures inhibit the transference of microbial agents into food through those structures. The common paper mask is useless.

That seems very likely, but blaming the Un-vaccinated
( Trump supporters) has political benefits for the left.
__________________
Political Correctness, is Fascism masquerading as manners - George Carlin.
Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2022, 10:42 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,036
Thanks: 12,607
Thanked 9,375 Times in 6,007 Posts
Default Re: Mask Up and Shut Up

CDC now admits that Cloth and surgical mask are crap
and back in 2021

Why CDC isn't recommending public wear N95 masks -
Thursday, January 28, 2021-
abc7ny.com



"Dr. Walensky and other professionals fear that the uncomfortable and restrictive nature of N95's will make people not want to wear masks at all.
"They're very hard to breathe in when you wear them properly," Walensky said.
"They're very hard to tolerate when you wear them for long periods of time."
"I have spent a reasonable amount of time in an N95 mask. They're hard to tolerate all day every day,"
Walensky said. "And in fact, when you really think about how well people will wear them, I worry that if,
if we suggest or require that people wear an N95, they won't wear them all the time."

But lets make kids wear them all day in school
for their "safety".
kids don't have to breath do you want them to DIE of covid or kill the teachers!?
__________________
.
"It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties.
The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents."

..James Madison
.
"Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God."
..1 Peter 2:16

Last edited by mr wonder; 01-24-2022 at 10:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #40 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2022, 01:30 AM
RightofCenterLeftofCrazy
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Idaho
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,082
Thanks: 65
Thanked 1,034 Times in 540 Posts
Default Re: Mask Up and Shut Up

What I've seen from our President is you remove the mask if you are talking, or need to cough.

He has done it time and time again, even shaking peoples hands after coughing into his hand.

The only time you keep the mask on really is if you have your mouth shut.

What really bother's me is when COVID first started, we were told repeatedly to wash are hands frequently and pay attention to what we touched and clean surfaces regularly. Now all that is out the window. No one is talking about it anymore even though COVID can survive up to 3 days on indoor surfaces COSTCO and other groceries stores have stopped cleaning their carts or even providing cleaning agents so you can do it yourself in many locations. None of that matters just wear a mask, we'll provide one for you even.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zenock For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
and, mask, shut

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0