Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Discussion > Health, Wellness, Sex and Body
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health, Wellness, Sex and Body Discuss Another study finds no link between autism and measles, mumps and rubella vaccine at the General Discussion; Originally Posted by GottaGo And please advise us how giving a vaccine (like flu) that is ineffective, compounds the issue ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2019, 07:36 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 86,833
Thanks: 56,811
Thanked 26,743 Times in 19,202 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Another study finds no link between autism and measles, mumps and rubella vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
And please advise us how giving a vaccine (like flu) that is ineffective, compounds the issue with a false sense of security, while belittling those who will not or cannot take it?

Vaccine's, as Mr. Wonder pointed out, aren't fool proof, but they sure up the 'I'm protected' factor, while other related nasties make their way around, and the body has no clue how to deal with it.....

I contracted a condition when I was 25, that COULD be considered coincidental, but more likely is based on my prolonged exposure to people who had come to visit, from an epidemic area. That condition has had a life long effect and repercussions on me.

I still believe people have a right to choose what happens to their body. Your attempt at the dismissal of this idea says that you would rather 'shame' people to get your way. I would rather educate, and place the decision in their hands.
I'm not going to get a pneumonia shot to protect others but I don't get out much and have had bad reaction -pneumonia-to that inoculation.
but children are in much closer contact than adults and risk a pandemic if this anti vax catches fire.
just my opinion.
__________________
But because it's possible to get reinfected and COVID-19 can cause severe medical complications, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that people who have already had COVID-19 get a COVID-19 vaccine. In addition, COVID-19 vaccination might offer better protection than getting sick with COVID-19.Nov 5, 2021
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2019, 01:03 AM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,047
Thanks: 1,267
Thanked 1,750 Times in 1,329 Posts
Default Re: Another study finds no link between autism and measles, mumps and rubella vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
Wow, another 'I'm not addressing anything you said' response. Please quote where I said any of the above blather?

I believe in the right of choice, that a person has sovereignty over their body, and the parents and guardians have the same over their minor children.

If in the parents best judgment they do not want their child injected with vaccines, that is their choice. Once that child reaches their majority, they can have all the vaccines they want.

My standings and opinions were formed long ago, before the internet or Russian Trolls were a 'thing', so that's not even a factor.
Good for you, then you are even dumber than I thought.

Vaccines are not a topic for "honest debate". There are people who are pro-vaccines. These people believe in doctors, science & facts. There are people who are anti-vax. These people are liars, propagandists & con artists. "Honest debate" only enables them.

There is literally no way to have an honest debate with you because your objective isn't getting to truth. Your goal is to confuse and sow distrust.

Vaccines should not be regarded as a parental choice, but as a child's right. Education is not a parental choice. A child must be educated. Parents who don't educate a child can be jailed. It should be the same for basic vaccines

Yes I am saying if you do not vaccinate your child, you should face legal repercussions.
__________________
People have said not to just dismiss the right as stupid, as it's polarizing and you won't get through to them that way, etc. But it's hard to imagine that someone with even average intelligence could be so lacking in self-awareness as they are.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2019, 03:29 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 86,833
Thanks: 56,811
Thanked 26,743 Times in 19,202 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Another study finds no link between autism and measles, mumps and rubella vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Good for you, then you are even dumber than I thought.

Vaccines are not a topic for "honest debate". There are people who are pro-vaccines. These people believe in doctors, science & facts. There are people who are anti-vax. These people are liars, propagandists & con artists. "Honest debate" only enables them.

There is literally no way to have an honest debate with you because your objective isn't getting to truth. Your goal is to confuse and sow distrust.

Vaccines should not be regarded as a parental choice, but as a child's right. Education is not a parental choice. A child must be educated. Parents who don't educate a child can be jailed. It should be the same for basic vaccines

Yes I am saying if you do not vaccinate your child, you should face legal repercussions.
while I agree with a lot of what you say, I wish you would use a different tone. I know it's frustrating but the people here are not the enemy-at least not GottaGo
I feel the world turned upside down too, but we must have a forum for our ideas. Some people may be truly worth your vitriol, but GG isn't one f them. Try humor.

OK I know it's like gzzz! but I don't want you to get banned. I like seeing you around here.
__________________
But because it's possible to get reinfected and COVID-19 can cause severe medical complications, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that people who have already had COVID-19 get a COVID-19 vaccine. In addition, COVID-19 vaccination might offer better protection than getting sick with COVID-19.Nov 5, 2021
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2019, 03:49 AM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,047
Thanks: 1,267
Thanked 1,750 Times in 1,329 Posts
Default Re: Another study finds no link between autism and measles, mumps and rubella vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
while I agree with a lot of what you say, I wish you would use a different tone. I know it's frustrating but the people here are not the enemy-at least not GottaGo
I feel the world turned upside down too, but we must have a forum for our ideas. Some people may be truly worth your vitriol, but GG isn't one f them. Try humor.

OK I know it's like gzzz! but I don't want you to get banned. I like seeing you around here.
Sorry, you are right. I'm just tired of all the lies and gas-lighting. And the conservatives that I used to think were decent patriots have all turned into these fascist loving tRUmp cultists. I know GottaGo is a good person deep down, as are probably all the people here on this message board, I just can't reconcile that with the the dishonest and lazy things they say here. And just talking to them normally doesn't work.

So what else are we supposed to do? Because being nice doesn't work.
__________________
People have said not to just dismiss the right as stupid, as it's polarizing and you won't get through to them that way, etc. But it's hard to imagine that someone with even average intelligence could be so lacking in self-awareness as they are.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2019, 03:58 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 86,833
Thanks: 56,811
Thanked 26,743 Times in 19,202 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Another study finds no link between autism and measles, mumps and rubella vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Sorry, you are right. I'm just tired of all the lies and gas-lighting. And the conservatives that I used to think were decent patriots have all turned into these fascist loving tRUmp cultists. I know GottaGo is a good person deep down, as are probably all the people here on this message board, I just can't reconcile that with the the dishonest and lazy things they say here. And just talking to them normally doesn't work.

So what else are we supposed to do? Because being nice doesn't work.
Please stalk some Liberals and bring them on board. I think the balance is out of whack here. Other than that yes I see your dilemma; it is mine.
__________________
But because it's possible to get reinfected and COVID-19 can cause severe medical complications, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that people who have already had COVID-19 get a COVID-19 vaccine. In addition, COVID-19 vaccination might offer better protection than getting sick with COVID-19.Nov 5, 2021
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2019, 08:22 AM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 13,554
Thanks: 12,090
Thanked 10,031 Times in 6,106 Posts
Default Re: Another study finds no link between autism and measles, mumps and rubella vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Good for you, then you are even dumber than I thought.

Vaccines are not a topic for "honest debate". There are people who are pro-vaccines. These people believe in doctors, science & facts. There are people who are anti-vax. These people are liars, propagandists & con artists. "Honest debate" only enables them.

There is literally no way to have an honest debate with you because your objective isn't getting to truth. Your goal is to confuse and sow distrust.

Vaccines should not be regarded as a parental choice, but as a child's right. Education is not a parental choice. A child must be educated. Parents who don't educate a child can be jailed. It should be the same for basic vaccines

Yes I am saying if you do not vaccinate your child, you should face legal repercussions.
Think beyond the talking points you were told to use, and the name calling, which is a rather sad Alinsky affectation.

You have never had an 'honest debate' here, so your statement is moot.

Since you view things as NOT being a parental right, then you must also believe that the State may make choices on behalf of the child... including, but not limited to health choices, psychiatric choices, educational choices, nutritional choices, medicinal choices. So, every child, according to your statement, belongs to the state.

Let me expand that statement: if you believe the above, then you also believe that the government should ensure that every child is provided the same benefits, regardless of the parents ability to provide, that parents have no right to instill their morals and ethics in their children, and that a child's rights supersede those of the parents.

That about covers it, doesn't it?
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GottaGo For This Useful Post:
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2019, 08:26 AM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 13,554
Thanks: 12,090
Thanked 10,031 Times in 6,106 Posts
Default Re: Another study finds no link between autism and measles, mumps and rubella vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Sorry, you are right. I'm just tired of all the lies and gas-lighting. And the conservatives that I used to think were decent patriots have all turned into these fascist loving tRUmp cultists. I know GottaGo is a good person deep down, as are probably all the people here on this message board, I just can't reconcile that with the the dishonest and lazy things they say here. And just talking to them normally doesn't work.

So what else are we supposed to do? Because being nice doesn't work.
I'm not sure if that is a compliment, my game must be slipping.

Let's clarify a couple of things: I understand that you may find it easier to stuff people into boxes and niches so you don't have to take the time to understand someone's position, that is standard behavior. Apparently, because I try and challenge your 'norm', I am the enemy, and the enemy in your perception, is Trump supporters, so off into the box I go.

How sad.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GottaGo For This Useful Post:
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2019, 11:52 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,155
Thanks: 11,860
Thanked 8,745 Times in 4,959 Posts
Default Re: Another study finds no link between autism and measles, mumps and rubella vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
Think beyond the talking points you were told to use, and the name calling, which is a rather sad Alinsky affectation.

You have never had an 'honest debate' here, so your statement is moot.

Since you view things as NOT being a parental right, then you must also believe that the State may make choices on behalf of the child... including, but not limited to health choices, psychiatric choices, educational choices, nutritional choices, medicinal choices. So, every child, according to your statement, belongs to the state.

Let me expand that statement: if you believe the above, then you also believe that the government should ensure that every child is provided the same benefits, regardless of the parents ability to provide, that parents have no right to instill their morals and ethics in their children, and that a child's rights supersede those of the parents.

That about covers it, doesn't it?
Nice reply. However, you are assigning consistent principles to the ramblings of a raging leftist. They would have to take principled positions if that were the case.

The beauty of being a left wing radical, is that you are not constrained by principles; only by your emotional reactions to events or policies. Therefore, to assume that he would agree with your statement would be to assume that he opposes parents making decisions about their children's vacations based on principled opinions. I assume he opposes these parents choices out of partisan hatred. Therefore, he is not tied to follow the common sense path towards the other policies you questioned him about.

See how that works?
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2019, 12:46 PM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 13,554
Thanks: 12,090
Thanked 10,031 Times in 6,106 Posts
Default Re: Another study finds no link between autism and measles, mumps and rubella vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
Nice reply. However, you are assigning consistent principles to the ramblings of a raging leftist. They would have to take principled positions if that were the case.

The beauty of being a left wing radical, is that you are not constrained by principles; only by your emotional reactions to events or policies. Therefore, to assume that he would agree with your statement would be to assume that he opposes parents making decisions about their children's vacations based on principled opinions. I assume he opposes these parents choices out of partisan hatred. Therefore, he is not tied to follow the common sense path towards the other policies you questioned him about.

See how that works?
I don't post for 'agreement', that, as you pointed out, would lead to failure. But, as the eternal optimist, I like to think one sliver of what I say may penetrate and take root. Cause the proverbial hmmm.....

I'm one of those people, that while some call me insidious, have a habit of just smiling and walking away after I've laid the groundwork for one small move away from the far left.....
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2019, 01:44 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,886
Thanks: 829
Thanked 7,430 Times in 5,314 Posts
Default Re: Another study finds no link between autism and measles, mumps and rubella vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Please stalk some Liberals and bring them on board. I think the balance is out of whack here. Other than that yes I see your dilemma; it is mine.
Send more liberals.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
and, another, autism, between, finds, link, measles, mumps, rubella, study, vaccine

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0