Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Discussion > Health, Wellness, Sex and Body
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health, Wellness, Sex and Body Discuss Researchers say there's evidence that consciousness continues after clinical death at the General Discussion; Researchers say there's evidence that consciousness continues after clinical death You Tube You Tube ---Researchers at NYU's Langone Medical Center ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2018, 08:41 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,352
Thanks: 9,394
Thanked 5,651 Times in 3,807 Posts
Default Researchers say there's evidence that consciousness continues after clinical death

Researchers say there's evidence that consciousness continues after clinical death

---Researchers at NYU's Langone Medical Center have conducted a study of patients who have experienced near-death experiences, and the results are intriguing and chilling. Dr. Sam Parnia, the director of resuscitation research at NYU Langone, joins CBSN to discuss the findings of this mind bending study.---
after the mind and heart are DEAD. people have scientifically validated consciousness. being able to tell what was going on in the room after death and relate other experiences...


“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.”
― Robert Jastrow, Astronomer and Physicist, 'God and the Astronomers'

"...My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going...”

"... For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him..."

---Jesus, John 14:2-4 and John 3:16-17

2 Corinthians 5
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2018, 11:37 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,944
Thanks: 2,041
Thanked 32,648 Times in 19,018 Posts
Default Re: Researchers say there's evidence that consciousness continues after clinical deat

I had a feeling about Joe Biden...

Seriously, I imagine as long as oxygen gets to the brain, it can keep going...Ever though the heart stops, there's still "some" bloodflow for a little while...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2018, 06:57 AM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,352
Thanks: 9,394
Thanked 5,651 Times in 3,807 Posts
Default Re: Researchers say there's evidence that consciousness continues after clinical deat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
I had a feeling about Joe Biden...

Seriously, I imagine as long as oxygen gets to the brain, it can keep going...Ever though the heart stops, there's still "some" bloodflow for a little while...
the Dr mentioned there is no heart action so no blood flow, and no lung action so no oxygen. He said even brain cells are decaying. and The mentions HOURS dead not minutes.
He's pretty clear that he's talking about physically dead heart and brains. But a "consciousness" surviving and operating after that. not "brain activity".
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8

Last edited by mr wonder; 04-13-2018 at 07:12 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2018, 12:06 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,944
Thanks: 2,041
Thanked 32,648 Times in 19,018 Posts
Default Re: Researchers say there's evidence that consciousness continues after clinical deat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
the Dr mentioned there is no heart action so no blood flow, and no lung action so no oxygen. He said even brain cells are decaying. and The mentions HOURS dead not minutes.
He's pretty clear that he's talking about physically dead heart and brains. But a "consciousness" surviving and operating after that. not "brain activity".
Just because the heart stops doesn't mean all bloodflow immediately stops...There would still be some oxygenated blood in the brain for a little bit...

As far as HOURS?...I find it hard to believe...The patients researched had NEAR-death experiences...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2018, 12:24 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,352
Thanks: 9,394
Thanked 5,651 Times in 3,807 Posts
Default Re: Researchers say there's evidence that consciousness continues after clinical deat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
Just because the heart stops doesn't mean all bloodflow immediately stops...There would still be some oxygenated blood in the brain for a little bit...

As far as HOURS?...I find it hard to believe...The patients researched had NEAR-death experiences...
well the Dr said hours.

"Heart stops"
"brain completely shutdown"
"brains cells begins decay"
"bring people back 10's of minutes to hours of time"
"they had perceptions of being aware of what was happening"


this Dr. doesn't mention it, but i've heard testimonies of people that say they SEE what was happening. (eyes closed btw) and what they describe has been verified.

"10% describe mystical experiences "
Heart dr's and former atheist have described as much over the years.
the odd thing about the "mystical experiences" are the similarities. If it were random brain firings you'd expect more random dream like psychedelic trip type of reports rather than many similar reports. Who has the same dream?

But hey many people prefer to try and shoehorn it into "natural phenomenon" no matter what.
personally, the primary source i go to here is the report of Jesus Christ begin dead for 3 days and coming back from the dead and declaring that he has the keys to hell and death and is the doorway to heaven. And has prepared a place in heaven for all those that trust in him.

if others want think that all the "near death" reports are just last gasp natural brain activity, well OK.
but it doesn't even look like the science is leaning that way to me.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8

Last edited by mr wonder; 04-13-2018 at 12:31 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2018, 11:20 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,708
Thanks: 3,090
Thanked 4,107 Times in 2,902 Posts
Default Re: Researchers say there's evidence that consciousness continues after clinical deat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
well the Dr said hours.

"Heart stops"
"brain completely shutdown"
"brains cells begins decay"
"bring people back 10's of minutes to hours of time"
"they had perceptions of being aware of what was happening"


this Dr. doesn't mention it, but i've heard testimonies of people that say they SEE what was happening. (eyes closed btw) and what they describe has been verified.

"10% describe mystical experiences "
Heart dr's and former atheist have described as much over the years.
the odd thing about the "mystical experiences" are the similarities. If it were random brain firings you'd expect more random dream like psychedelic trip type of reports rather than many similar reports. Who has the same dream?

But hey many people prefer to try and shoehorn it into "natural phenomenon" no matter what.
personally, the primary source i go to here is the report of Jesus Christ begin dead for 3 days and coming back from the dead and declaring that he has the keys to hell and death and is the doorway to heaven. And has prepared a place in heaven for all those that trust in him.

if others want think that all the "near death" reports are just last gasp natural brain activity, well OK.
but it doesn't even look like the science is leaning that way to me.
So they "see" what is happening as in the out-of-body sense? Is this the subconscious part of the brain? Would you say that this is the part that keeps on living in eternity? Could this be considered the "spirit"?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2018, 11:53 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,921
Thanks: 8,450
Thanked 6,967 Times in 4,220 Posts
Default Re: Researchers say there's evidence that consciousness continues after clinical deat

It seems to me that the flaw in this argument is that people who have had near death experiences weren't really dead after all.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2018, 12:00 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,944
Thanks: 2,041
Thanked 32,648 Times in 19,018 Posts
Default Re: Researchers say there's evidence that consciousness continues after clinical deat

I know a few that are very much alive but have no brain activity whatsoever...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2018, 12:19 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,708
Thanks: 3,090
Thanked 4,107 Times in 2,902 Posts
Default Re: Researchers say there's evidence that consciousness continues after clinical deat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
I know a few that are very much alive but have no brain activity whatsoever...
I have someone working for me like that.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2018, 02:48 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,352
Thanks: 9,394
Thanked 5,651 Times in 3,807 Posts
Default Re: Researchers say there's evidence that consciousness continues after clinical deat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
So they "see" what is happening as in the out-of-body sense? Is this the subconscious part of the brain? Would you say that this is the part that keeps on living in eternity? Could this be considered the "spirit"?
That's what i conclude, that it is a persons disembodied spirit.
There a many accounts where people "come back" and say they experienced floating above their bodies and saw and heard all the med staffs and family were doing while they were "dead".

And after they've been revived and stabilized they describe the events correctly before they are told what happened. or having never been told.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
after, clinical, consciousness, continues, death, evidence, researchers, say, that, there

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0