Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Gun Control/2nd Amendment
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gun Control/2nd Amendment Discuss 84-Year Old Retired Cop Has Guns Seized After School Safety Comment at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Dog Man I think that repealing the 2nd amendment and Socialism go hand in hand. Socialists know ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2019, 02:30 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 83,295
Thanks: 56,009
Thanked 26,470 Times in 18,964 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: 84-Year Old Retired Cop Has Guns Seized After School Safety Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
I think that repealing the 2nd amendment and Socialism go hand in hand.

Socialists know that an unarmed population will be much more malleable.
thats some propaganda shLt right there to sell guns.
nobody gonna take on the biggest standing army with or without a second amendment.
and no we don want to get rid of it.
__________________
Khartoum has been facing heavy pressure and “blackmail” from the US administration to normalize relations with Israel in return for removing Sudan from the list of state sponsors of terrorism...~Jerusalem Post
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2019, 06:30 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,356
Thanks: 8,993
Thanked 6,480 Times in 3,710 Posts
Default Re: 84-Year Old Retired Cop Has Guns Seized After School Safety Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
thats some propaganda shLt right there to sell guns.
nobody gonna take on the biggest standing army with or without a second amendment.
and no we don want to get rid of it.
Tell that to the Democratic Presidential Candidates.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2019, 10:06 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,340
Thanks: 6,897
Thanked 6,779 Times in 4,598 Posts
Default Re: 84-Year Old Retired Cop Has Guns Seized After School Safety Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
thats some propaganda shLt right there to sell guns.
nobody gonna take on the biggest standing army with or without a second amendment.
and no we don want to get rid of it.
What would you say if someone overheard you talking to someone, and they thought they heard the works shoot, and school in the same sentence, and called the cops on you? Would you be supportive of the law raiding your house looking for guns?
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2019, 11:19 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,356
Thanks: 8,993
Thanked 6,480 Times in 3,710 Posts
Default Re: 84-Year Old Retired Cop Has Guns Seized After School Safety Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
thats some propaganda shLt right there to sell guns.
nobody gonna take on the biggest standing army with or without a second amendment.
and no we don want to get rid of it.
Apparently you have never heard of the Taliban or the North Vietnam Army. They did a pretty good job of taking on the "biggest standing army" with a lot of success.

How about the Continental Army? They were mostly comprised of farmers and they took on the worlds only superpower at the time. You must be oblivious to events that occurred more than 10 mins ago.

So why don't you tell us why we have the 2nd Amendment and why it is no longer necessary in your opinion.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2019, 11:32 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,909
Thanks: 656
Thanked 6,875 Times in 4,931 Posts
Default Re: 84-Year Old Retired Cop Has Guns Seized After School Safety Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
nobody gonna take on the biggest standing army with or without a second amendment.
You just described our Armed Forces as a bunch of pussies waiting on their lord and master dictator to order them to keep the population under his control.

There may be some momma's boys and daddy's little princesses willing to obey some totalitarian ass hole, but they will be quickly dealt a fatal blow.

When I took my Oath, it was for the Constitution, and not for some person. There is also no expiration date on it.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manitou For This Useful Post:
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2019, 11:37 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,340
Thanks: 6,897
Thanked 6,779 Times in 4,598 Posts
Default Re: 84-Year Old Retired Cop Has Guns Seized After School Safety Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
You just described our Armed Forces as a bunch of pussies waiting on their lord and master dictator to order them to keep the population under his control.

There may be some momma's boys and daddy's little princesses willing to obey some totalitarian ass hole, but they will be quickly dealt a fatal blow.

When I took my Oath, it was for the Constitution, and not for some person. There is also no expiration date on it.
Was it Yamamoto that said no one could go into America and beat them because everyone had guns? I wonder if they would think that way if the democrats successfully repealed the 2nd.
Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2019, 11:45 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,909
Thanks: 656
Thanked 6,875 Times in 4,931 Posts
Default Re: 84-Year Old Retired Cop Has Guns Seized After School Safety Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
Was it Yamamoto that said no one could go into America and beat them because everyone had guns? I wonder if they would think that way if the democrats successfully repealed the 2nd.
Something like there being an armed American behind every blade of grass.

Those snowflakes, especially the ones who bleat, "I'm pro-gun, but...", are annoying the hell out of me.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manitou For This Useful Post:
  #38 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2019, 11:56 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,356
Thanks: 8,993
Thanked 6,480 Times in 3,710 Posts
Default Re: 84-Year Old Retired Cop Has Guns Seized After School Safety Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
Was it Yamamoto that said no one could go into America and beat them because everyone had guns? I wonder if they would think that way if the democrats successfully repealed the 2nd.
While that would have been a logical assumption during WWII or really anytime in the history of the United States, it is a myth that he said it. There is no actual evidence that Yamamoto ever said those words.

And from a strategic standpoint, an invasion of the United States by Japan during the war would not have made any sense. Japan had no interest in invading the United States, they simply wanted the US to stay out of their affairs in South East Asia. They calculated that in order to do this, they would need to cripple the US Navy and the easiest way to do this was to attack the US Navy while it was in port in Pear Harbor.

However, there is a lot of truth to the sentiment expressed in the quote whether or not the quote is true. And it goes to the intent of the 2nd Amendment that the Government or any foreign force should fear the citizens of the United States and not the other way around.

“I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.” — George Mason 1788

“Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American People’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence.” — George Washington

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike how to use them, especially when young.” — Richard Henry Lee 1788

“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.” — Thomas Jefferson

“Those who trade liberty for security have neither. An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject.” — John Adams
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #39 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2019, 12:30 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,340
Thanks: 6,897
Thanked 6,779 Times in 4,598 Posts
Default Re: 84-Year Old Retired Cop Has Guns Seized After School Safety Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
While that would have been a logical assumption during WWII or really anytime in the history of the United States, it is a myth that he said it. There is no actual evidence that Yamamoto ever said those words.

And from a strategic standpoint, an invasion of the United States by Japan during the war would not have made any sense. Japan had no interest in invading the United States, they simply wanted the US to stay out of their affairs in South East Asia. They calculated that in order to do this, they would need to cripple the US Navy and the easiest way to do this was to attack the US Navy while it was in port in Pear Harbor.

However, there is a lot of truth to the sentiment expressed in the quote whether or not the quote is true. And it goes to the intent of the 2nd Amendment that the Government or any foreign force should fear the citizens of the United States and not the other way around.

“I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.” — George Mason 1788

“Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American People’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence.” — George Washington

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike how to use them, especially when young.” — Richard Henry Lee 1788

“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.” — Thomas Jefferson

“Those who trade liberty for security have neither. An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject.” — John Adams
Those quotes should be chiseled into the walls at every school in America.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
84year, after, comment, cop, guns, has, old, retired, safety, school, seized

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0