Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Gun Control/2nd Amendment
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gun Control/2nd Amendment Discuss Oklahoma’s Republican Governor Just Dealt an Unexpected Blow to the NRA at the General Forum; Originally Posted by GottaGo Just so I make myself perfectly clear, why should there be age restrictions? After all, a ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2018, 11:14 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,618
Thanks: 233
Thanked 5,599 Times in 4,061 Posts
Default Re: Oklahoma’s Republican Governor Just Dealt an Unexpected Blow to the NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
Just so I make myself perfectly clear, why should there be age restrictions? After all, a 5 year old is a Citizen also. Why should there be mentally capable restrictions? A Downs Syndrome individual, or a Schizophrenic is a Citizen also.

You're right. Why should there be?

Get back to Earth, please, hyperbolically speaking of course. You have undoubtedly noticed, I hope, that I have offered no restrictions of age limits, as per your first question above. I use my common sense, and when I see that the current age for purchasing a firearm is at least 18 years (adulthood), I am satisfied with that retail law. I say nothing about allowing a smart youngster to shoot a firearm. I have seen dumbasses over the age of 21 point a firearm at other people for whatever the hell reason. Who knows what evil fart crept into their brains. I will drop the matter there. Your Downs syndrome and schizophrenia inputs are beyond my experience.
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2018, 01:38 PM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 11,597
Thanks: 9,424
Thanked 7,607 Times in 4,884 Posts
Default Re: Oklahoma’s Republican Governor Just Dealt an Unexpected Blow to the NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Exactly where did you miss the part about the Brady Bunch? Are you with those clowns or what? I will include whatever hyperbole I want.
Bad Manitou, bad!

I am not a part of the Brady Bunch, in any way shape or form, that silly name calling/labeling thing you have going on doesn't do much to support your opinion.

I feel that with every 'right' comes certain responsibilities, and unless those responsibilities are specified, and if necessary, enforced, then people are not going to know what is expected of them.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2018, 01:41 PM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 11,597
Thanks: 9,424
Thanked 7,607 Times in 4,884 Posts
Default Re: Oklahoma’s Republican Governor Just Dealt an Unexpected Blow to the NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
You're right. Why should there be?

Get back to Earth, please, hyperbolically speaking of course. You have undoubtedly noticed, I hope, that I have offered no restrictions of age limits, as per your first question above. I use my common sense, and when I see that the current age for purchasing a firearm is at least 18 years (adulthood), I am satisfied with that retail law. I say nothing about allowing a smart youngster to shoot a firearm. I have seen dumbasses over the age of 21 point a firearm at other people for whatever the hell reason. Who knows what evil fart crept into their brains. I will drop the matter there. Your Downs syndrome and schizophrenia inputs are beyond my experience.
Your common sense is not necessarily the same as someone elses, hence the need for 'rules' being laid out in specific.

So you didn't appreciate the questions, which, IMO, means you don't have answers. And that, mon ami, is why we should have standardized rules.....
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2018, 01:50 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,618
Thanks: 233
Thanked 5,599 Times in 4,061 Posts
Default Re: Oklahoma’s Republican Governor Just Dealt an Unexpected Blow to the NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
Bad Manitou, bad!

I am not a part of the Brady Bunch, in any way shape or form, that silly name calling/labeling thing you have going on doesn't do much to support your opinion.

I feel that with every 'right' comes certain responsibilities, and unless those responsibilities are specified, and if necessary, enforced, then people are not going to know what is expected of them.
I asked a question. No name calling, no harm, no foul. I don't for one second believe or think you are part of the sissies bunch. Besides, you retaliated and called me bad.


Okay, seriously, people who have acquired, or are about to acquire a weapon should not need to know what is expected of them as to safety and responsibility. For example, I can go to any Walmart and pick up a machete and carry it around the store and continue shopping. How does Walmart know that some psycho did not enter the store, grab a shopping cart, grabbed a couple of machetes, and will not rip them out of the plastic to use them to chop up a few people? I say, because it is assumed that people who buy weapons are innocent until they misuse them. There goes "bye bye" the 100 percent safety factor that weenies think they can achieve. I think pro-gunners are built of better fabric mentally.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2018, 02:18 PM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 11,597
Thanks: 9,424
Thanked 7,607 Times in 4,884 Posts
Default Re: Oklahoma’s Republican Governor Just Dealt an Unexpected Blow to the NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
I asked a question. No name calling, no harm, no foul. I don't for one second believe or think you are part of the sissies bunch. Besides, you retaliated and called me bad.


Okay, seriously, people who have acquired, or are about to acquire a weapon should not need to know what is expected of them as to safety and responsibility. For example, I can go to any Walmart and pick up a machete and carry it around the store and continue shopping. How does Walmart know that some psycho did not enter the store, grab a shopping cart, grabbed a couple of machetes, and will not rip them out of the plastic to use them to chop up a few people? I say, because it is assumed that people who buy weapons are innocent until they misuse them. There goes "bye bye" the 100 percent safety factor that weenies think they can achieve. I think pro-gunners are built of better fabric mentally.
*sigh*
Or how about steak knives as weapons? Grilling forks? Arrows, and sling shots, and baseball bats or even a roll of TP......

We cannot prevent people from doing something stupid with virtually anything, but those things that carry warning labels (hair dryers, etc) do so because most people do not have common sense.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2018, 02:24 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,618
Thanks: 233
Thanked 5,599 Times in 4,061 Posts
Default Re: Oklahoma’s Republican Governor Just Dealt an Unexpected Blow to the NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
*sigh*
Or how about steak knives as weapons? Grilling forks? Arrows, and sling shots, and baseball bats or even a roll of TP......

We cannot prevent people from doing something stupid with virtually anything, but those things that carry warning labels (hair dryers, etc) do so because most people do not have common sense.
Okay. I will go along with some stupid warning label (peel-off type) on a firearm, with something equally stupid, like,

"WARNING! This can kill if the projectile hits you or another living thing."
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2018, 03:01 PM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 11,597
Thanks: 9,424
Thanked 7,607 Times in 4,884 Posts
Default Re: Oklahoma’s Republican Governor Just Dealt an Unexpected Blow to the NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Okay. I will go along with some stupid warning label (peel-off type) on a firearm, with something equally stupid, like,

"WARNING! This can kill if the projectile hits you or another living thing."
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2018, 03:41 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,618
Thanks: 233
Thanked 5,599 Times in 4,061 Posts
Default Re: Oklahoma’s Republican Governor Just Dealt an Unexpected Blow to the NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
I'm sorry. The warning sign should be around the muzzle, and it should say, "If you can read this, you are pointing the firearm in a dangerous direction."
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2018, 03:55 PM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 11,597
Thanks: 9,424
Thanked 7,607 Times in 4,884 Posts
Default Re: Oklahoma’s Republican Governor Just Dealt an Unexpected Blow to the NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
I'm sorry. The warning sign should be around the muzzle, and it should say, "If you can read this, you are pointing the firearm in a dangerous direction."
That is actually funny.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2018, 04:17 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,618
Thanks: 233
Thanked 5,599 Times in 4,061 Posts
Default Re: Oklahoma’s Republican Governor Just Dealt an Unexpected Blow to the NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
Your common sense is not necessarily the same as someone elses, hence the need for 'rules' being laid out in specific.

So you didn't appreciate the questions, which, IMO, means you don't have answers. And that, mon ami, is why we should have standardized rules.....
Standardized rules are for people lacking in common sense. Those who know that firearms are dangerous and deserve respect, don't need standardized rules. LA-LALA-LALA!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blow, dealt, governor, just, nra, oklahoma’s, republican, the, unexpected

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0