Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Gun Control/2nd Amendment
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gun Control/2nd Amendment Discuss Brady Center Prez -Repeal the Second Amendment? at the General Forum; Originally Posted by foundit66 Really. The fact that you keep lying about people's statements is the reason why nobody will ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2018, 04:27 AM
Jeerleader's Avatar
Guide
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Upper Bucks County, PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 482
Thanks: 308
Thanked 592 Times in 293 Posts
Default Re: Brady Center Prez -Repeal the Second Amendment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Really. The fact that you keep lying about people's statements is the reason why nobody will ever trust a word you (or liberals in general) say about firearms policy
I don't lie about people's statements. I may offer a hyperbolic characterization of what you say but that is frustration speaking.

You get to say, "If you look at the overwhelming majority of history for how the 2nd amendment has been interpreted, it did not cover what has been magically rewritten within the last ten years" but I know my proof of your profound wrongness will be TLDR.

Idiocy has the benefit of being terse; it is easily understood and parroted and difficult to extinguish because often, the mind uttering it has a 6 second attention span and will never, ever read a corrective message.

So, you may disagree with my characterization and it might hurt your fweewlings but 99% of the time I can prove that characterization true -- problem is, 97% of the time the person who needs to read it, won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
It's really a shame you think you have to devolve into these strawman and ad hominem tactics in order to make a point.
You really don't have to.
But when wrong people are so sanctimonious and arrogant it is really tough to restrain the contempt . . . If there's one thing I have learned in 25 years of debating gun rights, showing respect to an anti-gunner really is a useless endeavor. Back in the 90's and early 2000's anti's could at least formulate calm and reasoned arguments. Now it is all unhinged accusations and disgusting insults. Nowadays the anti's just post in a hit-n-run style and any challenge to them results in stomping feet and them abandoning the thread. So, over the years I have learned that people who hold / espouse positions that they are not willing (or able) to defend, command no respect.

Look, let's get real. There's no way you are going to try to prove your statement correct on the law and even less chance you will try to defend Stevens. You are going to come back and write some snappy, smart-ass retort and walk away.

I know it and even better, I know that you know it.

It's what liberals do; it is the Stewart / Colbert / Maddow school of interaction (one can't call it debate) cause you know, you're just too smart to be bothered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
But too many of these threads revolve around those antics, so it really doesn't surprise me...
Well, given how reasoned, supported debate is treated, the trash-talking is the loudest and all you hear.



.
__________________
Allowing an illegal border crosser to stay in the US with amnesty and start the legal immigration process
is like allowing a bank robber to go free and keep the money as long as he fills out a loan application.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeerleader For This Useful Post:
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2018, 07:49 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,103
Thanks: 7,201
Thanked 10,010 Times in 5,696 Posts
Default Re: Brady Center Prez -Repeal the Second Amendment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeerleader View Post
I don't lie about people's statements. I may offer a hyperbolic characterization of what you say but that is frustration speaking.

You get to say, "If you look at the overwhelming majority of history for how the 2nd amendment has been interpreted, it did not cover what has been magically rewritten within the last ten years" but I know my proof of your profound wrongness will be TLDR.

Idiocy has the benefit of being terse; it is easily understood and parroted and difficult to extinguish because often, the mind uttering it has a 6 second attention span and will never, ever read a corrective message.

So, you may disagree with my characterization and it might hurt your fweewlings but 99% of the time I can prove that characterization true -- problem is, 97% of the time the person who needs to read it, won't.



But when wrong people are so sanctimonious and arrogant it is really tough to restrain the contempt . . . If there's one thing I have learned in 25 years of debating gun rights, showing respect to an anti-gunner really is a useless endeavor. Back in the 90's and early 2000's anti's could at least formulate calm and reasoned arguments. Now it is all unhinged accusations and disgusting insults. Nowadays the anti's just post in a hit-n-run style and any challenge to them results in stomping feet and them abandoning the thread. So, over the years I have learned that people who hold / espouse positions that they are not willing (or able) to defend, command no respect.

Look, let's get real. There's no way you are going to try to prove your statement correct on the law and even less chance you will try to defend Stevens. You are going to come back and write some snappy, smart-ass retort and walk away.

I know it and even better, I know that you know it.

It's what liberals do; it is the Stewart / Colbert / Maddow school of interaction (one can't call it debate) cause you know, you're just too smart to be bothered.



Well, given how reasoned, supported debate is treated, the trash-talking is the loudest and all you hear.



.
I believe you to be wise enough to know this well written piece will accomplish nothing to improve the demeanor of the intended subject, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading such refreshing prose. The anti's simply cannot be bothered with honest discourse.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
amendment, brady, center, prez, repeal, second, the

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0